SiouxSports.com Forum

FIRE IDALSKI!

soohockey15

The guy can't get the job done. Plain and simple. Gophs come in here and beat us around like stepchildren two nights in a row and its embarrassing. We need to get some new blood in here. Maybe its because he can't motivate enough?

You know i could not agree more. They looked so un-motivated tonight. They appeared to have nothing to play for and appeared to be scared. I think it is time for Steve Johnson, NOW.

Holy &^%$. I thought we turned on Hak quickly. :D

The #2 Gophers come into town against unranked UND and we expect to beat them? That would have been nice, but seriously... if you are playing an unranked team and you are in the top 5, you should beat the unranked opponent.

Sucks if you are a fan of the unranked opponent, but it is true.

We were competitive for a while, that's great. Eventually we'll get better. Right now, we're not good enough to beat the #2 team in the country.

Get over yourselves. ???

Actually, no. The women's program is in a better state than the men's, so shouldn't the coach be held to the same standard? I'm not looking to fire him now, but at the end of the year if they have these same losses, I think they should look at a new guy.

Please explain to me how the women's program is in a better state than the men's? Here is some men's hockey stats... All-Time Record: 1248-847-107

NCAA Championships: 7, NCAA Tournament Appearances: 23. I have no problem with the women's team but there really is no comparison.

Please explain to me how the women's program is in a better state than the men's? Here is some men's hockey stats... All-Time Record: 1248-847-107

NCAA Championships: 7, NCAA Tournament Appearances: 23. I have no problem with the women's team but there really is no comparison.

The women's program THIS YEAR is in a better state than the mens. Not all time. that's what was meant. The women's team has a winning record so far, the men's team does not so far.

This thread is so stupid. The coach is amazing he is doing a great job. The girls are on a transition period, they will be great not good, but great in two years. He has the respect of all the girls, to say that he needs to be fired is so dumb. Do you remember how this team faired last year? If not go check back on old scores and do some research and then we''ll talk. He's wort every penny for the program right now....... get over yourself people!!!!!!!!!

The guy can't get the job done. Plain and simple. Gophs come in here and beat us around like stepchildren two nights in a row and its embarrassing. We need to get some new blood in here. Maybe its because he can't motivate enough?

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

This thread shouldn't be included with the Men' hockey items. They have their own section. Second... it' dumb and Billy just said it best...thanks for making us all dumber.

By the way, that was the principal who said that about Billy's answer.

Billy responded something to the effect that "a simple "wrong answer" would have been enough.

Im thinking he quoted it right ??? From the movie " Billy Madison"

Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

Source:

Although we do have to give UND85 credit for getting the perfect reference for this thread. Let's hear it again:

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Source:

Although we do have to give UND85 credit for getting the perfect reference for this thread. Let's hear it again:

From Billy Madison ??? If you quote what someone said in a book, are you quoting that person/character or the author? Hence, I guess you'd quote the producer or possibly, Billy Madison :D

the girls team is doing far better now than they did before, this year is one of the first years where we have some Idalski recruits, give it time. Not to mention the fact that no UND women's hockey team has EVER beaten a Gopher team. The Gophers are too good. Coach said that while he was not happy with the outcome of this weekend's games, they are something to look at while improving.

The UND women will get a win vs. the Gophers sooner rather than later. Almost all the other WCHA teams have beaten them. UND would quickly become a national power in the women's game if they committed more to scholarships and they honestly could get anyone to coach there with the facility.

If the Gophers and other schools are paying a full roster of scholarships vs. half as many the results will be fairly consistant. Surprises can and will occur as we all know.

HAHA. This thread is rather humorous.

Anyone that has even remotely followed the team the last few years knows that Idalski has turned this program around and has them headed in the right direction. And Maria Lewis is a very highly respected coach and recruiter in women's hockey. If we can keep her around with Brian, this team will be competing with the best teams in the country rather quickly.

I was one of the people that wanted UND to hire Steve Johnson when the women's job opened up. Now looking back I am glad that they hired Idalski. I have never been this excited about the women's team. They actually are moving forward rather than backwards or treading water as in the past. From 2 years ago to now there has been a 180 degree turnaround in the way the team is playing and I look forward to the rest of this year and many future years of contention for league titles and hopefully national prominence. They are finally playing with a plan rather than whatever it was that Rivard was doing. To say that Idalski needs to be fired or "can't get the job done"is ridiculous and completely moronic. You have earned a spot on my blocked users list soohockey15.

I was one of the people that wanted UND to hire Steve Johnson when the women's job opened up. Now looking back I am glad that they hired Idalski. I have never been this excited about the women's team. They actually are moving forward rather than backwards or treading water as in the past. From 2 years ago to now there has been a 180 degree turnaround in the way the team is playing and I look forward to the rest of this year and many future years of contention for league titles and hopefully national prominence. They are finally playing with a plan rather than whatever it was that Rivard was doing. To say that Idalski needs to be fired or "can't get the job done"is ridiculous and completely moronic. You have earned a spot on my blocked users list soohockey15.

I wonder if the whole Steve Johnson thing isn't entering into the whole deal.

I believe that Steve Johnson would be a great addition to the UND Coaching staff, but it wasn't to be just yet.

Who knows what the future holds, but I think Idalski has done just fine so far.

The difference between the two teams is the Lamoureux sisters and Marvin. Because of the previous coach the Sioux weren't in position to get them and until they get a top-end prospect, they will struggle to beat top-end teams. During the Olympic year I think the Sioux will contend, then hopefully get access to blue-chip talent.

The difference between the two teams is the Lamoureux sisters and Marvin. Because of the previous coach the Sioux weren't in position to get them and until they get a top-end prospect, they will struggle to beat top-end teams. During the Olympic year I think the Sioux will contend, then hopefully get access to blue-chip talent.

Idalski will get the top-end prospects, it's only a matter of time. This coaching staff has turned the program around in just two seasons and I think they will be able to sell the school and program to top-end talent even with the lack of a tradition and the disasterous Rivard regime still casting a shadow. This year's team has a chance to finish in the middle of the pack in the league. The next couple of years, with some recruiting success, they could do even better. One step at a time.