SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...the tender is slumping and the skaters are shaky. Wait, that's Wisconsin I'm thinking about. :D

The skaters being shaky is surprising to me as far as UW is concerned. As for the tender being subpar, I've never been too impressed with Connelly. I think he's a step back from Bruckler and Elliot.

UW's D will right itself. Their offensive numbers are still pretty good, which is surprising.

I just hope they don't right the ship until after we play them. :)

The skaters being shaky is surprising to me as far as UW is concerned. As for the tender being subpar, I've never been too impressed with Connelly. I think he's a step back from Bruckler and Elliot.

UW's D will right itself. Their offensive numbers are still pretty good, which is surprising.

I just hope they don't right the ship until after we play them. :D

I"m really glad we get 2 games with UW early in the season. By March, all that talent will have lots of WCHA game experience.

bye week for the sioux and msu

other wcha action this wekeend -

WCHA

Minnesota-Duluth at Alaska-Anchorage - SPLIT

Minnesota at Wisconsin - SPLIT

NON CONFERENCE

st. cloud at bemidji state - SPLIT

colorado college at clarkson - CC SWEEP

ohio state at denver - DU SWEEP

EXH

usa u18 at michigan tech - USA U18 WINS

bye week for the sioux and msu

other wcha action this wekeend -

WCHA

Minnesota-Duluth at Alaska-Anchorage - SPLIT

Minnesota at Wisconsin - SPLIT

NON CONFERENCE

st. cloud at bemidji state - SPLIT

colorado college at clarkson - CC SWEEP

ohio state at denver - DU SWEEP

EXH

usa u18 at michigan tech - USA U18 WINS

You know, I think I'll go with:

UAA vs. UMD -> Split

UMN vs UW -> UMN Sweep

SCSU vs BSU -> I'd love to say split, but BSU has yet to win this season. I can't imagine them getting #1 vs. SCSU. SCSU Sweep

CC vs. Clarkson -> Please. CC EASY sweep

tOSU vs DU -> DU Sweep

U18 vs MTU -> MTU in OT

Oh! There is no way the Sioux will lose this weekend and there is no way MSU will win! :D

tv tonight

looks like umTC vs BADgers on fox sports north

ohio state at denver on fox sports rocky mountain

boston college vs vermont on espnu - MANY empty seats watching this BC home game. wow.

im sure there may be a few more but thats what i see so far

Minnesota is back to their usual capabilities. I only watched something like the last 5 minutes of OT, but the Gophers looked to be in better conditioning and were FAR superior in team speed and passing skills than UW. UW couldn't complete more than two passes at any one time, whether UMN was pressuring or not.

However, what I saw in OT was really UW sitting back and playing for the tie and UMN allowing a tie to be the likely outcome. Neither team really played to win in OT. Something like one or two scoring chances in those 5 minutes for the Gophers and one for the Badgers.

UMN is going to be a team to deal with, but if UND can pass like UMN, out physical UW, and use speed to their advantage, UND will definitely make UW miserable.

i have to agree with redwing. i watched them last weekend and last night (i was flipping between that and the du/osu game), and unfortunately, the goofs are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year, no big surprise really with the last couple of recruiting classes. kangas is the real deal, i hope his pro team decides to sign him early :D calling garth snow :) one other early observation... st. cloud and du are also VERY good this season. we have got our work cut out for us this year, but hey, we're the sioux, we'll be there in the mix in the end. i hope hak and company have ironed our some of the rough spots... cough, cough, power play... speaking of power play, we are going to see a TON more penalties called this year, so special teams will be more important than ever. i hate off weeks ;) GO SIOUX!!! and i hope UW gets their first win of the season tonight, so we don't have to deal with that monster next weekend.

i have to agree with redwing. i watched them last weekend and last night (i was flipping between that and the du/osu game), and unfortunately, the goofs are going to be a force to be reckoned with this year, no big surprise really with the last couple of recruiting classes. kangas is the real deal, i hope his pro team decides to sign him early :D calling garth snow :) one other early observation... st. cloud and du are also VERY good this season. we have got our work cut out for us this year, but hey, we're the sioux, we'll be there in the mix in the end. i hope hak and company have ironed our some of the rough spots... cough, cough, power play... speaking of power play, we are going to see a TON more penalties called this year, so special teams will be more important than ever. i hate off weeks :D GO SIOUX!!! and i hope UW gets their first win of the season tonight, so we don't have to deal with that monster next weekend.
Hell they lost to the Beav last nite. ;)

Minnesota is back to their usual capabilities. I only watched something like the last 5 minutes of OT, but the Gophers looked to be in better conditioning and were FAR superior in team speed and passing skills than UW. UW couldn't complete more than two passes at any one time, whether UMN was pressuring or not.

