SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DENVER

AZSIOUX

Coming off a split at home vs SCSU the Sioux travel to Denver for a battle. Denver had a week coming into this series. 4 huge points at stake. Hope the Sioux can figure out a way to play without Genoway as he makes so many things on the ice look effortless. I believe their top goalie Cheverie will still be out so that's a big loss for them if so. Maybe gwoz can make it a hattrick for dasher dancing vs ths Sioux in his career and make himself look like a goof ball again...... GO SIOUX

und.gif

Overall Record: 7-2-1 (.750)

WCHA: 5-2-1, 11 points

Home: 4-1-1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any word on this being televised or an internet feed

I'll probably get it on the Denver Foxsports channel, but don't envy me because it will be brutally biased. I'll probably get in trouble for swearing at the announcers from my better half (again).

this has split written all over it whether Chay plays or not. we need to come out with the same effort we had last nght both on fri and sat. it also won't matter who the Pios have in goal either if we continue to shoot the puck right into the middle of the goalies chest.

agreed.

Sioux on Friday and DU on Saturday.

Eidsness plays both nights. Nothing against Dell. Face it... If we can't score more than 2 goals (disallowed notwithstanding), we're not going to win many games regardless of who is in net.

Fridays game will be televised on FSN Rocky Mountain but the Saturday game will not be.

There will be a Saturday webcast of the game(but no webcast for Fridays game) and since Denver uses JumpTV those who are subscribers to SIOUXtra will get the webcast at no additional charge.

fox college sports atlantic as well

agreed.

Sioux on Friday and DU on Saturday.

Eidsness plays both nights. Nothing against Dell. Face it... If we can't score more than 2 goals (disallowed notwithstanding), we're not going to win many games regardless of who is in net.

This series scares me...I'd take a split and sprint back to GF with 2 points!!!

i think the team pulls together this weekend without their captain and gets a tough 3 points. whats the biggest strength of this sioux team? balance and depth... so even though losing your all american captain is a huge loss, this team needs to keep playing championship hockey. not only that, du might be without two of its best players also, so we can't be using that as an excuse...

sioux 3, du 3 friday night

sioux 5, du 2 saturday... and a possible troll dasher dance as a bonus ;)

on an interesting side note, cc now is alone in first in the wcha point standings... for the first time since the picture atop the men's column on wcha.com was relevant :D

This weekend will tell us a lot about our team this year. Coming off a tough series with SCSU to an even tougher series with DU. DU has rested for a week, though I'm not always convinced that's as beneificial when it happens earlier in the year, though DU had some guys who were pretty banged up, so they may have needed it. Will Genoway play? That will probably be the question all week, unless Hak answers it Wednesday night one way or the other. If he does play, is he at 100%? If he doesn't play, can this team play the kind of hockey they need to, in order to secure a victory? I'd say we need a split this weekend. A sweep isn't a must, nor do I expect it, going into their barn. Though I would welcome it. :D Let's get the win on Friday night, so I don't have to worry so much about Saturday's game! ;)

i think the team pulls together this weekend without their captain and gets a tough 3 points. whats the biggest strength of this sioux team? balance and depth... so even though losing your all american captain is a huge loss, this team needs to keep playing championship hockey. not only that, du might be without two of its best players also, so we can't be using that as an excuse...

sioux 3, du 3 friday night

sioux 5, du 2 saturday... and a possible troll dasher dance as a bonus :D

on an interesting side note, cc now is alone in first in the wcha point standings... for the first time since the picture atop the men's column on wcha.com was relevant ;)

He doesn't dance on the dasher anymore! He just comes on the ice!

This will be the closest we've come to playing a legitimately ranked team. Our last 3 trips to Denver ended in splits. Last time we swept DU in Denver was in 2003 and we destroyed them. Unfortunately they knocked us out of the NCAAs that year.

Good test to see where we are as a team. I suspect each team will be playing at a higher level then when both teams lost to unranked teams.

Fridays game will be televised on FSN Rocky Mountain but the Saturday game will not be.

There will be a Saturday webcast of the game(but no webcast for Fridays game) and since Denver uses JumpTV those who are subscribers to SIOUXtra will get the webcast at no additional charge.

Any idea if the Friday game will be available for satellite viewers?

Cheverie is listed as "doubtful" for the UND/DU series this weekend according to this release:

http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewArticle....TCLID=204834991

Goaltender Marc Cheverie (4-0, 1.27 GAA, .959 Sv%), who missed the Anchorage series with a left leg injury, is doubtful for this weekend's series against North Dakota.

No mention of the status of Wiercioch.