SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From UND Hockey via Twitter:

Kristo, Zajac expected back in UND lineup this weekend. However, Brett Hextall out 4-6 wks w/ undisclosed injury.

Wow on two fronts.

First that Zajac would be back in only 3 weeks after surgery.

Second...what the heck happened to Hextall? Out 4-6 weeks??

Man, this team just can't get healthy at all.

Wow on two fronts.

If I remember correctly, a reference was made about him tweaking his knee on a shot that he took? I believe he went to the bench after that and did not return.

From UND Hockey via Twitter:

Kristo, Zajac expected back in UND lineup this weekend. However, Brett Hextall out 4-6 wks w/ undisclosed injury.

SH#@. that blows! nice having zajac and kristo back but then we lose a guy who has been turning it on the last month and half. dammit. lets go sioux! sweep them mavs

If I remember correctly, a reference was made about him tweaking his knee on a shot that he took? I believe he went to the bench after that and did not return.

Yeah. I heard that too. He hurt his knee on the one timer he was set up to make and whiffed on (probably why he whiffed) and left the game. He was able to skate off under his own power and was able to return to get the tourney award he got so the injury isn't season ending... which means it wasn't a torn ligament of any kind.

Probably a knee sprain or a pulled ACL/MCL/PCL.

This means that Knight, Cichy, and Bruno have a little more fighting time for the final slot.

As for Zajac, I'm with brian on this one. I can't honestly believe that he'd be back only 3 weeks post op. He's certainly NOT at 100%.

With Kristo and Frattin back.... I might just sit Zajac out vs. Mankato and have him return in the next series.

Wow on two fronts.

IF reports are true that it's his knee and it's 4-6 weeks with no surgery....MCL sprain or parital tear is my call.

My guess is he aggravated it jumping out of his chair after the OT goal last night by USA. Then, Big Daddy Ron and Brett dropped the gloves and settled the border battle once and for all right in their living room. I'm pretty sure that's why he's out now but was able to return in the Shillelagh.

Wouldn't a partial tear require more downtime?

I don't know, so that's why I'm asking.

Potentially...that's why they probably gave the "4-6" weeks scenerio.

Generally speaking a Grade 1 MCL tear is 1-2 weeks recovery. Grade 2 tear...3-4 weeks. Grade 3 tear...6 weeks.

This is, again, if the MCL is his only issue in the knee.

Brad mentioned on his twitter that Kristo was still in Saskatoon because his flight to Minneapolis got cancelled.

So he is flying to Winnipeg instead and then Hakstol is going to drive there and bring him back to GF. :lol:

heck he could have driven back by now.

I thinks it's safe to say if we don't get 4 points this weekend, the prospects of even getting home ice for the WCHA playoffs will take a big hit.

Disagree. I think they might stumble this weekend (because MSUM is old and has done well against good teams this year), and even so I think they'll get home ice. But we'll see.

Disagree. I think they might stumble this weekend (because MSUM is old and has done well against good teams this year), and even so I think they'll get home ice. But we'll see.

Ok then, let's say we see a split this weekend. Where on the schedule do you see another potenital 3-4 point league weekend...minus the last weekend vs. MI. Tech?

At Minny...doubtful.

DU at home...doubtful.

At SCSU...doubtful.

UMD at home...maybe.

At CC...doubtful.

But you're right...we'll have to see.

Ok then, let's say we see a split this weekend. Where on the schedule do you see another potenital 3-4 point league weekend...minus the last weekend vs. MI. Tech?

At Minny...doubtful.

DU at home...doubtful.

At SCSU...doubtful.

UMD at home...maybe.

At CC...doubtful.

But you're right...we'll have to see.

You don't have any faith in the boys? Just wondering. Look at the calender, after the first of the year, UND is something like .750% over the past 5 years after the first of the year. I think we can take three points from UMN, DU, SCSU UMD and C.C. and sweep MTU that would set the Sioux up pretty well.

You don't have any faith in the boys? Just wondering. Look at the calender, after the first of the year, UND is something like .750% over the past 5 years after the first of the year. I think we can take three points from UMN, DU, SCSU UMD and C.C. and sweep MTU that would set the Sioux up pretty well.

the past five years havenothing to do with this years team and I wish people would just stop thinking a second half run is a given.