SiouxSports.com Forum

Code of Conduct?

bcblues

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is the oversensitive and thin skinned people are less courtious and rude.

A lot of them may be. But a lot of them are also very shy. They may hold those feelings in until they explode. I would guess that a lot of oversensitive and thin-skinned people get walked on and pushed around by bullies and blowhards who I know are less courteous and rude.

Funny, I bet that the older people paid at least as much as you did for that same seat. So they deserve a little consideration. You aren't the only one there to enjoy the game, deal with it.

Not only is there lack of consideration among some but they have an overly exaggerated sense of entitlement as well.

When you have spent as much money supporting the Fighting Sioux athletic program as some of those fans who still attend the games and are 'too old' to stand, come back with your bull shat. Until then, try having a bit of respect for your fellow fan.

Not only is there lack of consideration among some but sense of entitlement as well.

When you have spent as much money supporting the Fighting Sioux athletic program as some of those fans who still attend the games and are 'too old' to stand, come back with your bull shat. Until then, try having a bit of respect for your fellow fan.

Respect is a good word, especially for the older fans. Many of them have been supporting UND for many years, and spent many dollars. They definitely deserve some respect.

maybe im slow, but im having trouble judging the response to my question.

Was i out of line to stand up during a breakaway? thats it, no being a rude a hole doing it all game...

it seems like it is about 50-50 out there.

If you were to stand in front of me I wouldn't be upset with you getting excited and standing up.

I'd just rather you didn't stand because someone back in the chain is going to miss the play. I don't think you want that either.

Personally I'm tall enough that I can usually move around and still see the play without standing up.

Was i out of line to stand up during a breakaway? thats it, no being a rude a hole doing it all game...

I think it depends on who you ask. Standing up during a breakaway is probably a natural response for an ardent fan. But it also interferes with the ability of those behind you to see the play, especially those that may have difficulty getting up quickly. And if you start with the people in front standing, by the time the chain reaction gets to the back of the section there will probably be a group of people that miss the play. So the answer is probably that it depends on whether the people in front of you stand up, and whether you want to be considerate of the people in back of you or not.

Stand up on a breakaway, then sit down--that's not rude. In church, maybe, but not at the rink.

Now, to stand up, howl at the moon and urinate over as many rows below you as your stream can reach is just outside the range of acceptable hockey behavior.

Stand up on a breakaway, then sit down--that's not rude. In church, maybe, but not at the rink.

Now, to stand up, howl at the moon and urinate over as many rows below you as your stream can reach is just outside the range of acceptable hockey behavior.

hahaha.

thats pretty much how i see it as well. im not trying to be inconsiderate to those behind me, but it is a natural reaction and im at the game for a good time and be involved in the game, not to sit and observe. i could do that at home.

hahaha.

thats pretty much how i see it as well. im not trying to be inconsiderate to those behind me, but it is a natural reaction and im at the game for a good time and be involved in the game, not to sit and observe. i could do that at home.

That's why I don't personally get upset when someone stands up. They aren't doing it to be rude. They're just excited at the play.

Dawdling down the steps so that you're expecting me to stand up during play is another thing. I'll sit down on the steps if I have to until the play is stopped.

So it is OK?? What about the old person too old to stand up that has spent so much money supporting the program as you state previously? How about you make up your mind?

Rmember the context. Big Sioux asked if it is rude to stand for a breakaway. There are maybe 3 of those a game, hardly enough to ruin the value of someone's season ticket purchase. We're not talking about bonehead fans at many sports who just stand continually without giving thought to those behind them. I'm a real stickler about being considerate of others, but when there are moments like a breakaway or the closing seconds of a tight game when the other team has pulled its goalie, I will stand unless I know it is a problem for those directly behind me.

Rmember the context. Big Sioux asked if it is rude to stand for a breakaway. There are maybe 3 of those a game, hardly enough to ruin the value of someone's season ticket purchase. We're not talking about bonehead fans at many sports who just stand continually without giving thought to those behind them. I'm a real stickler about being considerate of others, but when there are moments like a breakaway or the closing seconds of a tight game when the other team has pulled its goalie, I will stand unless I know it is a problem for those directly behind me.

That's true, but the guy behind you might miss the play all three of those times.

I know, I think it is OK to stand up on a breakaway. I do not condone standing in general during the game, but at times that is part of the atmosphere at being "AT THE GAME".

Exactly.

Frankly, it makes me a little proud, though not surprised, that a fair number of Sioux fans might think it rude to stand during a breakaway. Illustrates that sense of civility and respect midwesterners are know for.

But then we hockey fans are animals, so I guess that little observation goes nowhere . . .

So it is OK?? What about the old person too old to stand up that has spent so much money supporting the program as you state previously? How about you make up your mind?

I wouldn't classify it as rude, but I would say it is somewhat inconsiderate of the people behind you. As was stated by others, it doesn't happen a lot. It doesn't make the incident less inconsiderate or rude, but a few minor incidents don't measure up to the same effect as a lot of minor incidents or a major incident like pouring a beer on someone.

I don't know if being rude is always black and white (although it can be depending on the incident). I think inconsiderate and rude are both shades of gray, with inconsiderate being a lighter shade and rude being a darker shade. Standing on a rare breakaway is a lighter shade of gray.

I wouldn't classify it as rude, but I would say it is somewhat inconsiderate of the people behind you. As was stated by others, it doesn't happen a lot. It doesn't make the incident less inconsiderate or rude, but a few minor incidents don't measure up to the same effect as a lot of minor incidents or a major incident like pouring a beer on someone.

I don't know if being rude is always black and white (although it can be depending on the incident). I think inconsiderate and rude are both shades of gray, with inconsiderate being a lighter shade and rude being a darker shade. Standing on a rare breakaway is a lighter shade of gray.

Never really thought of hockey as being nuanced.

Different day, same old crap.

For the students on this forum just remember that as long as you're a student at UND their will always be two sets of rules regarding behavior in Grand Forks. There is one set of rules for students and those of student age and another for everybody else. Just accept it and try to remember when you get older that just because you're no longer of student age it doesn't entitle you to treat those younger than you like crap just because you're older.

& then hopefully you grow up & not be so self centered & inconsiderate of others - If everyone stays seated all can see - now I know it happens out of excitement - but everytime something is about to happen is not OK & after being asked once you should try & control yourself or stay in school forever & go sit in the student section ;)

Different day, same old crap.

For the students on this forum just remember that as long as you're a student at UND their will always be two sets of rules regarding behavior in Grand Forks. There is one set of rules for students and those of student age and another for everybody else. Just accept it and try to remember when you get older that just because you're no longer of student age it doesn't entitle you to treat those younger than you like crap just because you're older.

It's kind of funny that most students and young people feel they are harassed and being put down. Every rule is aimed directly at them. Older people hate them and try to take advantage of them. That this town (whichever town they live in around the country) is the worst place they could possibly live and that the same thing doesn't happen in other places. And then as they get older they start to support many of the same rules and regulations they hated when they were students. And learn that not everyone was against them the whole time.

It's kind of like how much smarter parents get as kids grow up and become adults. When you are a teenager you can't believe how stupid and lame your parents are. By the time you are in your mid 20s or 30s you can't believe how much your parents have learned.