SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm anxious for this series to get going. UND needs some help from the goofs, but I think they'll get it. If the Sioux get a sweep this weekend and the gophs get a sweep we've got a tie ball game going into Colorado Springs next weekend. It may seem like a bit of a longshot, but the sioux are very capable of getting home ice in the playoffs.....maybe they'll get a home series against the gophs. :silly:

I'm anxious for this series to get going. UND needs some help from the goofs, but I think they'll get it. If the Sioux get a sweep this weekend and the gophs get a sweep we've got a tie ball game going into Colorado Springs next weekend. It may seem like a bit of a longshot, but the sioux are very capable of getting home ice in the playoffs.....maybe they'll get a home series against the gophs. :silly:

I don't know if the Gophers can beat C.C. based on how they are playing. If anything we need 3 or 4 points from UND as well as UMN.

I don't know if the Gophers can beat C.C. based on how they are playing. If anything we need 3 or 4 points from UND as well as UMN.

Based on Jim's PWR analysis and the WCHA race, this weekend I have to say Go Goph.....

Scratch that, just can't do it, so: Lose CC! LOSE CC!

Based on Jim's PWR analysis and the WCHA race, this weekend I have to say Go Goph.....

Scratch that, just can't do it, so: Lose CC! LOSE CC!

I would love to see UMN beat C.C. twice but I don't think it's in the cards. I feel dirty saying that I want the Gophers to win.

Ohh come on, if its good for the sioux its good for me. The gophers need to sweep C.C. for the sioux to get home ice. I don't think C.C. is that great of a team, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the goofs put it together at home for a weekend.

Sioux Sweep, Gophs Sweep! It could happen!

Ohh come on, if its good for the sioux its good for me. The gophers need to sweep C.C. for the sioux to get home ice. I don't think C.C. is that great of a team, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the goofs put it together at home for a weekend.

Sioux Sweep, Gophs Sweep! It could happen!

I don't think the Sioux absolutely need UMN to sweep CC in order to get home ice. Being that they play each other next week, that's where the big differences could come into play if UND can manage to sweep CC.

Also, the last weekend CC plays DU, where UND gets MTU at home. If UND is within a couple points of CC entering that weekend, I like their chances.

If you start cheering for the Rodents, only bad things can happen. The Sioux finally opened the flood gates offensively last weekend, and things are looking up. So cheering for the Rodents, under any circumstances, can only bring on some bad JuJu and will end up jinxing the Sioux..... Since I hate the Rodents more than any team in any sport at any level, there is absolutely no way I can cheer for them no matter who they are playing.

So.... here is a scenario that I think all true Sioux fans can live with.

- Sioux take care of business, which is the most important thing anyway, sweeping Duluth.

- CC sweeps the Rodents, or at the worst splits.

- That would almost certainly knock the Rodents out of the NCAAs, which is huge since they host a regional....AGAIN!! I just want to make sure those dirty ba$tards have no chance of scumming out and getting in the tourney in their own back yard.

- I get satisfaction in seeing them miss the playoffs for 2 years in a row when they would carry the home ice advantage.

- I get more satisfaction in not seeing the Rodents at the Final 5 after they lose to a tough first round opponent on the road.

- The next week we sweep at CC, which puts us in a tie at the worst, with the Sioux holding the Tie breaker.

- The final weekend, Sioux Sweep Tech.

- DU Sweeps CC (as much as I would normally hate it)

- The Sioux end up with home ice for the WCHA playoffs, The Rodents end up with a tough first round match up, probably miss the Final Five, and have no way to get into the NCAAs :silly:

- And no Sioux fans will have to burn in Hell for cheering for the Rodents

If you have a better scenario, I'm all for it as long as I don't have to cheer for the Golden Turd Burglars!

its a long article but read this

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/articles/5657

WOW. I'm really surprised how I didn't know about this. I'm from small town southern Minnesota where wrestling is bigger than hockey and a lot of my best friends from high school wrestled in state tourneys and I never heard about this until now.

This is ridiculous... I can't believe we allow this guy to run the show... because really, how do I know everything is being done in an ethical matter here? Why should I trust this guy? Oh, wait... I DON'T.

The article posted....It's from a legit source IMO. It was originally ran in The Guillotine, which is the major Minnesota amateur wrestling publication in the state, so I take their word to bank, but that's just me.