SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

you have to respect sean avery just being a colorful and honest guy :huh::glare:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3740267

2749.jpg - these glasses are so official !!

Avery approached a group of reporters, asked if a camera was present, then said he wanted to say one thing.

"I am really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," he said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Avery's ex-girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert, is dating Calgary defensman Dion Phaneuf and had been romantically linked to Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens. Avery also dated model and actress Rachel Hunter, the girlfriend of Los Angeles Kings center Jarrett Stoll.

I don't remember where, but I read an interesting article about Avery. It was about how he's really into fashion and he goes to fashion shows and stuff. Really weird and surprising. It was in Newsweek I think.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember where, but I read an interesting article about Avery. It was about how he's really into fashion and he goes to fashion shows and stuff. Really weird and surprising. It was in Newsweek I think.

it was a espn e60 story on tv. hes very into the fashion world and very involved. its a great piece espn did and he is right on that the nhl is brutal at marketing. i love he calls out bettman. long live sean avery!

he was a intern for vougue last summer , this guy is a machine !

here it is, he use to play with dolls as well :glare:

my favorite quote from him "i certianally admire a nice purse"

avery

Going to be a much bigger loss than many think, he was great.

great? no way, not even close as he has 1 goal and is a -7 which is tied for worst o the team on the season in all 13 games but maybe someday. a solid 3rd to 4th liner as a freshman, yes. minny has many more players than they usually do that sit every night so that role will be filled by someone hungry for playing time.

great? no way, not even close as he has 1 goal and is a -7 which is tied for worst o the team on the season in all 13 games but maybe someday. a solid 3rd to 4th liner as a freshman, yes. minny has many more players than they usually do that sit every night so that role will be filled by someone hungry for playing time.

Great, maybe not. He was on the PK a lot and was key on that unit. A solid 3rd line center who has the potential to score goals, is fast, and works his arse off. He will be missed, even though he wasn't huge on the stat sheet.

i knew this would be a story sooner or later concerning 2 sports athletes when already having commited to a college for another sport

i see both sides and understand but you cant tell a kid what to do and force him either way. maybe a parent can influence a kid but thats about it. it should be the kids choice in the end.

lucia's concern

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

forneys injuries from football if i remember right, oh i just saw that mentioned in the blog

this is a interesting situation overall as i bet buddish would have been a 1st round selection coming up but now who knows with the injury. its the athletes choice in the end, not lucias but i also get lucias concern. if the kid wants to play then he should play whatever he wants, im sure other schools would be happy to have him if thats a big deal to don jaun lucia. i know lucia has mentioned in the past kids shouldnt play hockey year around if he plays other sports so now since it hits him with buddish he changes his mind.

this is a interesting situation overall as i bet buddish would have been a 1st round selection coming up but now who knows with the injury. its the athletes choice in the end, not lucias but i also get lucias concern. if the kid wants to play then he should play whatever he wants, im sure other schools would be happy to have him if thats a big deal to don jaun lucia. i know lucia has mentioned in the past kids shouldnt play hockey year around if he plays other sports so now since it hits him with buddish he changes his mind.

There is also a difference for me between high draft pick guys like Forney and Budish vs. other guys. Guys like Budish and Lee have it the toughest, because they both could likely play football at the D1 level.

It's a tough call and really should be left up to the kid, if a coach doesn't like football players don't recruit them.

There is also a difference for me between high draft pick guys like Forney and Budish vs. other guys. Guys like Budish and Lee have it the toughest, because they both could likely play football at the D1 level.

It's a tough call and really should be left up to the kid, if a coach doesn't like football players don't recruit them.

just watched HAKS press conferenced today and he was asked about this..not word for word but a summary fo what he said

he said.........everyone has to choose their own path, on one end we are telling kids at age 12 to choose their sport and play 12 months a year and hak said he doesnt believe in that and he said on the other end of the spectrum is become an all around athlete and have fun with the sport you are playing and and the season you are in. hak said he would like to see kids that are 12,13,14,15,16 playing different sports and becoming good athletes and having fun playing the game. the game becomes a business quick enough and yout dont have to rush into that and thats a true feeling from me. corey fienhage wanted to stay and play football last year and it was important to him and we supported it 100%. you can sit back and debate all you like would he been better off leaving highschool and playing ushl, maybe he would ahve been and maybe he wouldnt have been, that depends where coreys hearts at. each individual has to decide whats right for him and my advice is dont make the game a business before you have to. its gona come quick enough where you have to choose your sport and believe me when it gets to this level it gets serious pretty quick and demanding. my advice to younger kids is enjoy what you are doing baseball in the spring, football in the falla and hockey in the winter be an all around athlete and have at what you are doing. marto was a great atlete growing up around here. i think its important. to be good at what you do in sports you have to enjoy it, have passion or else at some point there may be a little bit of a burnout and thats gona create a cieling for you. im not saying there doesnt come a time where you dont have to choose your a sport because you do. once you hit that age of 16,17 and 18 you are coming to a time where you have to make decisions on what sport you are gona choose and what the right path developmentally is for you and there are some hard decisions there and there isnt one correct path that you can just say that is the cookie cutter path that works for everybody. hak said he grew up playing baseball his whole life, we didnt have afootball team in alberta where he grew up.my group of friends we played baseball in the spring and hockey in the winter and every other sport you can imagine during school year. same group of friends played all sports. hak was a 1st baseman as he wasnt good at pitching. made my choice at 16 on what sport to play. seems today those decisions are coming sooner. said rick wilson and jay caufield played a couple sports he thought. at this level what we demand 2 sports are very difficult, we expect a great deal of focus during season and off seasons with physical development. pretty tough to play hockey and another sport

another blog entry from david carle on espn, du recruit from shattuck that has a heart condition that shut his hockey career down but du still honored his scholly

