SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 2010

gfhockey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope there would be a game in both cities. There would be no reason for there not to be. If NDSU said they couldn't work in a road game to Grand Forks that would be really weak. We both play a lot of non conference games and a lot of home games with no one in attendance. I would assume we would playing in both towns. It is truly good gates being missed by both schools. We can both use the money. Faison better stand strong on this issue.

I would hope there would be a game in both cities. There would be no reason for there not to be. If NDSU said they couldn't work in a road game to Grand Forks that would be really weak. We both play a lot of non conference games and a lot of home games with no one in attendance. I would assume we would playing in both towns. It is truly good gates being missed by both schools. We can both use the money. Faison better stand strong on this issue.

I doubt there will be a game in Grand Forks next year. This will probably be a one game deal and like FargoBison said UND may be in the summit in 2012. If not I'm sure it will be revisited and will be an annual game. At home or on the road this is a good game for UND. Its against a good program and a game that a lot of alumni can get to. Great idea by ndsu or whoever to have it in the dome.

Apparently some people are speculating that next year the game would be in Fargo and the year after it would be at both locations. Would somebody give me a good reason why we wouldn't play a game at both cities next year? It would be easy to schedule and very profitable for both schools.

Apparently some people are speculating that next year the game would be in Fargo and the year after it would be at both locations. Would somebody give me a good reason why we wouldn't play a game at both cities next year? It would be easy to schedule and very profitable for both schools.

May be easy to schedule but not necessarily in the best interest of either school to play each other twice in the same season right now, considering the quality (or lack-there-of) of basketball that both teams are playing right now. The RPI is a big thing to consider at this level of basketball. Sure, North Dakota has no shot at post-season play, and NDSU's only shot is to win the Summit tourney but there is more to it than that in the big picture. Right now, North Dakota playing NDSU doesn't do much to help our RPI. We need to move up in the RPI rankings, because the big schools from Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 etc. won't easily schedule a school like us because of our low RPI, which is a factor when selecting at-large teams to the NCAA tourney. When Texas A&M and Iowa St. throttled us this year, it actually lowered their RPI just because they played us, basically because we have poor team that struggles against other poor teams. If the big schools from the power conferences won't schedule us, that hurts our pocketbook in a big way. Same goes for NDSU..........they need to build their RPI up in order to get guarantee games against schools from power conferences. Playing North Dakota doesn't help them do that. They'll make a nice profit from the 7,000-8,000 that come to the Dome for this game, but it is probably not worth the RPI hit the both of us would take for playing each other twice in the same season when we are in different conferences. I would hope though, that this game is part of a longer term agreement that calls for NDSU to play in GF the following season, and then UND back in Fargo the year after that, and so on.......

May be easy to schedule but not necessarily in the best interest of either school to play each other twice in the same season right now, considering the quality (or lack-there-of) of basketball that both teams are playing right now. The RPI is a big thing to consider at this level of basketball. Sure, North Dakota has no shot at post-season play, and NDSU's only shot is to win the Summit tourney but there is more to it than that in the big picture. Right now, North Dakota playing NDSU doesn't do much to help our RPI. We need to move up in the RPI rankings, because the big schools from Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 etc. won't easily schedule a school like us because of our low RPI, which is a factor when selecting at-large teams to the NCAA tourney. When Texas A&M and Iowa St. throttled us this year, it actually lowered their RPI just because they played us, basically because we have poor team that struggles against other poor teams. If the big schools from the power conferences won't schedule us, that hurts our pocketbook in a big way. Same goes for NDSU..........they need to build their RPI up in order to get guarantee games against schools from power conferences. Playing North Dakota doesn't help them do that. They'll make a nice profit from the 7,000-8,000 that come to the Dome for this game, but it is probably not worth the RPI hit the both of us would take for playing each other twice in the same season when we are in different conferences. I would hope though, that this game is part of a longer term agreement that calls for NDSU to play in GF the following season, and then UND back in Fargo the year after that, and so on.......

Great post! Really looking forward to this one because I miss the rivalary and I won't have to travel far!! Anyone know if this is finalized or not??

It would be non-conference, so no way will there be two games in a season. As Bincity stated, I would hope there would be a return trip to GF and alternate every other season after that. I can't think of one instance throughout the country where two b-ball games are scheduled in one season with traditional non-conference rivals.

It would be non-conference, so no way will there be two games in a season. As Bincity stated, I would hope there would be a return trip to GF and alternate every other season after that. I can't think of one instance throughout the country where two b-ball games are scheduled in one season with traditional non-conference rivals.

Summit decision won

I just got back from taking my 8 year old son to his first bball game at the BSA. What a dump!!! Its dark, the PA system sucks bad. It needs to be renivated or destroyed. NDSU should just move their games into the Fargodome for good. UND shouldn't have to lower themselves to play in a facility that reminds me of a garage.

I just got back from taking my 8 year old son to his first bball game at the BSA. What a dump!!! Its dark, the PA system sucks bad. It needs to be renivated or destroyed. NDSU should just move their games into the Fargodome for good. UND shouldn't have to lower themselves to play in a facility that reminds me of a garage.

Just wait 2 years it will all change. There will be an announcement coming soon.

I saw some renderings of a renovated BSA a few years ago that looked pretty nice. Are they going to lower the floor?

I don't know about that (lowering the floor) but it's going to be a bowl with approx. 6,000 seats. New offices, weight room (next to old Dacotah field), 2 practice courts.

I don't know about that (lowering the floor) but it's going to be a bowl with approx. 6,000 seats. New offices, weight room (next to old Dacotah field), 2 practice courts.

Hopefully better concession area...although i loved the Domino's Pizza and Dippin Dots, and so did my son.