SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

just read that the NTDP USA U18 team team beat alaska anchorage 4-3 thursday night. Next week it seems many teams get thier exh schedule rolling

sioux recruit nick mattson (D) had 1 asisst in the win for usa

next week

oct 4th exh games

alberta at denver

toronto at michigan tech

british columbis at alaska anchorage

oct 5th exh games

lakehead at minnesota duluth

oct 6th exh games

alberta at colorado college

oct 8th exh games

british columbia at st cloud state

FRIDAY OCTOBER 10TH - REAL HOCKEY STARTS.......

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

western college hockey wcha preview

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...on-preview.html

Projected Order of Finish

1. Colorado College

2. Denver

3. Minnesota

4. North Dakota

5. Minnesota State

6. St. Cloud

7. Wisconsin

8. Minnesota-Duluth

9. Michigan Tech

10. Alaska-Anchorage

All-WCHA 1st Team

F-Chad Rau, Colorado College

F-Tyler Ruegsegger, Denver

F-Ryan Lasch, St. Cloud

D-Jamie McBain, Wisconsin

D-Josh Meyers, Minnesota-Duluth

G-Richard Bachman, Colorado College

All-WCHA 2nd Team

F-Garrett Roe, St. Cloud

F-Billy Sweatt, Colorado College

F-Rhett Rahkshani, Denver

D-Brian Kilburg, Minnesota State

D-Ryan McDonagh, Wisconsin

G-Alex Kangas, Minnesota

All-Rookie Team

F-Jason Gregoire, North Dakota

F-Jordan Schroeder, Minnesota

F-Jack Connolly, Minnesota-Duluth

D-Aaron Ness, Minnesota

D-Jake Gardiner, Wisconsin

G-Brad Eidsness, North Dakota

Player of the Year- Chad Rau, Colorado College

Rookie of the Year-Jordan Schroeder, Minnesota

western college hockey wcha preview

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...on-preview.html

Projected Order of Finish

1. Colorado College

2. Denver

3. Minnesota

4. North Dakota

5. Minnesota State

6. St. Cloud

7. Wisconsin

8. Minnesota-Duluth

9. Michigan Tech

10. Alaska-Anchorage

I guess I would pick UND to finish a little higher than fourth...

Isn't that due out this week or next?

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

In Tuesday's paper, columnist Ryan Bakken will take a look at Travis Roy's visit to Grand Forks. Roy was paralyzed 11 seconds into his college career, when he missed a check on UND's Mitch Vig and slammed into the boards. Roy will talk about the incident and more at 7 p.m. tonight in the Chester Fritz. It's free of charge if you want to go. Roy also will tour Ralph Engelstad Arena and have dinner with the Sioux hockey team.

In Wednesday's paper, look for the annual Grand Forks Herald WCHA coaches poll. The results are in and some are interesting.

In Thursday's paper, look for the women's hockey preview. Coach Brian Idalski talks about what he expects in his second season. There was a large overhaul on the roster during the offseason and he believes his freshmen can contribute right away.

In Friday's paper, you will find the 12-page special section college hockey preview. Since newspapers are ridiculously cheap, you should definitely go out and get this one. Quite a bit of info for 75 cents. Not sure how much, if any, is going to be on the web. But there's a team-by-team breakdown in the WCHA, a preview on every other conference in the country, stories on Jason Gregoire, Brett Bruneteau, Joe Gleason, Chris Porter, Brent Olson, Jacques Lamoureux, Kelly Zajac, Hunter Bishop and more.

In Saturday's paper, we will have coverage from UND's annual media day, which will be held Friday. Dave Hakstol will be addressing the media over lunch and all players will be available for interviews afterward.

In Sunday's paper, you will realize there is a purpose to learning math. I have used it to come up with a formula to objectively compare players from different eras. This is impossible to do by just looking at point totals, because scoring has decreased so much over the years in college hockey. But I found a way to look at everyone's season under the same light. How do the seasons of UND's two Hobey Baker Award winners compare? Where do other Hobey-worthy seasons fit in? Find out.

More blatant is the lack of respect for Duncan.

I feel.... that WesternCollegeHockey... knows nothing about the WCHA. That, and their lack of respect for Duncan is ridiculous. Even with his down year last year, he was still one of the top scorers in the conference. But whatever... I think we all know what happened the last time someone was overlooked.....hmmm

I'd rank the teams in this manner:

1-CC

2-UND

3-DU

4-MN

5- After this is really doesn't matter...could get pretty jumbled...

*DU and UND could flip flop, I hadn't entirely decided... it depends who has the stronger goaltending.

Oh, I feel like Genoway deserved some love too.

