SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 2010

gfhockey

Per the live chat with Brian Faison today at noon:

12:25 Brian Faison: We are currently scheduled to play NDSU next year in soccer, volleyball and men's basketball. Baseball resumed the rivalry by winning three of four earlier this month.

12:56 Brian Faison: The renewal of the NDSU series for volleyball and men's basketball all begin in 2010-11 at NDSU and return to UND in 2011-12.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the live chat with Brian Faison today at noon:

The response from Taylor: http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Also, there was talk today that UND and NDSU would renew the series in volleyball and men's basketball, UND Athletic Director Brian Faison said on a internet chat today that the series will start this year for both schools at NDSU and the following year the teams will play at UND. Just spoke with Gene Taylor, he said he hasn't a signed contract yet and nothing is definite yet.

Also, there was talk today that UND and NDSU would renew the series in volleyball and men's basketball, UND Athletic Director Brian Faison said on a internet chat today that the series will start this year for both schools at NDSU and the following year the teams will play at UND. Just spoke with Gene Taylor, he said he hasn't a signed contract yet and nothing is definite yet.

**stuffs another handful of popcorn in his mouth**

:silly: This game of cat and mouse is getting really old. There is absolutely no reason that the softball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and even basketball teams shouldn't be all be playing each other again and on a yearly basis.

Maybe Faison shouldn't mention games until contracts are signed and maybe Taylor should just reply "That is what we are working towards but we are still working out the details."

:silly: This game of cat and mouse is getting really old. There is absolutely no reason that the softball, baseball, soccer, volleyball and even basketball teams shouldn't be all be playing each other again and on a yearly basis.

Maybe Faison shouldn't mention games until contracts are signed and maybe Taylor should just reply "That is what we are working towards but we are still working out the details."

Earlier this week I had heard that soccer, volleyball and men's basketball were in the works and the agreements were almost complete for next year, but contracts were not signed. Women's basketball won't start up again for at least another year. Taylor must feel like he is losing a little bit of control since he is going with the "It's not official" stance rather than "We hope to be able to announce something soon" position.

I just got back from taking my 8 year old son to his first bball game at the BSA. What a dump!!! Its dark, the PA system sucks bad. It needs to be renivated or destroyed. NDSU should just move their games into the Fargodome for good. UND shouldn't have to lower themselves to play in a facility that reminds me of a garage.

That statement seems kind of odd for a fan of a school that plays football in a quonset. What were they thinking when they built the Alerus? At least the BSA was at one time a decent basketball arena. The Alerus has always been a terrible place to watch a football game.

That statement seems kind of odd for a fan of a school that plays football in a quonset. What were they thinking when they built the Alerus? At least the BSA was at one time a decent basketball arena. The Alerus has always been a terrible place to watch a football game.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. Watching the game (sightlines) has been great at the Al. I agree, the outside was very plain and concrete and tin looking, but with the recent upgrades, it looks pretty sharp. Not sure the quonset or tincan argument works anymore. I think we are lucky to have a facility like the Alerus, as the Bison are lucky to have the Fargodome.

Multiple playoff wins and a national championship for UND while calling the Alerus home. What say you?

Multiple playoff wins and a national championship for UND while calling the Alerus home. What say you?

What does that have to do with the stadium they play in? I could be 30 rows up in the Fargodome and be closer to the field than if I were 15 rows up (which is actually pretty much straight out from and not much above the field) in the Alerus. It needed to be built much steeper than it was.

What does that have to do with the stadium they play in? I could be 30 rows up in the Fargodome and be closer to the field than if I were 15 rows up (which is actually pretty much straight out from and not much above the field) in the Alerus. It needed to be built much steeper than it was.

Just evaluating the relative success of the football programs since moving indoors. Sorry about that Mike Brady.

... I could be 30 rows up in the Fargodome and be closer to the field than if I were 15 rows up ... in the Alerus. It needed to be built much steeper than it was.

