SiouxSports.com Forum

Woog and the Rug.....

Wilbur

How 'bout:

Watch out!

Sioux are on the Psycho Path

Overlayed on a picture of Jones ripping his helmet off and photoshop a knife held pirate-style in his teeth and a bazooka slung around his neck and a wearing a pair of brass knuckles.

How about PSHCHO SQUAD?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then as a ref isn't it his job to control the antics of both team's players so situations that occurred this weekend don't occur? :silly: Pretty classless (since that is the buzzword around here lately) for an official to call out the antics of players when he has the authority to try to limit those antics during the course of action!

Is there anyway we can send a memo to the WCHA refs and let them know this? :silly:

myself and others have commented that Woog is genuinely a heckuva nice guy. He has a job to do and knows who signs his checks. As I stated earlier, Wooger will always get a pass from me because of this along with the fact that at the end of the day, the man flat out knows hockey.

myself and others have commented that Woog is genuinely a heckuva nice guy. He has a job to do and knows who signs his checks. As I stated earlier, Wooger will always get a pass from me because of this along with the fact that at the end of the day, the man flat out knows hockey.

agree

He flat out doesn't know an intentional cross-check when he thinks he sees one. In Saturdays game he complained of Malone cross-checking over and over again during a scrum and re-watched it like 3 times and saw no such thing.

Other than that and being a homer (which he should be), he's fine.

Evidently the WCHA refs aren't told to keep their mouths shut in public. We all know they're human and will have their opinions, but to leave themselves open to accusations of being baised against a team isn't very smart. I agree that whatever happens on the ice isn't probably the fault of any one team. Mr. Hunt doesn't agree apparently.

In hindsight, the remark, probably taken out of context, was maybe meant to mean the Sioux "play with reckless abandon", which is usually a compliment. And, a way a team needs to play, at times.

He flat out doesn't know an intentional cross-check when he thinks he sees one. In Saturdays game he complained of Malone cross-checking over and over again during a scrum and re-watched it like 3 times and saw no such thing.

Other than that and being a homer (which he should be), he's fine.

First period sat night. Malone did cross check a guy digginh along the boards. It's a hockey play that sometimes gets called and sometimes doesn't.

That led that spaz Schack to go after Malone after the whistle. That resulted in a power play for us. The cross check.wasn't in the scrum after the whistle.

Evidently the WCHA refs aren't told to keep their mouths shut in public. We all know they're human and will have their opinions, but to leave themselves open to accusations of being baised against a team isn't very smart. I agree that whatever happens on the ice isn't probably the fault of any one team. Mr. Hunt doesn't agree apparently.

Don Adam is a perfect example of why it doesn't matter if WCHA officials open their mouths or not. They aren"t held accountable anyway. Although Don Adam was kept from doing UND games for a little while, he is back doing them again despite his babbling at Sugar's something to the effect of "I hate the Sioux and Matt Greene is a hack" and how he didn't mind sticking it to the Sioux whenever he gets the chance. Guess he doesn't feel that way anymore?

Woog does know hockey and is a great guy to talk to. I watched the replay of Saturday's game and Woog knew the game and what was up right when they lined up for the face off when he said and I quote exactly "Lucia HAS to go here" and then had to backtrack and join "the rug" and spin it for the FSN Gopher faithful when Little Lucia decided to skate away and as person who does know hockey I'm sure he was probably a little disappointed in his lack of testosterone.

Do you really believe the refs were purposely favoring the Gophers because that's exactly what you just accused them of. You just proved my point that fans in heated rivalries have a tough time being objective about what actually happens on the ice. Both teams are guilty of crap. That's the way the rivalry has always been and always will be. Gopher fans are just as bad when they blame everything on the Sioux.

Well, I wouldn't call a ref who calls a player a "psychopath" because he drops his gloves objective.