SiouxSports.com Forum

Woog and the Rug.....

Wilbur

I'm not affraid to admit that in the past I loved watching their broadcasts. Wooger, very knowledgeable about the game and always giving both teams credit, and Frank giving pretty good play by play for action up and down the rink (so much better than Sweeney....so much). After this weekend though I can't watch gopher games any more with the volume on. After UND started rolling their team they turned into whiney homer broadcasters. Last night was disgusting. Frank decides he's going to put it on the officials that the gophers are being out physicalled and outplayed. Classic line, "Those rules don't apply to this game." I can't believe how many times he brought that up, and the Wooger took the bait and followed suit. Both Friday and Saturday nights post game comments sucked as well.

Like I said, I've been a Wooger and Frank apologist but FSN should apologize to the faithful gopher fans for that BS broadcast last night. If I wanted to listen to whiney illogical complaining I'd call up those bridges people who are all for changing the sioux name. I'm willing to bet that something will be said to those two and next week they put on a little better performance. :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not affraid to admit that in the past I loved watching their broadcasts. Wooger, very knowledgeable about the game and always giving both teams credit, and Frank giving pretty good play by play for action up and down the rink (so much better than Sweeney....so much). After this weekend though I can't watch gopher games any more with the volume on. After UND started rolling their team they turned into whiney homer broadcasters. Last night was disgusting. Frank decides he's going to put it on the officials that the gophers are being out physicalled and outplayed. Classic line, "Those rules don't apply to this game." I can't believe how many times he brought that up, and the Wooger took the bait and followed suit. Both Friday and Saturday nights post game comments sucked as well.

Like I said, I've been a Wooger and Frank apologist but FSN should apologize to the faithful gopher fans for that BS broadcast last night. If I wanted to listen to whiney illogical complaining I'd call up those bridges people who are all for changing the sioux name. I'm willing to bet that something will be said to those two and next week they put on a little better performance. :D

I guess he missed the plays leading up the Jones snap. There is reason Zach went off like that. Notice how the Gophers players never drop their sticks? These clowns wouldn't do these antics if they were playing Juniors either here in the USHL or the CHL. Flynn would have had his ass handed to him. The guy makes Bickel look like a choir boy.

I really would love to sit down and listen to each broadcast, but every time I record a Sioux game, it seems like they lose. So, I didn't take the chance in jinxing them.

Well, I just got Midcontinent Preferred Cable on that special promotional price and several of the Fox Sports Channels are replaying our games this week. I think I'll DVR them and watch them over and over again! :D

Well, I just got Midcontinent Preferred Cable on that special promotional price and several of the Fox Sports Channels are replaying our games this week. I think I'll DVR them and watch them over and over again! :D

I just upgraded my cable package to the top of the line DVR special. The internet is so much faster as well...

Good call on the FCSC. I've had the package for a couple years now and it's awesome for watching a bunch of extra college hockey throughout the year. I just set for them to record. Thanks for the heads up!

Now all we need is for the Ralph to upgrade to HD, hehe.

Good call on the FCSC. I've had the package for a couple years now and it's awesome for watching a bunch of extra college hockey throughout the year. I just set for them to record. Thanks for the heads up!

Now all we need is for the Ralph to upgrade to HD, hehe.

Expanded sports digital rocks. FCS, NHL Network, NFL, BTN and the golf channel. :D

Golf Channel? Who can watch golf? Talk about boring. Get me out on the links, let's play! Throw on the Golf Channel and I'll fall asleep in minutes. :D

I love the golf channel during the golf season. There are times that It could cause me to sleep on the couch as well... :angry:

I love it, these clowns say how great it was that Stoa went after Hextall on Friday, after being ordered by Hill. Remember, Stoa crosschecked Hextall into the gopher goalie, then crosschecks him to the head, sits on him, etc.

Switch to saturday, Lucia spears Trupp, you know Jones talked to him, said "lets do this", Lucia likely said yes, Jonesy drops the gloves, rips the helmet off, NHL style, Lucia skates away. Jonesy manned up, Lucia showed exactly what he and all the gophers are: SOFT.

