SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DOH! :lol:

I don't think of myself as a Debbie Downer or a Peter Positive. I'm somewhere in the middle.

I'm just saying that IF Genoway makes it back sometime this season and the rest of the team can stay healthy, this team has the potential to be title contenders.

IF Genoway doesn't make it back, I expect next season to be a year where the Sioux are considered one of the favorites right from the get-go.

;)

And they started this season in what position? (Hint, USA Today ranked them #8)

That would be one of the *favorites*, I should think.

I probably would have caught it but I was at the Central and Red River game.

How'd that game turn out?

I don't think those boots are used for knee injuries, are they? I think it is either his ankle or his foot.

That'd be my guess as well.

And they started this season in what position? (Hint, USA Today ranked them #8)

That would be one of the *favorites*, I should think.

And they started the season playing like one of the favorites too.

Until someone named Aaron Marvin decided to change that.

Nora Neutral then? :lol:

Just call me Switzerland.

From the INCH chat.

Billy (Atlanta)

1) Under Dave Hakstol, the sioux have really had strong second halfs of the season, but with upcoming trips to Minn, Cornell, St Cloud and CC (with DU coming to the Ralph) do you forsee that again this year and/or does it hinge of the return of Chay?2) Was really impressed with Kreider and D Amigo at the WJs. Does there success continue with BU/RPI and help those respective schools to make a push for the tourny this year?Thanks guys

Joe Gladziszewski (2:57 PM)

Getting Chay Genoway back would definitely help, especially against the tough schedule that you mentioned. I like North Dakota's overall depth and talent. I think their season depends on goaltending. When Eidsness has been even just average, they've been in good shape to win. Sometimes he's been really shaky, and that's not good enough for a team with WCHA and NCAA title hopes. On Kreider (he's BC, not BU) they'll be in the tourney. D'Amigo made a name for himself for sure. Don't miss RPI and Princeton on ESPN U this Sunday for another look at Jerry D'Amigo and a talented, but underachieving Princeton club.

This week's BMT visits the injured household of Hextall & Genoway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iJrzlbZtoU...player_embedded

Nice dinosaur pajamas for Brett. It's Colby's house and Brett & Chay live there as well.

For two injured guys, they seem to get around just fine. ;)

Brett's wearing his cast on the right leg at the end.

Nice toppers!

I just watched that and it would appear that Chay seems to be improving if he is watching TV and reading books.

Didn't see any school books in the video. :lol:

I just watched that and it would appear that Chay seems to be improving if he is watching TV and reading books.

Didn't see any school books in the video. :lol:

I listened to the coach's show last night and it appears chay is still having some difficulties, hak mentioned that when he did some light skating with the team it didn't go real well.

Since when did stating facts about what has transpired so far this year become "negativity"?

I root for the guys wearing the UND sweaters as much as the next guy, but this team is sitting SIXTH in the league. They are playing a lower seeded team in the league at home this weekend. UND needs 4 points this weekend...period. The team's injuries are what they are. If, if , if...tired of hearing that! Genoway is out "indefinitely"...right now there is no "if" there. Hextall is out a minimum of 4 weeks...there is no "if" there either. This team needs to do something NOW...with the talented players they currently have. The talent is there to win with who will put on the ice this weekend. I expect both Chay and Hexy to be back at some point, but if they come back and we are still 6th, still a handful game over .500 and it's mid Febuary, is there going to be enough time for all the "if"s Goon, brianvf, ect... talk about?

Wasn't singling you out at all. I think the frustration stemming from the (lack of) success of the football and the hoops teams is seeping into the hockey fanbase, since so many people are fans of all the teams. I was also at UND when the hockey team was brutal in the early 90's and remember some of the great individual players those teams had.

I know no one wants to compare to the past few years with Hakstol, as this year is totally different, but in past years UND's teams showed NOTHING in the first half. It can be argued that prior to injuries this was shaping into a pretty decent team. In past years there have also been injuries/issues and others have stepped up. Since Genoway was injured, Fienhage has stepped in admirely, but he's not anywhere near the same player as Chay obviously. The coaching staff recruits players that know their roles and have had a great history of developing the TEAM as the season progressed. I don't think there has been any indication that this can't happen again. I sure hope it does and I'm choosing to remain optimistic that it will.

Alot of Sioux chatter so far about injuries...

How about one of our stud players stepping out and being a Force all weekend.

I predict, J Gregoire has a moster weekend! Possible a Hatty...

With a few guys banged up, we need a fella to step up and out shine vs a much inferior team...

I am gonna step out on a line and Say the Sioux Sweep, this weekend...

And make a big step toward a huge second half! Eids with the Shut-out tonight and UND Scores 8-0 final tonight

Tomorrow much more clutching, grabbing and cheap shot by the purple cows, and we win 5-1.

Mark it, JG with a Hatty tonight. My Artic Cat Beanie will be the first to hit the ice!!!

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alot of Sioux chatter so far about injuries...

How about one of our stud players stepping out and being a Force all weekend.

I predict, J Gregoire has a moster weekend! Possible a Hatty...

With a few guys banged up, we need a fella to step up and out shine vs a much inferior team...

I am gonna step out on a line and Say the Sioux Sweep, this weekend...

And make a big step toward a huge second half! Eids with the Shut-out tonight and UND Scores 8-0 final tonight

Tomorrow much more clutching, grabbing and cheap shot by the purple cows, and we win 5-1.

Mark it, JG with a Hatty tonight. My Artic Cat Beanie will be the first to hit the ice!!!

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What time is it? It's Frattin time.

If the Sioux score 13 goals this weekend, I'll eat my underwear in celebration. :lol:

I thought Frattin was definitely noticeable last weekend, at least via TH and the radio. Hard to believe it was his first weekend back. Wonder if he had some hidden practices in there with the team. :lol:

Frattin is getting up to speed and it is just a matter of time before the goals start coming. I had forgotten how fast Frattin was and how much of a high pressure game he plays. I think UND missed his speed.

Corbin Knight looked really good tonight and I can see why the scouts and the NHL thought his stock rose. I really like this kid as well. I hope they keep giving him a lot of ice time.