SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

You don't have any faith in the boys? Just wondering. Look at the calender, after the first of the year, UND is something like .750% over the past 5 years after the first of the year. I think we can take three points from UMN, DU, SCSU UMD and C.C. and sweep MTU that would set the Sioux up pretty well.

In your scenerio, they would be set up pretty well. I look at things as how they have played, not how they might play. They can't protect 2 goal lead at all, they have not won a single 1 goal game yet this season, they don't have a goalie that will give a 40+ save outing and steal you a game or you. And we don't score alot of goals. Not saying they can't put together a second 1/2 run, but going on the road to UM, SCSU and CC will not be as easy as you seem to think IMO.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all about chay. this is a above average ncaa tourney team team without genoway and the results in the last 10 games back this up. hell you could even say below average looking at wins and losses but i think we all know they are still very good. with genoway they are a legit ncaa title contender and then add frattin in the mix and we may have something IF or ill say WHEN chay gets back :lol: i know im not uncovering anything we all dont already know but just saying......they can still be very good without chay but he did so much out there and it could take another couple weeks to put it all together without him. go find me another team and take a top 10 player in college hockey and sit him for a couple months and see what happens. the good thing is the team is playing better, still blew a 2 goal lead vs the domers but as hak said and blood echoes that the sioux are starting to get it together

sioux sweep mavs with blood, fienhage and macwilliam hittting everything on the ice in purple legally of course ;) and ride kristos play along with a couple from frattin!

the past five years havenothing to do with this years team and I wish people would just stop thinking a second half run is a given.

Why? I am not trying to pick a fight either, but you have given nothing in the way of facts to prove other wise. To me history does mean something and I think it plays into the way they prepare their teams. People have a little faith. I remember the fire Hakstol threads when UND was sitting worse, last season at this time. It's two things, either that or I have been fooled into believing that the coaching staff knows what it's doing, or they are way out of it's league, I going to that I must have faith in Hak and co until they prove us wrong. I think we can get in the top 3-4 in the league for the stretch run. Let DU have the anchor that is the MacNaughten Cup.

i know im not uncovering anything we all dont already know but just saying......they can still be very good without chay but he did so much out there and it could take another couple weeks to put it all together without him. go find me another team and take a top 10 player in college hockey and sit him for a couple months and see what happens. the good thing is the team is playing better, still blew a 2 goal lead vs the domers but as hak said and blood echoes that the sioux are starting to get it together

sioux sweep mavs with blood, fienhage and macwilliam hittting everything on the ice in purple legally of course :lol: and ride kristos play along with a couple from frattin!

I think your right on Chay it's like taking Chevy out of DU's line up and the Frattin factor is bigger than I once assumed. I must admit that I didn't think at first UND would miss him that much but in retrospect I think his being in the line up could be big. I also think the Sioux don't have to be a .750 winning percentage to make the NCAA's. Our out of conference record is doing great things for us right now.

they don't have a goalie that will give a 40+ save outing and steal you a game or you.

On the one point goaltending has been the weak link the last two seasons. I don't think everyone is drinking the Eidsness kool aide anymore either.

I am hoping Dell will step up and push him and get some more starts in the future.

I think your right on Chay it's like taking Chevy out of DU's line up and the Frattin factor is bigger than I once assumed. I must admit that I didn't think at first UND would miss him that much but in retrospect I think his being in the line up could be big. I also think the Sioux don't have to be a .750 winning percentage to make the NCAA's. Our out of conference record is doing great things for us right now.

chevy's not a good comparison but if you took rhett rock or wiercoch out of their lineup that would be the equalizer to chay.

chevy's not a good comparison but if you took rhett rock or wiercoch out of their lineup that would be the equalizer to chay.

Correct. We can use who ever, J.S. from Minnesota or ____________ star top line player... The reason I put him in

was when Murray was in net for DU they looked pretty average when Chevy is in net DU is a 75% better team.

You don't have any faith in the boys? Just wondering. Look at the calender, after the first of the year, UND is something like .750% over the past 5 years after the first of the year. I think we can take three points from UMN, DU, SCSU UMD and C.C. and sweep MTU that would set the Sioux up pretty well.

Goon you are the eternal optimist. if the sioux take 3 out of 4 from all those teams they could very well hang another banner up next year.

What's with all the negativity lately on here?

Personally, I hope that the Sioux win every game they play and am disappointed if they don't. I'd rather it be that way then expect them to lose and be excited when they win.

it just gets frustrating to see the same thing happen in nearly every game since mid november. good start, poor second period marred with stupid penalties, inconsistent goaltending and a blown two goal lead in the third period. you would think at some point some of this would get straightened out. even in all of last year's first half struggles hak kept mentioning "we're real close to going ona streak" not once have I heard him say that with this years squad. maybe that in and of itself says something.

Goon you are the eternal optimist. if the sioux take 3 out of 4 from all those teams they could very well hang another banner up next year.