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3737633

Creighton did the same for a basketball recruit with a heart condition... Fortunately he ended up making the team this year. Awesome stories.

just watched HAKS press conferenced today and he was asked about this..not word for word but a summary fo what he said

he said.........everyone has to choose their own path, on one end we are telling kids at age 12 to choose their sport and play 12 months a year and hak said he doesnt believe in that and he said on the other end of the spectrum is become an all around athlete and have fun with the sport you are playing and and the season you are in. hak said he would like to see kids that are 12,13,14,15,16 playing different sports and becoming good athletes and having fun playing the game. the game becomes a business quick enough and yout dont have to rush into that and thats a true feeling from me. corey fienhage wanted to stay and play football last year and it was important to him and we supported it 100%. you can sit back and debate all you like would he been better off leaving highschool and playing ushl, maybe he would ahve been and maybe he wouldnt have been, that depends where coreys hearts at. each individual has to decide whats right for him and my advice is dont make the game a business before you have to. its gona come quick enough where you have to choose your sport and believe me when it gets to this level it gets serious pretty quick and demanding. my advice to younger kids is enjoy what you are doing baseball in the spring, football in the falla and hockey in the winter be an all around athlete and have at what you are doing. marto was a great atlete growing up around here. i think its important. to be good at what you do in sports you have to enjoy it, have passion or else at some point there may be a little bit of a burnout and thats gona create a cieling for you. im not saying there doesnt come a time where you dont have to choose your a sport because you do. once you hit that age of 16,17 and 18 you are coming to a time where you have to make decisions on what sport you are gona choose and what the right path developmentally is for you and there are some hard decisions there and there isnt one correct path that you can just say that is the cookie cutter path that works for everybody. hak said he grew up playing baseball his whole life, we didnt have afootball team in alberta where he grew up.my group of friends we played baseball in the spring and hockey in the winter and every other sport you can imagine during school year. same group of friends played all sports. hak was a 1st baseman as he wasnt good at pitching. made my choice at 16 on what sport to play. seems today those decisions are coming sooner. said rick wilson and jay caufield played a couple sports he thought. at this level what we demand 2 sports are very difficult, we expect a great deal of focus during season and off seasons with physical development. pretty tough to play hockey and another sport

brads story relating to this topic

multi sport athletes

AZ you and I should start having a pick game. 1 point for picking the winning team, 2 points for picking a tie. Pick each game in the WCHA each week and I'll keep score.

alright, lets do it

SIOUX vs GOPHERS in a different way :lol:

lets start this weekend WCHA games only so if the gophers and sioux arent playing in wcha play we pick wcha match ups only

1 point winning team, 2 points if you pick a tie

winner buys the loser a sioux hat or gopher hat of their choice at the end of the year

how does this sound??

i will wait for you to OK this and then we will make our picks in this thread for this weekends game

lets use this format - BOLD winning team and DOUBLE BOLD if you pick a tie for that game - make picks friday before games

FRIDAY

St. Cloud State at North Dakota

Denver at Minnesota State

Michigan Tech at Minnesota-Duluth

SATURDAY

Colorado College at Minnesota

SUNDAY

alright, lets do it

SIOUX vs GOPHERS in a different way :lol:

lets start this weekend WCHA games only so if the gophers and sioux arent playing in wcha play we pick wcha match ups only

1 point winning team, 2 points if you pick a tie

winner buys the loser a sioux hat or gopher hat of their choice at the end of the year

how does this sound??

i will wait for you to OK this and then we will make our picks in this thread for this weekends game

lets use this format - BOLD winning team and DOUBLE BOLD if you pick a tie for that game

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Deal, I like that idea haha. A Gopher or Sioux hat of the winner's choice it is.

I can start a thread if you want and then keep score in it....

Deal, I like that idea haha. A Gopher or Sioux hat of the winner's choice it is.

I can start a thread if you want and then keep score in it....

lets keep it here just to avoid a new thread.....its fine

ill make my picks in the next half hour. lets make sure we dont look then make oppisite picks on purpose. lets be honest with the picks every week

AZSIOUX picks for DEC. 12-13-14

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Alright excellent. Would you also like to do some type of tiebreaker each week and award a point to the winner of that too?

And are we going total points over the remainder of the season? I think that's the best idea. Or we can do week by week and pick a winner each week, using the tiebreaker to do so if we are tied.

Alright excellent. Would you also like to do some type of tiebreaker each week and award a point to the winner of that too?

And are we going total points over the remainder of the season? I think that's the best idea. Or we can do week by week and pick a winner each week, using the tiebreaker to do so if we are tied.

lets do total points through entire REGULAR season then it will end. no tiebreakers per week since we will do it throught the year