SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.

Hatred seems a little over the top.

It's college freakin' hockey, kid. There are a lot better recipients for your hatred than another hockey team. :huh:

I'm sure he didn't mean hatred as in he wants to blow up the whole school, it's a rivalry. :D You could ask plenty of UND players and I'm sure they would say they hate Minnesota.

Roman just put another thread up on an e-mail sent in. I'm not gonna put he link up because I don't want to get blamed but I have a feeling this thread is going to be good for about another 5 pages now. :huh:

More fuel to the fire on the "classless" Sioux hockey program . . . and building . . . Star Tribune (as mentioned above)

I just don't get it. People complain about the deals put up on the screen with the quotes next to Kangas and whine about it! I don't think the players even notice them, it's more for the fans which in turn gets them pumped up. Even the ones last year with the girl in the Gopher jersey in the penalty box....that was genius, but people complained about that as well. Like I put on Romans blog, this whole world is becoming pussyfied!!!!! :huh:

Roman just put another thread up on an e-mail sent in. I'm not gonna put he link up because I don't want to get blamed but I have a feeling this thread is going to be good for about another 5 pages now. :huh:

Those(the guy in the email) are the fans that both fan bases don't need, but both have. If a fan like that can't comprehend/understand the rationale of why certain stuff goes on during the course of the game, then I wouldn't want him as a fan for my team.

You also wouldn't see this many negative emails/posts/articles etc. by Gopher faithful if they hadn't gotten beat so bad last weekend. A good ass-kicking lasts for a while and is tough to get over.

Besides, is it really a good thing that Minnesota fans are still talking about the series from a week ago and not the current series?

No biggie. The Strib filed for bankruptcy today anyways, guess it goes to show what poor writing gets you.

Strib is bankrupt, Gophers were swept, Lucia's cowardice broke the code, Kangas got the hook twice. Looks like we win.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the F*&k the Gophers chant either.

I like how they always act like we're a bunch of goons. Our team is not big this year. In fact, after Finley who else is big? Blood, Fienhage, Davidson? Sure, but they haven't been playing. Then who? VV? He's expected to be a scoring power forward, not a goon. He certainly wasn't mixing it up. Malone likes to mix it up, but he isn't huge.

Let's see under Hakstol we've sent Stafford, Zajac, Toews and Oshie off to regular shifts in the NHL. We've sent Lee, Chorney, Porter, Greene, Jones, Smaby off to AHL/NHL status. We've won a Hobey Baker award with Duncs...hmm...four frozen fours too...hmm...sounds like a goon squad to me...

You also wouldn't see this many negative emails/posts/articles etc. by Gopher faithful if they hadn't gotten beat so bad last weekend. A good ass-kicking lasts for a while and is tough to get over.

Exactly. I can usually log into this site at midnight on a game night if there are a ton of pages, the team lost and people are complaining. If the thread is short the Sioux have won and people move on.

Of course this Gopher thread is the obvious exception to my rule. :huh:

I just don't get it. People complain about the deals put up on the screen with the quotes next to Kangas and whine about it! I don't think the players even notice them, it's more for the fans which in turn gets them pumped up. Even the ones last year with the girl in the Gopher jersey in the penalty box....that was genius, but people complained about that as well. Like I put on Romans blog, this whole world is becoming pussyfied!!!!! :huh:

I can't imagine anything more harmless than the cartoon bubbles. Kangas's phone number was out of bounds, but jeez, if this is all you've got to whine about.

I enjoy the thought bubbles myself, but I talked to a former player after the series and he says he hates seeing that. He says he knows Hakstol and the team don't like them because the opponent does remember that stuff for down the road.

As others have said, I also am not a fan of the "F*** the Gophers" chant. Nor do I think it was a good thing to put Kangas' cell phone number up on the jumbotron. I think that's going too far.

Like that commentor on the blog said, the gopher fans do have the chant that end with "f***you you worthless piece of S***". Those in glass houses...

Exactly. I can usually log into this site at midnight on a game night if there are a ton of pages, the team lost and people are complaining. If the thread is short the Sioux have won and people move on.

I'm surprised to see you, of all people, spreading such an untruth. We both know that win or lose, Sioux fans complain for a ton of pages about the reffing after each WCHA game. :huh:

I'm surprised to see you, of all people, spreading such an untruth. We both know that win or lose, Sioux fans complain for a ton of pages about the reffing after each WCHA game. :D

True enough, but I was trying to be a nice house guest. We'd do it too on GPL, but we are forced to move on by the admins. :huh:

True enough, but I was trying to be a nice house guest. We'd do it too on GPL, but we are forced to move on by the admins. :huh:

About the admins, I have checked out your board, I think your mods do too much. I think Jim has the perfect balance, people can write freely, if things start getting out of hand, a mod warns about it, if it continues, the person is banned. (see "proudsioux" for an example :D)

I submitted a classy post to rebuke what was said, and Mr. Roman Augustovitz has not allowed it to be posted! Nice censorship! Clowns.

Care to give your "feedback" to the writer?

Roman Augustovitz

Phone: 612-673-4451

E-mail: raugustoviz@startribune.com

How's that for irony?

More fuel to the fire on the "classless" Sioux hockey program . . . and building . . . Star Tribune (as mentioned above)

What's funny about that email is this:

Hakstol and his bunch of goons seem to get chippier and have less class each time....At some points I wish the gophs just wouldn’t play them, or else bring a couple guys like Stu Bickel back to take down idiots such as Finley and Jones and Kozek.

So this person doesn't want the Gophers to play the Sioux anymore because they are goons. But yet later on in the email they want players like Bickel to come back so they "take down" the Sioux players.

Very "classy", and also nicely ironic. :huh: