SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

Wisconsin at Minnesota-Duluth - UW SWEEP

Denver at St. Cloud State - SPLIT

Alaska-Anchorage at North Dakota - SIOUX SWEEP

Michigan Tech at Minnesota (saturday-sunday series) 1 pm starts - umTC SWEEP

Colorado College at Minnesota State - SPLIT

i would have gone with 5 sweep which never probably happen but the 2 i didnt were on the road so didnt go there. i hope umd an take one from UW.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

full WCHA schedule this weekend

Wisconsin at St. Cloud State - SPLIT

Minnesota State at Michigan Tech - SPLIT

Colorado College at Alaska-Anchorage - CC SWEEP

North Dakota at Minnesota-Duluth - SIOUX SWEEP

Minnesota at Denver - SPLIT

SERIOUS NOTE

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

The latest blow to Tech is the loss of first line senior wing Malcolm Gwilliam. He was hospitalized before Sunday

Wisconsin at St. Cloud State - BADger SWEEP

Minnesota State at Michigan Tech - MANKATO SWEEP

Colorado College at Alaska-Anchorage - CC SWEEP

North Dakota at Minnesota-Duluth - SPLIT

Minnesota at Denver - GOPHER SWEEP

You know...

I know one night's in the books (and I don't know any scores), but I actually think DU has the ability to surprise teams. I think I'll predict that DU will at least tie Saturday's game. I also think that it is possible that UAA will escape with a point too.

You know...

I know one night's in the books (and I don't know any scores), but I actually think DU has the ability to surprise teams. I think I'll predict that DU will at least tie Saturday's game. I also think that it is possible that UAA will escape with a point too.

UAA is okay at best. DU definitely has the ability to surprise teams. What makes you think they will at least tie tomorrow? I guess maybe its just me but a 3 point loss doesn't speak to me in that way.

UAA is okay at best. DU definitely has the ability to surprise teams. What makes you think they will at least tie tomorrow? I guess maybe its just me but a 3 point loss doesn't speak to me in that way.

Never underestimate a team that has the capabilities DU does. Remember: A score is just a score for that day. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter what the margin of victory or defeat is. Tomorrow is a new day and there's really nothing that says that DU won't get at least a point. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if UMN split.

Never underestimate a team that has the capabilities DU does. Remember: A score is just a score for that day. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. It doesn't matter what the margin of victory or defeat is. Tomorrow is a new day and there's really nothing that says that DU won't get at least a point. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if UMN split.

Going into the weekend I would have agreed with that, but we've constantly dominated Saturday nights so I expect nothing less than a win. I think Kangas will give up his usual 2 goals, 1 of them being a little soft, and we'll score 3 or 4. The only thing that syas DU won't get at least a point is the whipping they got tonight. Maybe they aren't as good as everyone thought this year? I just don't know.

Going into the weekend I would have agreed with that, but we've constantly dominated Saturday nights so I expect nothing less than a win. I think Kangas will give up his usual 2 goals, 1 of them being a little soft, and we'll score 3 or 4. The only thing that syas DU won't get at least a point is the whipping they got tonight. Maybe they aren't as good as everyone thought this year? I just don't know.

Early this year, the Sioux looked better on Saturdays than Fridays, but now it is the opposite really (tonight notwithstanding... I didn't watch or listen to the game).

You can't expect to win it just because your previous Saturdays looked good.

Be that confident if you wish, but if the Gopher players feel the same way tomorrow, they'll surely overlook DU. And then it will be ugly. I guarantee you that.

Early this year, the Sioux looked better on Saturdays than Fridays, but now it is the opposite really (tonight notwithstanding... I didn't watch or listen to the game).

You can't expect to win it just because your previous Saturdays looked good.

Be that confident if you wish, but if the Gopher players feel the same way tomorrow, they'll surely overlook DU. And then it will be ugly. I guarantee you that.

Very true, I can agree with that. I guess I'm more predicting a victory tomorrow based on the way tonight looked and the way we've played thus far this season. At this point, until I'm proven otherwise, I'll keep predicting victories. If we come out flat and thinking a win is easy though, we will get stomped, DU is very talented.

Very true, I can agree with that. I guess I'm more predicting a victory tomorrow based on the way tonight looked and the way we've played thus far this season. At this point, until I'm proven otherwise, I'll keep predicting victories. If we come out flat and thinking a win is easy though, we will get stomped, DU is very talented.

If fans were proven indicators of their team's success, Minny and UND would have gone undefeated since 1959. :silly:

If fans were proven indicators of their team's success, Minny and UND would have gone undefeated since 1959. :D

:silly:

Maybe it'll work for me today? Too many Minnesota sports to not try it... Basketball = Win, Football: Hawkeyes = Dead, Hockey = SWEEP :D

Okay so I seriously doubt all of that will happen, but it's worth trying

:lol:

Maybe it'll work for me today? Too many Minnesota sports to not try it... Basketball = Win, Football: Hawkeyes = Dead, Hockey = SWEEP :D

Okay so I seriously doubt all of that will happen, but it's worth trying

Seriously....

