SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs COLORADO COLLEGE

AZSIOUX

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of this.

Miller is much more noticeable on the ice now that he has time to play with the puck. He had his moments as a forward, but his transition to D has really given him the space for him to showcase more of his skill. I think that Hakstol will keep him back on the blueline for the rest of the season. There's no reason to move him back up at this point...

agreed on both. Miller is not half as effective as a forward, he's shown that his first 3 seasons. We don't need 2 freshmen D in for this series. Take your chances with Davidson and roll 4 lines and 6 Defense. That's what has made this team successful this year.

As some of you may know, I'm a CC alum but born and raised in North Dakota. I pull for CC everytime they step on the ice, EXCEPT when it's against our mighty Sioux! (I bleed green like you guys) With that, I will be attending Friday night's DU/St. Cloud game and pulling for Jan Brady all the way. Then, I will be listening to the Sioux on Saturday and Sunday and hoping for a big sweep of the Tigers! GO SIOUX!!!

As some of you may know, I'm a CC alum but born and raised in North Dakota. I pull for CC everytime they step on the ice, EXCEPT when it's against our mighty Sioux! (I bleed green like you guys) With that, I will be attending Friday night's DU/St. Cloud game and pulling for Jan Brady all the way. Then, I will be listening to the Sioux on Saturday and Sunday and hoping for a big sweep of the Tigers! GO SIOUX!!!

I hope your gonna wear something that says Sioux :D

Because we haven't accomplished anything yet this year.

I don't see Gwoz's comments that you are referring to in that story.

Why should we really care what other fans/programs think of us. If we can be proud of our team let them take shots. If we win and they don't want to give us credit, so much the sweeter if they want to grouse and complain about it.

i agree. it's kind of like fantasy football. if i beat somebody and they congratulate me, that's all fine and good. however, if i beat somebody and they start making excuses like i got lucky with a player that shouldn't have done well or they had a player on bye, yada yada yada. well, that's even sweeter because i know my win got under their skin and it feels good to know your victory stung a little.

don't get me wrong, a sioux victory alone always puts a smile on my face, but that smile is just a little wider when our opponents make themselves look like pussies by crying about it.

we know our players play as fair or more fair than the players on all these other teams who are wimpering about our foul play and there's no question that game time officiating the past couple years has hurt us a lot more often than it's helped us. i say let lucia and the others sniffle on each other's shoulders if it makes them feel better.

per brad

Weekly Wednesday update

At today's weekly press conference, coach Dave Hakstol said that the Sioux are planning for Evan Trupp to be out for this weekend, but they are going to evaluate the sophomore forward right up until Friday.

Trupp's line, along with two-time reigning offensive player of the week Chris VandeVelde and Matt Frattin, has been clicking during the second half of the season. They may move Brad Malone on the wing of that line if Trupp can't go.

Also, Hakstol said that Derrick LaPoint has spent some time at home after his injury, but is expected to be back in town today.

BRADS blog and ryan duncan interview with fans replay

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

didnt even think about this but....................

we sweep and du gets swept we win the cup this weekend as that would put them 4 points back with 1 game left to play vs CC

or

we sweep and they get 1 point creating a 3 point lead with DU having 1 game left with max of 2 wcha points so the sioux win title

or

we sweep and they split creating a share of the cup no matter what the sioux do in uw and if du beats cc

not saying whats goig to happen by any means but throwing it out there as DU only has 1 game left after this weekend to get more points and you never know :D

go sioux

sioux sweep and the sioux truly control their own destiny but we all know how tough cc and uw are so not a easy task

per brad

Weekly Wednesday update

At today's weekly press conference, coach Dave Hakstol said that the Sioux are planning for Evan Trupp to be out for this weekend, but they are going to evaluate the sophomore forward right up until Friday.

Trupp's line, along with two-time reigning offensive player of the week Chris VandeVelde and Matt Frattin, has been clicking during the second half of the season. They may move Brad Malone on the wing of that line if Trupp can't go.

