SiouxSports.com Forum

Woog and the Rug.....

Wilbur

Marco Hunt at Sugars after the game called the Sioux "psychopaths" and it wasn't meant as a compliment. He also said that Hextall's gonna get himself killed someday if he keeps these antics up. You guys are delusional if you think everything that happened this weekend was started by the Gophers just like the Gopher fans on GPL are delusional thinking it was all started by the Sioux.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco Hunt at Sugars after the game called the Sioux "psychopaths" and it wasn't meant as a compliment. He also said that Hextall's gonna get himself killed someday if he keeps these antics up. You guys are delusional if you think everything that happened this weekend was started by the Gophers just like the Gopher fans on GPL are delusional thinking it was all started by the Sioux.

Well now that we all know Marco Hunts take on the series we can all sleep at night.

Well now that we all know Marco Hunts take on the series we can all sleep at night.

... and the fact that he and Derek Sheppard have no objectivity. Minnesota was slashing at Sioux players all night with both watching and they expect the Sioux to do nothing?

That you Toni? Don't work yourself up into a snit, now - just have Pamprin and lie down in a cool, quiet place with your eyes closed. Just forget about those big, bad, nasty Sioux.

I am pretty sure that the Sioux players ran their mouth plenty and instigated a few things. I am 100% sure that Tonya Lucia is gutless. I am 100% sure that Hextall would be more than happy to answer any questions that an opponent might have for him. By the way, what is an official doing badmouthing players and a team? Real professional.

Using WCHA officials weakens, not strengthens, your argument. You really need to find better references.

Evidently the WCHA refs aren't told to keep their mouths shut in public. We all know they're human and will have their opinions, but to leave themselves open to accusations of being baised against a team isn't very smart. I agree that whatever happens on the ice isn't probably the fault of any one team. Mr. Hunt doesn't agree apparently.

... and the fact that he and Derek Sheppard have no objectivity. Minnesota was slashing at Sioux players all night with both watching and they expect the Sioux to do nothing?

Do you really believe the refs were purposely favoring the Gophers because that's exactly what you just accused them of. You just proved my point that fans in heated rivalries have a tough time being objective about what actually happens on the ice. Both teams are guilty of crap. That's the way the rivalry has always been and always will be. Gopher fans are just as bad when they blame everything on the Sioux.

Do you really believe the refs were purposely favoring the Gophers because that's exactly what you just accused them of.

Since the Gophers lost this weekend it will be interesting to see how the penalties shack out this weekend.

I would be willing to bet you a beer that the Gophers will get the majority of the favorable calls.

Evidently the WCHA refs aren't told to keep their mouths shut in public. We all know they're human and will have their opinions, but to leave themselves open to accusations of being baised against a team isn't very smart. I agree that whatever happens on the ice isn't probably the fault of any one team. Mr. Hunt doesn't agree apparently.

If this is true the league office needs to be informed about the conduct of their refs.

He had some bad things to say about Barriball as well. My point wasn't to claim that even the refs think UND is cheap. He was critical of both teams. Say what you want about refs but they are more objective about certain teams than the die hard fans of those teams.

FOr the record, the Bemidji State announcers who were very home biased even commented on how clean the Sioux played them the weekend before.

The Sioux had no motive to be cheap...I might shoot my mouth off if I were decimating a team all weekend, but what would the motive be behind any extra stick work or cheap sh*t?

Maybe it was a SIoux player who speared Trupper and framed Lucia!

Since the Gophers lost this weekend it will be interesting to see how the penalties shack out this weekend.

I would be willing to bet you a beer that the Gophers will get the majority of the favorable calls.

do you honesty believe that goon? are you serious? just dont get the whole reffing and the gophers stuff. i watch just as many games as others and this just seems silly to me to think and to state. the penalties were called fine this last weekend. im glad they lat stuff go in order to keep flow to the game and didnt have a problem with anything that was called. we sweep the gophers in dominating fashion ansd reffing still is brought up. maybe its just me but it seems a bit of a stretch what you have said. i understand the refs arent great in the WCHA and many would agree with that but the constant ref arguments dont fly with me.

do you honesty believe that goon? are you serious? just dont get the whole reffing and the gophers stuff. i watch just as many games as others and this just seems silly to me to think and to state. the penalties were called fine this last weekend. im glad they lat stuff go in order to keep flow to the game and didnt have a problem with anything that was called. we sweep the gophers in dominating fashion ansd reffing still is brought up. maybe its just me but it seems a bit of a stretch what you have said. i understand the refs arent great in the WCHA and many would agree with that but the constant ref arguments dont fly with me.

:D shhh, I was throwing the lure out there to see if I could get bucky to bite. :silly: You weren't supposed to take the bait. :silly:

I actually thought shep and Marco did ok this weekend.

He had some bad things to say about Barriball as well. My point wasn't to claim that even the refs think UND is cheap. He was critical of both teams. Say what you want about refs but they are more objective about certain teams than the die hard fans of those teams.

Then as a ref isn't it his job to control the antics of both team's players so situations that occurred this weekend don't occur? :silly: Pretty classless (since that is the buzzword around here lately) for an official to call out the antics of players when he has the authority to try to limit those antics during the course of action!

FOr the record, the Bemidji State announcers who were very home biased even commented on how clean the Sioux played them the weekend before.

The Sioux had no motive to be cheap...I might shoot my mouth off if I were decimating a team all weekend, but what would the motive be behind any extra stick work or cheap sh*t?

Maybe it was a SIoux player who speared Trupper and framed Lucia!

The Sioux are way down the list Nationally in most penatlies taken this season. Actually Minnesota is above us and have taken more penalties than we have.

I think that's one thing that's been quite refreshing about fans from both sides of the ice this time. There's been no complaining about getting jobbed by the officials. While the penalty minutes did add up for both teams there were very few penalties, IMO, of the hooking, tripping, elbowing variety, etc. Both teams played pretty well except for some of the cheap stuff and the extra-curriculars that have already been well discussed.

I thought the officiating was pretty good all weekend. A few missed calls but for the most part those calls made were deserved, and very very few flagrant calls missed. Not too bad for a weekend of work.

I thought the officiating was pretty good all weekend. A few missed calls but for the most part those calls made were deserved, and very very few flagrant calls missed. Not too bad for a weekend of work.

Would agree.

But Hunt is still a D-bag!

jones I would say yes to psychopath. as far as hextall goes I didn't see him do much other than run his mouth which isn't a bad thing. I'm just glad we have him on our side. wouldn't it be great to get another shot at these guys in march at the west regional for a trip to DC.

Well, sir, we all know that a UMN-TC Gopher will not be the one "killing" any UND player.

I kinda like the ring of that.

How would that go on a sweatshirt? Maybe too long a word for a cap.

How 'bout:

Watch out!

Sioux are on the Psycho Path

Overlayed on a picture of Jones ripping his helmet off and photoshop a knife held pirate-style in his teeth and a bazooka slung around his neck and a wearing a pair of brass knuckles.