I'm going to wait for the coaches poll. Then I'll determine who the idiots really are. That, and I just have an overwhelming amount of faith in my sioux.:)

If it wasn't clear before, last year made it quite obvious, Western College Hockey is against UND and ALL of its players. I am not sure who runs that blog or where they are from, but it is clear that they do not like UND and have it out for them and their players. For a blog that I once appreciated and thought provided good, accurate, no-biased information, last year was an eye-opener and I know take anything I read from it with a grain of salt. Still some good news, but its tainted with blatant hate.

Ironic, I guess, but despite not having the usual list of players the prognosticators think will be first team all WCHA, I think the Sioux will put more overall talent on the ice this year than they have in some time. Maybe I'm guilty of wishful thinking, but I see some real potential this year. No Jon Toews or Zach Parise, but a whole bunch of high-end second liners. It will be real interesting to see how Hak molds his team this year.

If it wasn't clear before, last year made it quite obvious, Western College Hockey is against UND and ALL of its players. I am not sure who runs that blog or where they are from, but it is clear that they do not like UND and have it out for them and their players. For a blog that I once appreciated and thought provided good, accurate, no-biased information, last year was an eye-opener and I know take anything I read from it with a grain of salt. Still some good news, but its tainted with blatant hate.

Chris Dilks owns the blog, I am not sure where he is from but he is a Mankato fan as well.

I believe he is a college student that will probably be a newspaper writer someday. You might want to send him an email he will

probably answer you if you email him.

With the Twins and Vikings effectively out of post-season play and Sioux Football and the Cornhuskers coming off of disappointing losses, Sunday couldn't come soon enough. Drop the puck!

Actually the twins and the sox play tomorrow night for the right to go to the play off so there is a 50/50 chance

I actually would welcome the vikes losing this season if we could get rid of Childress and TJAC.

If they sucked this season they could get a higer number one pick and a quarter back. I am not happy with the way the season has

went but if they win next monday night they could still get into the playoffs.

Actually the twins and the sox play tomorrow night for the right to go to the play off so there is a 50/50 chance

I actually would welcome the vikes losing this season if we could get rid of Childress and TJAC.

If they sucked this season they could get a higer number one pick and a quarter back. I am not happy with the way the season has

I agree . . . uhhhh . . . 100% . . . uhhhh . . . time for . . . uhhhh . . . Chilly to . . . . ummmmm . . . go and get . . . uhhh a decent QB.

Twins are on TBS at 6:30.

Drop the puck!

I agree . . . uhhhh . . . 100% . . . uhhhh . . . time for . . . uhhhh . . . Chilly to . . . . ummmmm . . . go and get . . . uhhh a decent QB.

Twins are on TBS at 6:30.

Drop the puck!

I just want to see the Twins beat the Chi-Sox again.

Actually looking at the Twins record in Chicago this year I wouldn't exactly say its 50/50.

I would change a few things up and this is how I would rank the teams.

1. C.C.

2. Minnesota

3. UND

4. Denver

5. Wisconsin

6. Minnesota State

7. UMD

8. SCSU

9. MTU

10. UAA

I would maybe jumble the 2-4 spots but other than that I agree for the most part. I'd put DU at number 2, with the Gophers and Sioux very equal in the 3/4 area. No love for SCSU?

Once again, I agree, that's twice in one post. Being a Twins homer, I guarantee victory tonight. I would also welcome the Vikings losing if it means a coaching overhaul. Get Childress/Bevell out of there along with TJack. Playoffs are realistic being that we are only 1 game back but we MUST win on Monday, 1-4 = DEAD.

Don't know if someone already talked about this, but I saw on the WCHA blog that no matter where a penalty takes place, it will be brought into the attacking zone to give the powerplay team an advantage. It also said a new rule change is you can direct the puck in with your skate, but cannot kick it. What do you think of these changes?

Don't know if someone already talked about this, but I saw on the WCHA blog that no matter where a penalty takes place, it will be brought into the attacking zone to give the powerplay team an advantage. It also said a new rule change is you can direct the puck in with your skate, but cannot kick it. What do you think of these changes?

The face off being brought into the offensive zone is interesting...not sure what I think of that but my gut instinct says I don't like it.

As for the puck being able to go in off your skate - that's a no-brainer. A shot from the point can ricochet in off of your knee pads and it counts, so it only makes sense that off your skates should count as well.

I actually have no idea why you can't kick the puck in, either. You can kick the puck at any other time during the game, but can't kick it into the net? You can kick it from in your skates to your own stick and you can also kick it to a teammate in open ice, along the boards, etc. but can't kick it in the goal? Makes no sense to me. Anything short of catching and throwing the puck in the net with your hand should count as a goal.