SiouxSports.com Forum

Code of Conduct?

bcblues

tonights game was the first night i could watch at home. During the National Anthem i could not hear a " Home of the Sioux" not sure if my volume was too low or if that was something that is no more....what is the story with that. I know i have friends who are not a fan of that but i enjoy it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the non goal, the students started chanting bull S***. You should have seen the security guards run up the stairs. Really?

And btw, times have changed. For better or worse, the "f word" is used to describe anything from cool to bad things for todays students. So them chanting it isn't anything different than a normal conversation. I was reading UMD's message board and it seems like they have the same issue with the word rape. It's just a part of normal lingo for todays students.

After the non goal, the students started chanting bull S***. You should have seen the security guards run up the stairs. Really?

And btw, times have changed. For better or worse, the "f word" is used to describe anything from cool to bad things for todays students. So them chanting it isn't anything different than a normal conversation. I was reading UMD's message board and it seems like they have the same issue with the word rape. It's just a part of normal lingo for todays students.

That is probably true for them, but students need to learn that there are words that aren't used by most of society in a public setting. The times may have changed for college students, but they haven't changed for the majority of the general public.

George Carlin once did a comedy bit saying that out of about 400,000 words in the English language, there were only 7 that you couldn't say on television. That number is now down to about 4 or 5. Unfortunately, those are some of the only words the students want to use.

Just as the ralph was getting an atmosphere but tonight the team did not do alot to get excited about. Why would you tell another person to sit down, they paid the same as you did? This code of conduct is a joke .

Atmosphere? The ef bomb is atmosphere?

I pay for my SEAT just as you do. AND, I have the right to watch the game from that seat. I and everyone around me stands when the play on the ice is exciting but standing during an entire game is NOT a right you have when you pay for your seat. Paying for your SEAT does not give you the right to stand and block my view for no apparent reason other than you feel like standing during the game. If the play indeed was a nail biting one, than the person who told you to sit down was wrong.

So, you blame the atmosphere at the Ralph on the Code of Conduct? Bull Shat!! I blame it on fans who lack the imagination, initiative and desire to come up with cheers other than a continuous 'ef the whoevers' chant. I challenge you and evryone vetching about the 'lack of atmosphere' to initiate cheers at the Ralph that do not include the ef word or other profanities. Make them up and print flyers to give to everyone at the game. Tell ya what, I'll even pay for the flyers.

Members of the LWW (Librarians Without Work) will be applying in record numbers for rink security positions. They'll have the upper hand in getting those jobs too, since they can pick up a loud voice from a block away and understand what Order is. It will be a boon to guys like Sheppard too, because they will probably be asked to referee fan infractions from their booth in the sky.

It might ultimately be good for the atmosphere too, since fans will be booing the refs for penalizing fans for booing the refs for penalizing a Sioux player. Domino-effect booing that will cause the librarian security guards to blow a circuit and abandon their positions for a warm cup of tea at home with their cats and small dogs.

Then we can stand, stomp, curse, and defile like good hockey fans were meant to.

I dont know where to post this, so i'll throw it in here.

I was given seats by a colleague tonight, 103 P. Nice seats on the corner.

the first period, mario goes on a breakaway, i realize it; stand up to anticipate the goal.

From behind me i hear " SIT DOWN, these are good seats, watch the game."

If they were my seats, i woulda told the guy to go f.... himself.

I dont want a problem for my buddy, since they are his seats.

That is the problem with the crowd.

I have to be told to sit down during an exciting play???

i want to get season tickets, are there any sections i can enjoy the game and stand and cheer?

good lord. thanks for ruining the experience you ass hat.

I think you have to consider the impact. During the break-a-way rush if you stand up the guy behind you may not have time to stand up to see the play. If he does, the guy behind him may not have time. As I get a bit older (and heavier) I don't jump up right away.

So do you really want to make it so someone else misses a great play?

I understand the excitement and during certain key plays it's ok to stand up (like the last minutes when we had our goalie pulled.) But it won't hurt you to sit until the play is completed but it will hurt someone else if you stand.

I think you have to consider the impact. During the break-a-way rush if you stand up the guy behind you may not have time to stand up to see the play. If he does, the guy behind him may not have time. As I get a bit older (and heavier) I don't jump up right away.

I understand the excitement and during certain key plays it's ok to stand up (like the last minutes when we had our goalie pulled.) But it won't hurt you to sit until the play is completed but it will hurt someone else if you stand.

There is a general lack of consideration for others in the world today.

the first period, mario goes on a breakaway, i realize it; stand up to anticipate the goal.

From behind me i hear " SIT DOWN, these are good seats, watch the game."

If they were my seats, i woulda told the guy to go f.... himself.

I dont want a problem for my buddy, since they are his seats.

When there is a break away I stand up I don't know it's part of the Sioux fan code. I agree though you don't want to upset the people

that you got the seats from.

When there is a break away I stand up I don't know it's part of the Sioux fan code. I agree though you don't want to upset the people

that you got the seats from.

I understand that it's an exciting play, but you are blocking a fan behind you so that they don't see the play. They just don't have time to react to your standing up (or are down the chain.)

I think you should wait to stand up after the play.

The lady behind me is very olderly and would have no chance at all to stand up in time.

Members of the LWW (Librarians Without Work) will be applying in record numbers for rink security positions. They'll have the upper hand in getting those jobs too, since they can pick up a loud voice from a block away and understand what Order is. It will be a boon to guys like Sheppard too, because they will probably be asked to referee fan infractions from their booth in the sky.

