SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC TIGERS

AZSIOUX

scary, for sure. what is scarier is that we're not getting injured much on our forwards. we're losing d-men left and right.

the last thing we need in front of a freshman goaltender is to lose all depth at d

That is key, losing Big Joe Finley hurts a lot.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the good thing about this weekend is the sioux scored goals and showed signs of a balanced attack to a degree vs the best goalie maybe in the nation. they played tonight banged up on the blueline with blood (cut), jones (broken hand i believe) and finley out and fienhage flying in last minute for tonights game. cc is a damn good team and a split is what most thought would be realistic and that happened. of course when the friday win happens then you want a sweep but it didnt happen. lets hope the sioux have enough d men to fill 6 spots coming up and if not then miller will stay there im assuming. getting 7 goals on bachman during a weekend doesnt happen often at all but when you do get 4 its tough to see a team lose. lets get that sweep next weekend vs the sea puppies

the good thing about this weekend is the sioux scored goals and showed signs of a balanced attack to a degree vs the best goalie maybe in the nation.

Kangas plays for CC now? :(

Sounds like a good weekend overall for the Sioux, congrats to all of you, a split with CC in their house is good no matter what team you are or what your current situation is.

With each week my excitement grows for the Gopher/Sioux games!!

the good thing about this weekend is the sioux scored goals and showed signs of a balanced attack to a degree vs the best goalie maybe in the nation. they played tonight banged up on the blueline with blood (cut), jones (broken hand i believe) and finley out and fienhage flying in last minute for tonights game. cc is a damn good team and a split is what most thought would be realistic and that happened. of course when the friday win happens then you want a sweep but it didnt happen. lets hope the sioux have enough d men to fill 6 spots coming up and if not then miller will stay there im assuming. getting 7 goals on bachman during a weekend doesnt happen often at all but when you do get 4 its tough to see a team lose. lets get that sweep next weekend vs the sea puppies

As much as I hate to say it...and hate the f..ing Gophers. As of right now Kangas is the best goalie in the nation.

As much as I hate to say it...and hate the f..ing Gophers. As of right now Kangas is the best goalie in the nation.

he is damn good. he and bachman are right up there together and i hope they both decide to turn pro after this season :(:(

After watching the replay of the Duncan goal and seeing Hextall go hard to the net and hit the guy, all I have to say is........

THAT WAS A FIVE MINUTE MAJOR ADAM?? :(

You have got to be kidding me....that was a horrendous call...no doubt about it.... :(

Despite the 7-4 score...It was a good effort...very good. I'm proud of the boys. They did everything they could do given the circumstances. I don't know a lot of teams that would have the heart to just go out there so short handed with players and compete like that. I'm glad they flew fienhage in... that was a good decision. I say never leave an extra d-man at home. EVER. Especially considering we were already short before we left. Looking forward to next weekend! We're coming around! I can feel it...

After watching the replay of the Duncan goal and seeing Hextall go hard to the net and hit the guy, all I have to say is........

You have got to be kidding me....that was a horrendous call...no doubt about it.... :(

Wow i just saw it again aswell. That is by far the worst call ive ever seen. Im not saying we would have won without that crap call or not, but that call was horrible. Ive seen way worse stuff not get called after a goal. Maybe a 2 min, but a 5 min major! And a game misconduct! I guess ive seen it all from Don Adam.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but Miller contributed in a major way this weekend. VV was very strong. He's not JToews, but he is doing some of the same things.

If I were a Tigers fan, I would be writing the video dept of whoever televises their games. I swear we did not get to see half of the face-offs, and they weren't breaking to commercials. Makes me appreciate the Ralph production that much more.

Team with a very good effort tonight, all in all. The offensive balance is really showing, and Hextall seems to be very confortable with WCHA play already. When Toews starts to gain confidence, we will really have a lot of weapons out there.

I just watched the video again....that was horrible. It didn't even look like a two min. penalty. Hextall is going to be an excellent player, he was really making things happen out there. He is going to be Kaip-like with way more skill.

Don Adam:

He's horrible and there's nothing that can be done with the buddy buddy system Papa Smurf has in place. So, when he's on the ice and the Sioux win or when he's on the ice and the game can be said to be a "well called game" I consider it something of beauty and perseverance, if not luck.

Let's face it. The WCHA can say whatever they want, but until officiating reform happens, they'll always be a truly second rate league with first rate teams.

I finally saw the play and I agree.I'm not one to whine about the officiating because it usually evens out over a course of a game but that one was beyond horrid.UNBELIEVABLE.

It was very strange to have Finley go on this trip and not play. We had 5 healthy D + Miller on the trip. If Finley was iffy to play why not bring Finhage along just in case - instead of the hassle of flying him in on Sat.

Very strange.