SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

The Sioux come off a win over Niagara and a tie (shootout loss but counts as a tie in the books) vs Notre Dame. The Sioux are in 6th place with 14 points in the WCHA. The Mavericks come off a sweep of RIT and are sitting 7th in the WCHA standings with 11 points. Sweep those Mavs!!

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 10-6-4

WCHA: 6-6-2, 14 points

Home: 5-2-3

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fri 11/20/2009 W 8 @ Alaska-Anchorage 2

Sat 11/21/2009 L 1 @ Alaska-Anchorage 4

Fri 11/27/2009 W 5 Michigan Tech 2

Sat 11/28/2009 W 3 Michigan Tech 2

Fri 12/04/2009 W 3 @ Minnesota 1

Sat 12/05/2009 L 2 Minnesota 6

Fri 12/11/2009 W 5 @ Bemidji State (nc) 1

Sat 12/12/2009 W 3 @ Bemidji State (nc) 2

Fri 12/18/2009 T 1 Nebraska-Omaha (nc) 1 ot

Sat 12/19/2009 L 1 @ Nebraska-Omaha (nc) 2 ot

Fri 01/01/2010 W 6 RIT (nc) 1

Sat 01/02/2010 W 3 RIT (nc) 0

I would say that their schedule hasn't been all that impressive. Their two wins against BSU is all that I see that jumps out at me.

I would say that their schedule hasn't been all that impressive. Their two wins against BSU is all that I see that jumps out at me.

that split against the goofs makes it even less as they lost to n. michigan

Don't take this the wrong way as this is just an observation but this a lot more impressive than Niagra's schedule is, which you have been hyping all week. Why the different take?

I would say that this weekend we better get 3 or 4 points.

The Mavs are a decent team, but if the Sioux want to make noise in the WCHA race, this is a must win series, especially at home.

They have two impressive wins against the Beavers, but BSU hasn't really been the same team since they beat Miami for some reason.

Go Sioux!

Hopefully Kristo comes back and isn't too tired out (cue the Lucia whine). :)

Back at home in front of SIOUX fans, Kristo is back from Jr's (and he didn't have that far of a walk from Saskatoon). I think Frattin will be pumped to play in front of the home crowd again and I see a sweep coming. GO SIOUX!!

I can really see us coming out and flying on fri night, sat nights has been another story with this team and we'll have to see. like others have said before this is one of the more sweepable series out there for us in the second half and if we are to make a run it will need to start here.

Name another series with more sweep potential than this (other than MTU at end of season). If this team is to finish in the top half this is a must-sweep in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more. We have no business having home ice in the playoffs unless we can prove we deserve it in the regular season. A sweep here helps make the case.

Name another series with more sweep potential than this (other than MTU at end of season). If this team is to finish in the top half this is a must-sweep in my opinion.

The Series against the Gophers and SCSU.

Those are both series that could be swept as well, but since both of those series are on the road, I'm doubting it will happen.

We couldn't sweep either of them at home. :)

That said, if this team can get another run going, anything is possible.

Those are both series that could be swept as well, but since both of those series are on the road, I'm doubting it will happen.

We couldn't sweep either of them at home. :)

That said, if this team can get another run going, anything is possible.

ahem, those games were before the second half of the year and I think UND will put a hurt on Minnesota. They're God awful right now.

ahem, those games were before the second half of the year and I think UND will put a hurt on Minnesota. They're God awful right now.

want to place a wager? say a beer at the denver series. we had a perfect opportunity to sweep the gophers here and blew it, I don't see us doing much better than a split down there.

want to place a wager? say a beer at the denver series. we had a perfect opportunity to sweep the gophers here and blew it, I don't see us doing much better than a split down there.

Actually if it hadn't been for Eidsness over playing the puck we probably would have won the second game as well. I will bet you.

So if the Sioux get three points I win?

You think these series have MORE sweep potential than this weekend at home against Mankato (as per my original question)?

I've been to waaayyy too many series at the National Concrete Center and never come home with 4 points. I think if they sweep @ SCSU it would be the first time in about 10 years.

I just might give you the gopher series, however! :)

You think these series have MORE sweep potential than this weekend at home against Mankato (as per my original question)?

I've been to waaayyy too many series at the National Concrete Center and never come home with 4 points. I think if they sweep @ SCSU it would be the first time in about 10 years.

I just might give you the gopher series, however! :)

and we only have one sweep in minneapolis in like 30 years.

im guessing kristo gets back tomorrow. give him thursday off. morning skate friday and he will be ready to roll as will frattin after getting his legs under him last weekend. lets go sioux!

Yeah I think his legs will be fresh and the hot tub might be the place to go and relax.