It might ultimately be good for the atmosphere too, since fans will be booing the refs for penalizing fans for booing the refs for penalizing a Sioux player. Domino-effect booing that will cause the librarian security guards to blow a circuit and abandon their positions for a warm cup of tea at home with their cats and small dogs.

Then we can stand, stomp, curse, and defile like good hockey fans were meant to.

I'm a librarian by trade and I cannot endorse this stereotypical application of my trade. :D

You realize this is all part of Greg Shepherds master plan right?

By hiring the LWW, the WCHA will claim to have "attempted to provide a warmer, fuzzier atmosphere at WCHA games by employing a group of individuals who demand quiet, considerate behavior".

Then when that goes sour after about...oh...pregame warmups of the first game, Shepherd will fly into action and convince the WCHA that his office needs to provide security at all WCHA rinks. He will instill his own "goon squads" at all WCHA games, who will prowl the aisles and throw any home-ice fan out of the arena on their head for any noise louder than breaking wind. Visiting fans will be allowed to cheer at whatever decibel level and use any form of vulgarity they want.

This will totally neutralize any home-ice advantage and, with the stategic placing of referrees the likes of Don Adam, will provide the WCHA with total control of game flow and ultimately provide the league with their ultimate goal...complete parity and every team ending the year with a .500 record.

Oh, joy!

You realize this is all part of Greg Shepherds master plan right?

By hiring the LWW, the WCHA will claim to have "attempted to provide a warmer, fuzzier atmosphere at WCHA games by employing a group of individuals who demand quiet, considerate behavior".

Then when that goes sour after about...oh...pregame warmups of the first game, Shepherd will fly into action and convince the WCHA that his office needs to provide security at all WCHA rinks. He will instill his own "goon squads" at all WCHA games, who will prowl the aisles and throw any home-ice fan out of the arena on their head for any noise louder than breaking wind. Visiting fans will be allowed to cheer at whatever decibel level and use any form of vulgarity they want.

This will totally neutralize any home-ice advantage and, with the stategic placing of referrees the likes of Don Adam, will provide the WCHA with total control of game flow and ultimately provide the league with their ultimate goal...complete parity and every team ending the year with a .500 record.

Oh, joy!

I find that all reasoned and logical except that one of Sheppards goals is to have the Gophers finish undefeated every year in league play as well.

:D

First of all I agree that one should be considerate to your seat neighbors. As a fan who gets quite into the games, sometimes standing up on exciting plays is not something I make a decision to do, it just happens. However, the game is still shown live on the GIANT videoboard is it not? Which is sometimes easier to watch for plays along the boards depending on you seat location. While I don't think that you should have to resort to looking up at the screen for the whole game, it is there to provide an additional viewpoint.

First of all I agree that one should be considerate to your seat neighbors. As a fan who gets quite into the games, sometimes standing up on exciting plays is not something I make a decision to do, it just happens. However, the game is still shown live on the GIANT videoboard is it not? Which is sometimes easier to watch for plays along the boards depending on you seat location. While I don't think that you should have to resort to looking up at the screen for the whole game, it is there to provide an additional viewpoint.

As it does for all of us. No one in my section is going to ream you a new one for that. It's the inconsiderate, "I paid for this seat and can stand all I want", A-holes who are going to get a new one. ;)

Folks, you're making way too much out of this.

Here are the simple steps to stay in compliance:

- Search for George Carlin's "7 Words You Can't Say on TV."

- Make sure if one of them escapes your lips during a game that the only people that can hear it are within arm's reach.

- If you do get a dirty look from a person that hears it, say "Oops. Sorry" and try to not have it slip next time.

Done.

Pretty simple really.

And in an act of full disclosure:

One of the "7" escaped my lips more than once with Kristo on the point during powerplays.

But only those within arm's reach heard it. ;)

If your too old to stand up and cheer for your team and you don't want other people to stand up cheer, then you either need to cock your head up to the big screen or stay home and watch it on TV.

Folks, you're making way too much out of this.

Here are the simple steps to stay in compliance:

- Search for George Carlin's "7 Words You Can't Say on TV."

- Make sure if one of them escapes your lips during a game that the only people that can hear it are within arm's reach.

- If you do get a dirty look from a person that hears it, say "Oops. Sorry" and try to not have it slip next time.

Done.

Pretty simple really.

And in an act of full disclosure:

One of the "7" escaped my lips more than once with Kristo on the point during powerplays.

But only those within arm's reach heard it. ;)

I think someone else mentioned George Carlin's 7 Dirty Words yesterday. Youtube has a couple of great versions. And not all of them are even considered profane any longer. At least a couple are used on TV during prime time.

If your too old to stand up and cheer for your team and you don't want other people to stand up cheer, then you either need to cock your head up to the big screen or stay home and watch it on TV.

Funny, I bet that the older people paid at least as much as you did for that same seat. So they deserve a little consideration. You aren't the only one there to enjoy the game, deal with it.

"I think you have to consider the impact. During the break-a-way rush if you stand up the guy behind you may not have time to stand up to see the play. If he does, the guy behind him may not have time. As I get a bit older (and heavier) I don't jump up right away.

I understand the excitement and during certain key plays it's ok to stand up (like the last minutes when we had our goalie pulled.) But it won't hurt you to sit until the play is completed but it will hurt someone else if you stand."

I agree with this 100% & if you sit in front of me - You will force me to break the conduct rules ;)

If everyone sits until the play is done EVERYONE CAN SEE IT - you can learn to do it

That's funny, I've noticed an abundance of oversensitive and thin skinned people in the world today. I think the two matters may be related. ;)

There are definitely a lot of oversensitive and thin-skinned people. But common courtesy, civility and consideration are all way down, and rude behavior is way up. The developments may or may not be related.