SiouxSports.com Forum

Frattin dismissed for DUI

jimdahl

I think Frattin's return could really jump start VandeVelde. I think the one thing missing for Vande has been a big winger that can forecheck and get the puck so it's not always him doing it. I would like to see Frattin join Gregoire and Vande on that top line unless they decide to go with Malone-Vande-Frattin at some point like the end of last season.

I wouldn't break up trupp and malone right now as they are our best line. I can see in a few weeks vv, frattin, gregoire and then trupp, malone and kristo as out top two lines. and zajac, mario and hextall as our third line.

I like the look of those 3 lines! Have to keep Trupp and Malone together. Kristo with those 2...wow!

No offense to anyone playing for UND so far this year, but I just thought (prior to his issues) that Frattin would be one of, if not, the best returning players coming into this season.

One thing about Frattin is that he can flat out skate, which might make him a nice off winger with Kristo.

Two shooters. I'd have them on different lines. I like moving Rowney back with Zajac and Mario though, and in general I agree that however they slice it the forwards should be four lines deep.

Ok, I just watched WDAZ and there is a lot of talking around the issue, but it appears that Matt Frattin took some extra steps to get where he is at this time, I would say that he demonstrated a commitment to actually be part of the Fighting Sioux.

Two shooters. I'd have them on different lines. I like moving Rowney back with Zajac and Mario though, and in general I agree that however they slice it the forwards should be four lines deep.

You have a point with the two shooters, but I like speed with speed, and it seems that our shortage is playmakers where I really only see Trupp being effective of late. Gregoire should be a playmaker, so I want to get him with people who can play with him. Maybe this:

Malone with Trupp and Kristo (power forward with playmaker with shooter)

VV with Gregoire and Frattin (power forward with playmaker with shooter)

Zajac, Lammy and Rowney

Toews with Hextall and Cichy

I don't like splitting up the goal scorers. Should Hak have split up Duncan, Oshie, and Toews? No. They just made a purely dominant line, then when other lines chipped in a couple, it made them that much more dangerous. If you split up all your scorers, you make it easier for the defense to shut down that one individual on each line versus trying to stop three great players on one line.