However, what I saw in OT was really UW sitting back and playing for the tie and UMN allowing a tie to be the likely outcome. Neither team really played to win in OT. Something like one or two scoring chances in those 5 minutes for the Gophers and one for the Badgers.

UMN is going to be a team to deal with, but if UND can pass like UMN, out physical UW, and use speed to their advantage, UND will definitely make UW miserable.

I thought Wisconsin looked beter earlier in the game, but they did go into the defensive shell later in the game.

that uw/umtc game was very hard to watch. i was having dinner with the family and there were so many damn penalties it was crazy. i know that is what the refs are trying to change up with clutching and grabbing but wow. wasnt much flow and the to cap it off a boring 2-2 tie. ive already said this and the gophers look much faster overall but when you still only score 2 goals a game you arent going to string a bunch of wins together. did kangas get hurt as uscho boxscore has patterson playing 8 minutes for the gophs??

that uw/umtc game was very hard to watch. i was having dinner with the family and there were so many damn penalties it was crazy. i know that is what the refs are trying to change up with clutching and grabbing but wow. wasnt much flow and the to cap it off a boring 2-2 tie. ive already said this and the gophers look much faster overall but when you still only score 2 goals a game you arent going to string a bunch of wins together. did kangas get hurt as uscho boxscore has patterson playing 8 minutes for the gophs??

I never saw Patterson play...

Appreciate the kind words for the Gophers :D

But seriously, the reffing was awful. Both ways, it wasn't even that fun to watch. 5 on 5 we were clearly the better team.

Just think that wasn't the high game for penalty minutes either. There was 52 penalties called in the BSU and SCSU game.

Seems like everyone is going to play on the PP and PK this season.

I am not sure how they can make it better, they can not let the obstruction go, the players will probably get the message later in the season.

I think this just shows how bad the league got, because the EZAC, CCHA and the HE aren't that bad as far as penalties go.

Appreciate the kind words for the Gophers :)

But seriously, the reffing was awful. Both ways, it wasn't even that fun to watch. 5 on 5 we were clearly the better team.

i just saw 0 for 10 on the PP. i can see a big difference in this gopher team but so far with team speed. the gophers dont have 1 physical player (lucia maybe) which may hurt them in certain areas and have had almost the same result in 3 games scoring goals. just tough for kangas to do that every single night and expect wins. hes damn solid. not sure if the reffing was awful or they are just doing their job to try to clean the wcha game up as discussed in the off season. another tie tonight.....3-3. with that many penalties called around the league there has a be a few PP goals tonight

im guessing 22 total penalties tonight :D

i just saw 0 for 10 on the PP. i can see a big difference in this gopher team but so far with team speed. the gophers dont have 1 physical player (lucia maybe) which may hurt them in certain areas and have had almost the same result in 3 games scoring goals. just tough for kangas to do that every single night and expect wins. hes damn solid. not sure if the reffing was awful or they are just doing their job to try to clean the wcha game up as discussed in the off season. another tie tonight.....3-3. with that many penalties called around the league there has a be a few PP goals tonight

we're 3 for 3 on our last three pp's. let's hope that trend continues next weekend and we'll be very successful.

I would be willing to bet it is more like 35...

Hell they lost to the Beav last nite. :D

i didn't see the game last night, but saw both games against um last weekend, and they played them tough both nights. they are fast and good in goal (with weloski anyway). they are not big or physical, but they never have been. they are built the thrive on the pp, which they will get alot of opportunities at this season. i'm not saying they are an elite team, but they could give the sioux everything they could handle right now, especially if we are in the box all night, which is a very real possibility.