SiouxSports.com Forum

Code of Conduct?

bcblues

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys still copy all of our cheers?

Yeah, Wisconsin hockey fans invented standing during the exciting parts of hockey games ??? We also copied you on cheering after goals and throwing hats after a player gets three goals.

I have been corrected from my post above, though... when we stood at the beginning of games when I was in school in the 90s, we stood until the first shot on goal, not the first whistle. So, maybe this is a new tradition after all ???

Yeah, Wisconsin hockey fans invented standing during the exciting parts of hockey games ??? We also copied you on cheering after goals.

I have been corrected from my post above, though... when we stood at the beginning of games when I was in school in the 90s, we stood until the first shot on goal, not the first whistle. So, maybe this is a new tradition after all ???

hahahahaha.............

Yeah, Wisconsin hockey fans invented standing during the exciting parts of hockey games ??? We also copied you on cheering after goals and throwing hats after a player gets three goals.

while I was at UND, it was until the first whistle...so at least the last 6 years, the students have been doing that.

NOTE.JPG

Stand Up & Cheer - First Period, First Whistle!!

We want to thank all of our season ticket holders for participating in our e-mail feedback campaign surrounding crowd behavior and atmosphere. You provided important feedback that we will use to keep the atmosphere at Fighting Sioux men's hockey games the best in the country.

We have implemented changes that you may already be aware of, but wanted to communicate to you a new tradition for Fighting Sioux Hockey that we will begin this weekend against Wisconsin. We are asking all fans to "Stand Up & Cheer" at the beginning of the first period until the first whistle. Make as much noise as you can in order to raise the roof at the drop of the puck!

This was a suggestion we were given during one of our open forums with current UND students and we know it will add to an event that's already very special.

So, "Stand Up & Cheer" until the first whistle of the first period. Thanks for joining us in this initiative.

GO SIOUX!

University of North Dakota Department of Athletics

I sure as heck am not standing because some twits were sitting in a conference room trying to drum up atmosphere.