UMN Basketball is a joke. Football has a ways to go to undo Mason's Morons. Stick to hockey.

Oh, and it looks like I was right. UMN overlooked DU. Now DU was ready for them and... it's ugly.

Looks like you were right, redwing77. DU showed up to play tonight, and while the score was 4-0 DU, it was a close game - DU just earned a few more bounces than the Gophers. Cheverie finally played a consistent 60 minutes. The big surprise was Gwozdecky sitting Mullen, Martin and Salazar tonight as a message to the rest of the team, and DU responded.

The net-net of all of this that the WCHA is again locked into a fierce top-to-bottom death struggle. There may be no tougher league in sports. The SEC in football is perhaps the only thing that compares to the WCHA...

Looks like you were right, redwing77. DU showed up to play tonight, and while the score was 4-0 DU, it was a close game - DU just earned a few more bounces than the Gophers. Cheverie finally played a consistent 60 minutes. The big surprise was Gwozdecky sitting Mullen, Martin and Salazar tonight as a message to the rest of the team, and DU responded.

The net-net of all of this that the WCHA is again locked into a fierce top-to-bottom death struggle. There may be no tougher league in sports. The SEC in football is perhaps the only thing that compares to the WCHA...

I like the fact that the Pios put 4 behind the Kangaroo.

Seriously....

UMN Basketball is a joke. Football has a ways to go to undo Mason's Morons. Stick to hockey.

Oh, and it looks like I was right. UMN overlooked DU. Now DU was ready for them and... it's ugly.

I wouldn't call UMN Basketball a joke by any means. Had an incredible improvement last season on Tubby Smith and are very young this year. A top 10 recruiting class coming in next year and unlike football, a top-flight coach that is one of the best 5 in college basketball in my opinion. The team is so young this year, I am going to wait a little bit before judging them.

Football has a ways to go, no doubt about that man. Brewster has proven that he is one of the best recruiters in the nation (got another 4 star commit yesterday after getting shelled) but he has yet to prove himself as a gameday coach. Like basketball, we are very young. Only one team in the nation has less seniors than we did this year. Young offensive line killed us, and so did injuries.

UMN did overlook DU and DU came out skating like they were possessed. They played very very well and I won't take anything away from their win. We could have capitalized on a few of our opportunities and maybe they wouldn't get some of their good bounces but the better team won, and that was DU.

not a former player but i know his other sons previous incident was discussed. patrick roys other son suspended 15 games

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...;section=Sports

what a punk move

cross check to face

his other sons incident last year below

roy's tough guy son whos a goalie :lol:

landed him 7 games and his dad the coach was given 5 games or encouraging him

I'm wondering if cheap shots are becoming more common in "fights allowed" leagues or is the media finally covering it more? I find it hard to believe the latter because we've had horrible on-ice incidents before Bertuzzi's hit (McSorley's incident in Vancouver comes to mind).

What could spark such things? Are players simply not disciplined like they used to be? Are they encouraged to play with such an edge because it could get them more noticed?

Cheap shots happen in any league, even those that don't allow fighting so I can't really attribute the allowance of fighting to these occurrences, but what could be the cause?

I'm wondering if cheap shots are becoming more common in "fights allowed" leagues or is the media finally covering it more? I find it hard to believe the latter because we've had horrible on-ice incidents before Bertuzzi's hit (McSorley's incident in Vancouver comes to mind).

What could spark such things? Are players simply not disciplined like they used to be? Are they encouraged to play with such an edge because it could get them more noticed?

Cheap shots happen in any league, even those that don't allow fighting so I can't really attribute the allowance of fighting to these occurrences, but what could be the cause?

i think it is a combination of everyone over the age of 6 having a device that can record video, ie- cellphone, and players maybe not being taught at a young age what is and is not acceptable. i actually think the leagues that allow fighting should be able to avoid some of the cheap stuff by allowing the players to settle it face to face, but as you said this happens in every league (maybe not to this extent). i don't mind the occasional fight, but i hate the cheap stuff. i hope with all this video and websites like youtube, that young players won't be encouraged to do some of this crap so people will watch their video :lol:

you have to respect sean avery just being a colorful and honest guy :huh::glare:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3740267

2749.jpg - these glasses are so official !!

Avery approached a group of reporters, asked if a camera was present, then said he wanted to say one thing.

"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," he said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Avery's ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert, is dating Calgary defensman Dion Phaneuf and had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens. Avery also dated model and actress Rachel Hunter, the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings center Jarrett Stoll.