I always try to remain positive no matter how much s#!t I am fed.

even in all of last year's first half struggles hak kept mentioning "we're real close to going ona streak" not once have I heard him say that with this years squad.

I have, he has basically said it a few times once was at the Sioux Boosters a few weeks back.

With all this negativity, I thought I'd inject a plug for a hockey blog that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Fighting Sioux hockey.

It is actually a Toronto Maple Leaf Blog. And it is the most hilarious blog I've ever read.

The latest article is hilarious but you have got to go to the thread on Chris Durno. It is almost fall out of the chair hilarious.

The blog is called "Down Goes Brown" and it is at http://www.downgoesbrown.com

Laugh away.

Why? I am not trying to pick a fight either, but you have given nothing in the way of facts to prove other wise. To me history does mean something and I think it plays into the way they prepare their teams. People have a little faith. I remember the fire Hakstol threads when UND was sitting worse, last season at this time. It's two things, either that or I have been fooled into believing that the coaching staff knows what it's doing, or they are way out of it's league, I going to that I must have faith in Hak and co until they prove us wrong. I think we can get in the top 3-4 in the league for the stretch run. Let DU have the anchor that is the MacNaughten Cup.

I'm with you Goon...

First bolded point: #5 nationally is a great place to be sitting.

Second bolded point: All the neigh sayers, if you can think you can do a better job coaching THEN DO SO! I think you can't other wise you'd be a coach somewhere...

Third bolded point: National Championships >>>>>>>>> McNaughten Cups, it doesn't even compare. Just make the tournament is all I ask and we'll let the chips fall where they may then.

the past five years havenothing to do with this years team and I wish people would just stop thinking a second half run is a given.

Thank you.

That doesn't mean I don't think the Sioux will have a nice run this year, I just don't like using past history as a predictor for future performance.

I believe that the key to this team is going to be whether or not the inury parade stops or at least slows down. We know about the major ones such as Genoway, Zajac, Hextall (current one), but there have been a number of other ones. This is actually Hextall's second of the year. He played through the first one, but his current scoring hot streak coincides with recovery from an earlier injury. Zajac has obviously been playing hurt for some time. Van de Velde also had a significant injury, but played through it. Dell is now hurt. Others have been badly dinged up. I've also seen comments that LaPoint is not fully recovered from his broken leg. In November we had a week where we could only field 17 skaters for practice due to injury. Yes, everyone has injuries, but the Sioux had been struck down mightily the first half of the season. More than anything else, I think injury will define the last part of the Sioux season. If they get healthy, look out. If they don't it could be a struggle.

What's with all the negativity lately on here?

Personally, I hope that the Sioux win every game they play and am disappointed if they don't. I'd rather it be that way then expect them to lose and be excited when they win.

Since when did stating facts about what has transpired so far this year become "negativity"?

I root for the guys wearing the UND sweaters as much as the next guy, but this team is sitting SIXTH in the league. They are playing a lower seeded team in the league at home this weekend. UND needs 4 points this weekend...period. The team's injuries are what they are. If, if , if...tired of hearing that! Genoway is out "indefinitely"...right now there is no "if" there. Hextall is out a minimum of 4 weeks...there is no "if" there either. This team needs to do something NOW...with the talented players they currently have. The talent is there to win with who will put on the ice this weekend. I expect both Chay and Hexy to be back at some point, but if they come back and we are still 6th, still a handful game over .500 and it's mid Febuary, is there going to be enough time for all the "if"s Goon, brianvf, ect... talk about?

If there was no negativity, criticism, or anything else of the sorts, it'd get pretty boring if everyone posted this everyday:

"The Sioux are so great! They are bound to win the national championship, but if they don't, I don't care...I still love 'em. I don't see any flaws at all and it will be a shame if we can't win every game. If we don't, there's always next year. :lol:"

BORING. There are major flaws with this team. That doesn't mean they can't win a string of four in March/April to win the whole darn thing. The key is to fix these flaws before it's too late. At worst, have something to build off of this year for next year when we should be a legitimate contender.

At this point, there are only a couple standout teams, and none of them are without flaws either. It will be an interesting tournament, but if UND wants to do something, they need to start lighting the fire. It will be tough to make the tournament, especially if there is a lot of parity in conference tournaments like it's shaping up to be.

I expect both Chay and Hexy to be back at some point, but if they come back and we are still 6th, still a handful game over .500 and it's mid Febuary, is there going to be enough time for all the "if"s Goon, brianvf, ect... talk about?

DOH! :lol:

I don't think of myself as a Debbie Downer or a Peter Positive. I'm somewhere in the middle.

I'm just saying that IF Genoway makes it back sometime this season and the rest of the team can stay healthy, this team has the potential to be title contenders.

IF Genoway doesn't make it back, I expect next season to be a year where the Sioux are considered one of the favorites right from the get-go.

;)