SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

not sure if this has been posted. david carle has a blog. he was forced to quit hockey due to a heart condition out of shattuck and would have played for denver this season

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3659947

Its good to see that Denver still gave him his scollarship and still gave him a small part of the team. i like that he has to come up with 2 warm up drills lol. He seems to be accepting his condition, good for him!

That was weird when you moved this post from the Sioux vs Badgers thread.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions:

FRIDAY

Alaska-Anchorage at Michigan Tech - AA

Wisconsin at North Dakota - Tie

Colorado College at Denver - CC

Minnesota State at Minnesota - MINNESOTA

SATURDAY

Minnesota vs. Minnesota State - MINNESOTA

Alaska-Anchorage at Michigan Tech - Michigan Tech

Wisconsin at North Dakota - UND

St. Cloud State vs. Minnesota-Duluth - SCSU

SUNDAY

Denver at Colorado College - DU

Gophers get 4 points from Mankato

Sioux get 3 from the BADgers

AA and Tech split in an ugly series

DU and CC split, each winning on the road

SCSU gets back on track and smokes Duluth

My predictions:

FRIDAY

Alaska-Anchorage at Michigan Tech - AA

Wisconsin at North Dakota - Tie

Colorado College at Denver - CC

Minnesota State at Minnesota - MINNESOTA

SATURDAY

Minnesota vs. Minnesota State - MINNESOTA

Alaska-Anchorage at Michigan Tech - Michigan Tech

Wisconsin at North Dakota - UND

St. Cloud State vs. Minnesota-Duluth - SCSU

SUNDAY

Denver at Colorado College - DU

Gophers get 4 points from Mankato

Sioux get 3 from the BADgers

AA and Tech split in an ugly series

DU and CC split, each winning on the road

SCSU gets back on track and smokes Duluth

so they are playing at the X right? i assume these are regular wcha games that count? just making sure. thanks

so they are playing at the X right? i assume these are regular wcha games that count? just making sure. thanks

Saturday game at the "X". Gophers play home Friday at Mariucci and Kato is considered the home team at the "X" Saturday.

Then SCSU plays UMD at the NHC on Friday night and Saturday they play at the "X" where UMD will be considered the home team.

*Both games at the "X" are conference games that are counted in the WCHA standings.

Supposedly only 6K seats have been sold for this tourney......seems a bit odd.

Saturday game at the "X". Gophers play home Friday at Mariucci and Kato is considered the home team at the "X" Saturday.

Then SCSU plays UMD at the NHC on Friday night and Saturday they play at the "X" where UMD will be considered the home team.

*Both games at the "X" are conference games that are counted in the WCHA standings.

thanks. i would expect more seats to be filled. thats pathetic actually. im sure it will fill up more by saturday.its friken wcha hockey people!

thanks. i would expect more seats to be filled. thats pathetic actually. im sure it will fill up more by saturday.its friken wcha hockey people!

Yeah, thats what I thought too. The Gopher game is televised and I believe it was not part of the season ticket package so alot of people must just want to see the game on tv. Can't totally blame them I guess, a day down in St. Paul can get pretty spendy I guess, especially with these times. But as you said it's WCHA hockey so I assume it would have filled up, two pretty good games actually, especially with SCSU and UMD havins some pretty good games in the last few years.

Yeah, thats what I thought too. The Gopher game is televised and I believe it was not part of the season ticket package so alot of people must just want to see the game on tv. Can't totally blame them I guess, a day down in St. Paul can get pretty spendy I guess, especially with these times. But as you said it's WCHA hockey so I assume it would have filled up, two pretty good games actually, especially with SCSU and UMD havins some pretty good games in the last few years.

Why would the gopher game be part of their season ticket package if it's not technically their home game? Is it part of the MSU-M and/or UMD season ticket package?

Why would the gopher game be part of their season ticket package if it's not technically their home game? Is it part of the MSU-M and/or UMD season ticket package?

i love the fact that it CALLED a home game for msu ;)

go mavs!!

i love the fact that it CALLED a home game for msu ;)

go mavs!!

I'm not sure how that works. Maybe there is a financial incentive for msum? I'm sure that the uni's don't matter because it certainly isn't a home game for msum.

I hope MSUM is paid generously for it. It can't help you to have a home game that is more favorable for the road team.

MSU hosted the Gophers at the X a few years ago as well. At that time they were given the prime seats and the "X" did the right things to make them feel at home. I think they even painted a purple cow over the Wild logo. Game was a 9-6 battle featuring no defense and little goaltending.

Tickets are still available for lower bowl, but club is sold out. There will be lots unsold in the upper level.

MSU hosted the Gophers at the X a few years ago as well. At that time they were given the prime seats and the "X" did the right things to make them feel at home. I think they even painted a purple cow over the Wild logo. Game was a 9-6 battle featuring no defense and little goaltending.

Tickets are still available for lower bowl, but club is sold out. There will be lots unsold in the upper level.

I remember watching that game Briggs was God awful...

I'm not sure how that works. Maybe there is a financial incentive for msum? I'm sure that the uni's don't matter because it certainly isn't a home game for msum.

I hope MSUM is paid generously for it. It can't help you to have a home game that is more favorable for the road team.

Oh I don't know Gopher fans have been telling us that the Xcel Energy Center isn't a home game for them even though it is 7 miles from their campus.

I think they did this so the Minnesota WCHA teams got some extra money.

No game for SCSU and UMD Friday - they will play a single game in Duluth on 11/29

UMD plays at SCSU later in the season (1/9-10)

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team.php/st...u/gender,m.html

There's a huge financial incentive for UMD and Mankato for doing this. They are getting the money from it. They need it much much more than UMN or SCSU.

and there better be since they are playing a ome game away from their barn

So the Purple Cows once again give up a game on their home ice so they can play in front of a pro-Gofer crowd? Yes, it's all about the buck$ but it still blows that they would give up their home ice...

If it helps... MSU has earned 7pts at Mariucci over the years vs. only 2 pts at the Midwest/Altel arena.