Really? I'm not sure how your math works there, buddy, but if you prefer staring down at the tops of helmets and don't get altitude sickness in the Fargodome rafters good for you. I've been to many games/events at both places (less so at the Fargdome the last six years) and they're both very good facilities for football. The Fargodome has nothing on the Alerus except for end zone seating, and the Alerus has better lighting and concourse areas. And then there's beer! Always get a kick out of SU fans who rag on the Alerus as a Quonset or "tin can" -- even though half of them probably have never seen a game there. Hopeless homers.

Really? I'm not sure how your math works there, buddy, but if you prefer staring down at the tops of helmets and don't get altitude sickness in the Fargodome rafters good for you. I've been to many games/events at both places (less so at the Fargdome the last six years) and they're both very good facilities for football. The Fargodome has nothing on the Alerus except for end zone seating, and the Alerus has better lighting and concourse areas. And then there's beer! Always get a kick out of SU fans who rag on the Alerus as a Quonset or "tin can" -- even though half of them probably have never seen a game there. Hopeless homers.

The Fargodome has better sightlines thanks to the steeper pitch of the stands. Which is why the previous poster said he could be 30 rows back and be closer to the field and those seats aren't bad(unless you are in the endzone). Other than that the Alerus isn't so bad.

Thankfully, that should be changed next season. The FD is getting a ~$650k lighting upgrade over the summer. It should allow the option for HD broadcasts if FSN/FCS or KVLY choose to bring the cameras(the current lighting is below the threshold for HD). We'll agree to disagree on the concourses.

Earlier this week I had heard that soccer, volleyball and men's basketball were in the works and the agreements were almost complete for next year, but contracts were not signed. Women's basketball won't start up again for at least another year. Taylor must feel like he is losing a little bit of control since he is going with the "It's not official" stance rather than "We hope to be able to announce something soon" position.

Rumor is Faison is holding out for 4 games per sport per year :silly:

Also, generally the home team gives the official announcement of the games.

Rumor is Faison is holding out for 4 games per sport per year :silly:

Also, generally the home team gives the official announcement of the games.

Faison didn't make any kind of official announcement. He was just keeping interested people aware of what he was working on. Generally an official announcement comes with a press release and often with a press conference. Faison mentioned some things during a conversation when he was asked a question.

You think! What's Taylor supposed to say when Faison is opens his mouth prematurely.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/275830/group/Sports/

How is this for you? The very next day his own basketball coach comes out and says the games are on.

Maybe Gene should actually communicate with his coaches since they are the ones that schedule the games, not him. Once again he just couldn't help himself, he had to take a negative tone with a UND topic and was made to look like an idiot by his own BB coach.

You think! What's Taylor supposed to say when Faison is opens his mouth prematurely.

That kind of thing happens all of the time. The simple thing to do is go with something like "It's too early to talk about that" or "We've had some discussion but nothing is official yet". Or maybe just say "We will only discuss games that have signed contracts. We will let you know when that happens." These guys have been doing those jobs for a while. They have a pretty good idea of which contracts are going to be signed and which won't, especially when they are down to the final details.

"We have an agreement in principle, but we don't yet have signed contracts".
The bottom line on everything Bison is Taylor is an arrogant jerk, just trying to improve his own credentials for his next job. If the folks in Fargo do not see it they are totally blind. This guy is a Navy guy, Navy folks have huge egos! He cannot tolerate the fact that he has accomplished some neat things, but they are not earth shattering and he still is not recognized for them. To bad, life is tough.

The bottom line on everything Bison is Taylor is an arrogant jerk, just trying to improve his own credentials for his next job. If the folks in Fargo do not see it they are totally blind. This guy is a Navy guy, Navy folks have huge egos! He cannot tolerate the fact that he has accomplished some neat things, but they are not earth shattering and he still is not recognized for them. To bad, life is tough.

Kent State took a pass.

An arrogant jerk, you have no clue about who Taylor is. He is a great guy, too bad your ADs bring out the worst in him.

Yeah Fiason is real class act also :silly: