SiouxSports.com Forum

Finley-Frattin...Arrested

wyomingsiouxfan

Bizzare. Very weird and random behavior. I am surprised that the article doesn't suggest that there was alcohol and/or drugs involved. I also think it is funny that Finley is still hanging out in GF. If I were him I would be finding some skating/skills lessons so I had a shot at making the Caps farm team.

Yeah well I cannot imagine you could get so drunk to throw your stuff in the street. This really is an embarrassment to the whole University. These guys are athletes who are getting to go to school on the UND/taxpayer dollar. This kind of conduct is ridiculous.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure at 3AM there was a lot of traffic that had to be diverted. Im sure people were late for work, doctor and dentists appointments, and bringing their kids to daycare. Backed up for miles probably. :lol:

This was stupid on there part but really isnt that big of a deal.

Obviously the traffic being diverted is no big deal at all....that is not the point. So if your neighbor was throwing furniture....glass etc out in the road you would think that was normal? The point is this is behavior that is beyond comprehension. When was the last time GF police were called because people were throwing furniture etc out on the street? I am guessing it has been many years

I agree with most of your post. However, I would guess that Hakstol talked to both guys, got the story straight from them, and then punished Frattin from that information. I am sure that he is trying to make a point with the team that they need to watch their behavior after the incidents of the past few years. This incident was totally unnecessary.

I think it is the university that mandated the punishment for Frattin and not Hakstol...I think the University stepped in before Hak had any chace to act.

I think it is the university that mandated the punishment for Frattin and not Hakstol...I think the University stepped in before Hak had any chace to act.

What I gathered was that the university ordered the mandatory counseling for Fratts, and the rest was Hakstol. That's what I read into it, but I'm not for certain.

Couldn't be more proud of Coach Hak the University than I am right now. The punishment was not only quick but also heavy. Taking something away from the student/athletes like scholarship money is a great way to hold them accountable to their actions. What else does the school have over them? Mr. Frattin, and the rest of the athletes at UND now know that any negative actions in public will not go unpunished. I don't think its to much to ask of those students who represent UND to avoid at all costs doing something that will embarass this institution.

Well done Hak and President Kelley!!

Couldn't be more proud of Coach Hak the University than I am right now. The punishment was not only quick but also heavy. Taking something away from the student/athletes like scholarship money is a great way to hold them accountable to their actions. What else does the school have over them? Mr. Frattin, and the rest of the athletes at UND now know that any negative actions in public will not go unpunished. I don't think its to much to ask of those students who represent UND to avoid at all costs doing something that will embarass this institution.

Well done Hak and President Kelley!!

I tend to agree. Hak's near-immediate action before the criminal process plays out sends a strong message to the team, as well as the rest of the world. Hopefully, Matt is mature enough to learn from this experience and become a better player and person.

Obviously the traffic being diverted is no big deal at all....that is not the point. So if your neighbor was throwing furniture....glass etc out in the road you would think that was normal? The point is this is behavior that is beyond comprehension. When was the last time GF police were called because people were throwing furniture etc out on the street? I am guessing it has been many years

My traffic comments were a joke. The fact that traffic was diverted didnt need to be in any article. If my neighbor was throwing furniture and glass onto the road... i would probably sit there and laugh out the window. If someone wants to destroy their own stuff, so be it. Im sure Finley can afford to replace them. Its only an issue if it gets to the point where other peoples property gets damaged, if it makes a mess that they do not clean up, or if it disturbs the peace. Im guessing the cops were called because of the noise. Im not saying what they did was smart, but its pretty humorous and really isnt as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. You would probably be surprised at what the GF police get called for in this town.

My traffic comments were a joke. The fact that traffic was diverted didnt need to be in any article. If my neighbor was throwing furniture and glass onto the road... i would probably sit there and laugh out the window. If someone wants to destroy their own stuff, so be it. Im sure Finley can afford to replace them. Its only an issue if it gets to the point where other peoples property gets damaged, if it makes a mess that they do not clean up, or if it disturbs the peace. Im guessing the cops were called because of the noise. Im not saying what they did was smart, but its pretty humorous and really isnt as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. You would probably be surprised at what the GF police get called for in this town.

The fact that traffic needed to be diverted is probably the reason the police were called. Finley and Frattin were behaving like idiots and deserve whatever punishment comes their way.

I'm getting really tired of the apologists here; Actions like this aren't humorous; don't reflect well upon the University or the hockey program; and are a big deal. I doubt that Frattin's heard the end of this from Hakstol; I don't think he shares your "boys will be boys" attitude about these public displays of immaturity.

The fact that traffic needed to be diverted is probably the reason the police were called. Finley and Frattin were behaving like idiots and deserve whatever punishment comes their way.

I'm getting really tired of the apologists here; Actions like this aren't humorous; don't reflect well upon the University or the hockey program; and are a big deal. I doubt that Frattin's heard the end of this from Hakstol; I don't think he shares your "boys will be boys" attitude about these public displays of immaturity.

agreed but i also believe most think the punishment for frattin is spot on and thats great. its been dealt with and then you learn, serve your punishment and move on like anything. he made a stupid decision and im sure he knows it. its also isnt the end of the world either as some have written on blogs and so forth. stupid decision and now he will deal with it. end of story.

GO SIOUX

It must have been Chay Genoway's fault. The Finley apologists here constantly blamed Genoway for all of Finley on ice miscues during his career, so maybe the off ice stuff is his fault too

Makes sense as I was always told that the ones that get caught are usually the slowest ones!

Chay was pinching too deep in the garage and left Joe hangin' [again]. Chay managed an escape and Joe took the brunt of the blame [again].

It must have been Chay Genoway's fault. The Finley apologists here constantly blamed Genoway for all of Finley on ice miscues during his career, so maybe the off ice stuff is his fault too

Makes sense as I was always told that the ones that get caught are usually the slowest ones!

Just to point out, it was never all of his miscues..and if you are refering to the Frozen Four in Denver, I was there...Chay gave up the puck at least 3 times all leading to goals. It happened off the tv screen so no one but the people there saw it.

Seriously though, about this incident.....They are young men who did something really stupid and THEY know it. Fratts was held accountable by Hak and that is that. Fins will get a reprimend by the Caps if he hasn't already. Do we really need to discuss how stupid they were and keep bringing it up? I know the off season has been long, but we do have other things that we could discuss.

Just to point out, it was never all of his miscues..and if you are refering to the Frozen Four in Denver, I was there...Chay gave up the puck at least 3 times all leading to goals. It happened off the tv screen so no one but the people there saw it.

Seriously though, about this incident.....They are young men who did something really stupid and THEY know it. Fratts was held accountable by Hak and that is that. Fins will get a reprimend by the Caps if he hasn't already. Do we really need to discuss how stupid they were and keep bringing it up? I know the off season has been long, but we do have other things that we could discuss.

You're such a Finley apologist! You sicken me! :lol:

We live in a scapegoat society. That's why we blame so many people for so many different things. Gates blames the white police officer, RHHiT blames the white man, and everyone blames the Jews.

In sports, it's no different. People decide who they like an dislike. Then they gloss over the things that their favorites do (like the fact that Giambi takes steroids and got blasted. Manny and A-Rod took (allegedly) steroids and everyone loves them). Hey, Bartman interfered with the ball Alou was going to catch remember? No one noticed Gonzo booting a double play ball on the next AB.

Genoway is much loved. Finley was not. It's easy to see who would get the blame.

As for the incident, yeah. It's done. Hakstol acted. The book has been closed.

You're such a Finley apologist! You sicken me! :lol:

We live in a scapegoat society. That's why we blame so many people for so many different things. Gates blames the white police officer, RHHiT blames the white man, and everyone blames the Jews.

In sports, it's no different. People decide who they like an dislike. Then they gloss over the things that their favorites do (like the fact that Giambi takes steroids and got blasted. Manny and A-Rod took (allegedly) steroids and everyone loves them). Hey, Bartman interfered with the ball Alou was going to catch remember? No one noticed Gonzo booting a double play ball on the next AB.

Genoway is much loved. Finley was not. It's easy to see who would get the blame.

As for the incident, yeah. It's done. Hakstol acted. The book has been closed.

Well said redwing and I couldn't agree more.