The gophers have no guts, it showed on the ice for 120 minutes this weekend. Their MO for years has been to talk, hit after the whistle, and use their sticks to slash and jab. When someone tries to fight them, when they say enough is enough, lets settle this like men, they have NOT answered.

Jones did exactly what he needed to do, that is the code of hockey.

I love it, these clowns say how great it was that Stoa went after Hextall on Friday, after being ordered by Hill. Remember, Stoa crosschecked Hextall into the gopher goalie, then crosschecks him to the head, sits on him, etc.

Switch to saturday, Lucia spears Trupp, you know Jones talked to him, said "lets do this", Lucia likely said yes, Jonesy drops the gloves, rips the helmet off, NHL style, Lucia skates away. Jonesy manned up, Lucia showed exactly what he and all the gophers are: SOFT.

The gophers have no guts, it showed on the ice for 120 minutes this weekend. Their MO for years has been to talk, hit after the whistle, and use their sticks to slash and jab. When someone tries to fight them, when they say enough is enough, lets settle this like men, they have NOT answered.

Jones did exactly what he needed to do, that is the code of hockey.

Ever notice when gopher player is cheaping and chirping at someone and then get challenged to a fight they fail to drop their sticks.

Some day, I think some Sioux faithful needs to put together a truly worthy Clark Griswold Christmas Vacation style rant that describes what we all know gopher players and their fans to be. We have been letting them off the hook calling them just arrogant all these years. Just by reading this thread, you can see that beside being arrogant, they're a bunch of gutless, whining, cheating, spearing, excuse-making, yellow-bellied, chicken-livered, rug-wearing, panty-wearing chokers. That's just the obvious stuff.

I was a little concerned about the photo of Woog -- I first wondered if it was an intrusion into his personal life (which would be out of bounds).

However, I don't think it paints him in a negative light, but rather is just a famous person sighting (I don't see how a photo of a guy having a beer after a game could be considered negative )

Nice to see you again this weekend Siouxmama. We're looking forward to sitting by you at the F5 again.

As for Wooger, I have rarely met a nicer guy at the bar after a game. He is friendly and willing to chat hockey with most anyone. He has a job to do, and yes he is a homer, but I will always cut Doug slack.

There is little point in responding to any baiting by Gopher fans. Which team is most likely to have become frustrated and tried to pick fights? The team that is dominating or the team that is getting their butts handed to them?

Seeing Trupper on the ice, obviously speared from the bench, is a disgrace to the rich history and proud tradition of Minnesota hockey. Lucia's running from a straight up fight with Jonesey is so gutless, I am embarrassed for him.

The Golden Gophers put on a display this weekend, but it wasn't hockey. If I were the MN AD, I think that I'd ask for Hill's resignation and issue a formal apology.

I think I most enjoyed the lesson that Genoway put on Fairchild leaving him on his knees with his jersey over his head.

I will back up your post and say that Doug Woog is a great guy, always willing to chat with fans from all teams and have a bump with them.

Until last night, Tony Lucia was one of the Gophers that I respected and appreciated the fact that he played to game hard and got more out of his limited talent through hard work, but his actions last night were at best cowardly.

John Hill is a joke. Nuff said.

I think Joel Maturi should get a copy of Ross Bernstein's "The Code" and make it required reading for the players and coaching staff at the U of M-tc and maybe even have them tested on it's contents before they take the ice again.

I normally enjoy Woog and hair hat call a game. They are usually as fair as homers can be. Woog is not afraid to call out the Gophers. I just think that since the Goofs were getting their butts handed to them, they had to somehow keep the Goofs fans watching by being more homerish than normal.

I will back up your post and say that Doug Woog is a great guy, always willing to chat with fans from all teams and have a bump with them.

Until last night, Tony Lucia was one of the Gophers that I respected and appreciated the fact that he played to game hard and got more out of his limited talent through hard work, but his actions last night were at best cowardly.

John Hill is a joke. Nuff said.

I think Joel Maturi should get a copy of Ross Bernstein's "The Code" and make it required reading for the players and coaching staff at the U of M-tc and maybe even have them tested on it's contents before they take the ice again.

That is well said. Hill did a lot of huffing and puffing last night I am sure he will hear about it.

So I gather its ok to spear someone now according the Gophers coach.