I'll give Trupp 0% chance of playing this weekend and I'll take the under! :D If there is talk about Malone moving up to wing with VV/Frattin, that also tells me Toews is ready to go because Davidson, Kozek or Lammy can't and wouldn't center the 4th line.

Duncan and Watkin's lines stay the same and Malone joins VV/Frattin with the 4th line being Kozek, Lammy with Toews at center.

Kind of suprised that Kozek wouldn't fill the wing opened up by Trupp's injury? With that being said that is still 4 really solid lines.

didnt even think about this but....................

we sweep and du gets swept we win the cup this weekend as that would put them 4 points back with 1 game left to play vs CC

or

we sweep and they get 1 point creating a 3 point lead with DU having 1 game left with max of 2 wcha points so the sioux win title

or

we sweep and they split creating a share of the cup no matter what the sioux do in uw and if du beats cc

not saying whats goig to happen by any means but throwing it out there as DU only has 1 game left after this weekend to get more points and you never know :D

go sioux

sioux sweep and the sioux truly control their own destiny but we all know how tough cc and uw are so not a easy task

Don't forget we can clinch if we split, DU gets swept, and UW takes 2 or less.

I'll give Trupp 0% chance of playing this weekend and I'll take the under! :D If there is talk about Malone moving up to wing with VV/Frattin, that also tells me Toews is ready to go because Davidson, Kozek or Lammy can't and wouldn't center the 4th line.

Duncan and Watkin's lines stay the same and Malone joins VV/Frattin with the 4th line being Kozek, Lammy with Toews at center.

Kind of suprised that Kozek wouldn't fill the wing opened up by Trupp's injury? With that being said that is still 4 really solid lines.

I don't understand why Kozek would not join the 2nd line but I guess Hak wants to maintain the balance in the line up. Either way I can't wait for the weekend and a stick salute.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I thought this video was pretty amazing! It is on Youtube under UND Fighting Sioux Hockey. It is called LEGENDS and should be played before every game! If this doesn't fire you up, I don't know what will! GO SIOUX!

I like it.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCkxXdnVQY

As I'm sure some of you are aware, Brad and Chay played together at Shattuck and they were both fowards. Chay (who in my opinion is our best skater and best defensemen) is a converted forward. Had they converted Miller to defense earlier in his career his defensive skills would be much stronger than they are today (not that they are weak now, just not as solid as someone who has years and years of defense under their belt) and he would be a great defensemen because he really does shine, like chay, with more time and space to skate and make decisions....

I think he is hands down our most improved player since last year and he is doing what all teams need their seniors to do, lead by example and step up....

Should be fun weekend, I'm looking forward to possibly seeing nodak with temp above 0 degrees (has never happened in any of my previous visits)....

To quote dirty "Sioux Sweep"

I think he is hands down our most improved player since last year and he is doing what all teams need their seniors to do, lead by example and step up....

I agree with you that Brad is MIP. What he's done on the ice and off this season is simply amazing.

we have a 5 point lead over UW so if we are forutnate enough to sweep UW cannot catch us no matter what they do the rest of the way.

I know. But if we were only to split this weekend and DU got swept but UW swept, they would be 3 behind with a chance to gain 4 on us. Then the race is between us and them. Thats why it is possible to clinch with a split but it takes into account what UW does.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but I thought this video was pretty amazing! It is on Youtube under UND Fighting Sioux Hockey. It is called LEGENDS and should be played before every game! If this doesn't fire you up, I don't know what will! GO SIOUX!

While I like concept of the video, that is a pretty bad video overall a better more edited version with better high quality pictures and maybe even throw in a few video clips would do a lot more justice. This is a very simplistic video, I wouldn't give it to much praise!

I have a weather question...

I drove from Fargo to GF on Tuesday night, roads were very icy and weather was not so hot, overall not a fun drive. I drove back this morning (GF to Fargo) and the roads were ok, very snow covered, but no visibility because of the snow and wind, also not a fun drive. Does anyone know what the weather/roads are supposed to be like on Saturday afternoon? I have tickets to the game and was planning on going with my little brother. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!