SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs the Gophers Saturday

The Whistler

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well - we get our moneys worth for home ice. Can we trade in the ref squad?

Isn't there something if the series goes to three games a request can be made for a new officiating crew? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember something like that happening when the Sioux and Tech played in the first round playoffs.

yeah, I could live with the no calls, but then to have a change of heart on a bench penalty!!!!!!

It wasn't a "change of heart". Simply put, there were more than six UND players on the ice. They counted more than six, they called the penalty. You can't argue with it. It doesn't matter what they did or didn't call earlier in the game. It was a penalty. Period.

The gophers did step it up compared to last night - but the Dahlstrom difference is the crappy refs. When it was said that Macloed wanted to goophs in the five - these blind zebras are trying there best. Missed calls on the sioux and timely calls for the goophs. What a bunch of crap. I am not into this conspiracy stuff. It is absolutely horse crap. The more I talk about this it just torques me off.

We did play a lot in our own end on the 3rd and we out shot the crap out of them the whole game. i'm not saying the sioux are angels and could have had a couple too - but the obvious lopsided calls in the 3rd - cmon. Games decided by bad officiating is just sick. Over and over - these guys need to go.

Isn't there something if the series goes to three games a request can be made for a new officiating crew? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember something like that happening when the Sioux and Tech played in the first round playoffs.

ya the Hak can request new refs

Never thought it would make it to 3 games after last night. Hope tomorrow is a barn-burner!

I don't. I hope the Sioux shell the Gophers in retaliation for daring to even show emotion and interest in the game!! :D:)

Anyways, the result of this game sucks. I think the Sioux played well but untimely penalties was their demise cause the Gophers capitalized on them.

btw, still loving Eidsness' save on Cepis breakaway. Awesome!

The gophers did step it up compared to last night - but the Dahlstrom difference is the crappy refs. When it was said that Macloed wanted to goophs in the five - these blind zebras are trying there best. Missed calls on the sioux and timely calls for the goophs. What a bunch of crap. I am not into this conspiracy stuff. It is absolutely horse crap. The more I talk about this it just torques me off.

We did play a lot in our own end on the 3rd and we out shot the crap out of them the whole game. i'm not saying the sioux are angels and could have had a couple too - but the obvious lopsided calls in the 3rd - cmon. Games decided by bad officiating is just sick. Over and over - these guys need to go.

The fact that the Cepis dive is what sparked the Gophers comeback is what I find most irritating about the loss. They need to start calling diving more. Maybe it is just me, but it seem the Gophers are and historically have been divers. It is one of the main things that annoys me about them.

The fact that the Cepis dive is what sparked the Gophers comeback is what I find most irritating about the loss. They need to start calling diving more. Maybe it is just me, but it seem the Gophers are and historically have been divers. It is one of the main things that annoys me about them.

Exactly what we've been saying, and their announcers admit it's his reputation!

If they let em play, they let em play. If they wanna call em, they should call em. I counted two definite tripping calls against the goofs right before the bench foul against the sioux. And the sioux player was not even involved in play.

It wasn't a "change of heart". Simply put, there were more than six UND players on the ice. They counted more than six, they called the penalty. You can't argue with it. It doesn't matter what they did or didn't call earlier in the game. It was a penalty. Period.

I know how to ref. I am a ref. I am just saying that it should be consistent. Not a horrible night for the ref crew, but not particularly good either. And to make a game-deciding call on a bench penalty that was not in-play........

I wholeheartedly agree.

Any sport where a ref has to make a judgement call is tough. The players and coaches don't care which way you call it, whether it's tight or loose, just call it consistently through the game.

When Frank and Doug say they weren't going to call the too many men penalty on us because of the situation is exactly whats wrong. Even those 2 were suprised they called it. We had at least 7 on the ice and they are suprised the penalty was called because of the state of the game. That's not how it should be. Call it if it's a penalty.

If they let em play, they let em play. If they wanna call em, they should call em. I counted two definite tripping calls against the goofs right before the bench foul against the sioux. And the sioux player was not even involved in play.

Watch the tape again and count how many were missed on the sioux - during that time frame.