SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serviceable against AHA opponents.

But, alas, perhaps that's what CC needs... I dunno.

Yeah but we were told that the AHA is on par with the rest of the NCAA Division one hockey if you listen to the Pundits of college hockey.

:D;):D

Yeah but we were told that the AHA is on par with the rest of the NCAA Division one hockey if you listen to the Pundits of college hockey.

:D:D:D

I can't imagine what UND would be like if they were in the AHA. Sure, we'd probably be undefeated in conference, but what would that prove? We'd probably get skunked in non-conference games against the WCHA, HEA, and the top 2 or 3 CCHA teams. We wouldn't get real top tier recruits...

They are very much on par with the WCHA even on down years. ;)

That being said, I can't help but like Air Force. :)

Personally I think Air Force is ilrelevant and highly over rated. I would love to see UND take them to pieces for two games.

Maybe so, but they are the most relevant AHA team. I can't think of another AHA team that could possibly compete against the WCHA... other than Sacred Heart on Friday. :D

Check out this funny post The clowns from[ url=http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24187] INCH think that Canisius is a dangerous team, to what Division Three? Danger of destroying what; a hotel room?

Matt, East Main Street, NJ: Air Force has plenty of wins on their schedule but, as I see it, their only significant win comes against Colorado College (4-1) and is then followed by a loss against Denver (4-1). I would love to see them finish inside the top ten this year and maybe even make a run in the post season but with such a weak schedule, do you see this as being a reality?

Joe Gladziszewski: Well, considering the less-challenging Atlantic Hockey schedule, Air Force should be able to rack up some wins and earn a spot in the top-10 by season's end. It's tough to judge teams that might not play a lot of other very good teams. Canisius is dangerous in Atlantic Hockey as well as RIT.

Maybe so, but they are the most relevant AHA team. I can't think of another AHA team that could possibly compete against the WCHA... other than Sacred Heart on Friday. :D

Thats why the second half schedule of UND's doesn't scare me all that much we have to play MSU-M, SCSU and C.C. I think UND can go 4-2 for that stretch of games.

Check out this funny post The clowns from[ url=http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24187] INCH think that Canisius is a dangerous team, to what Division Three? Danger of destroying what; a hotel room?

What's so funny?

Canisius and RIT are dangerous in Atlantic Hockey. He never said they'd hold a candle to any of the bigger conference teams.... Although they might be able to beat half of the CCHA, the lower half of the ECACHL, and perhaps Tech.

What's so funny?

Canisius and RIT are dangerous in Atlantic Hockey. He never said they'd hold a candle to any of the bigger conference teams.... Although they might be able to beat half of the CCHA, the lower half of the ECACHL, and perhaps Tech.

I don't think the AHA is even on par with the CCHA lower has-beens. The SOS of the AHA is the bottom of the barrel.

I don't think the AHA is even on par with the CCHA lower has-beens. The SOS of the AHA is the bottom of the barrel.

I think you overestimate how bad the bottom tier of the CCHA really is. MTU is pretty bad this year, but at least they swept NMU.

That's why Miami goes into the post season with a ton of hype and falls flat on their face.

Heck, the fact that, from top to bottom, the WCHA is more competitive means that I'll venture a prediction that, unless Miami plays a CHA or AHA team in the NCAAs, SCSU will get an NCAA win before Miami does.

The CCHA is Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, and, on occasion, MSU. There's always a blip made by UNO or tOSU, but that's about it.

I think you overestimate how bad the bottom tier of the CCHA really is. MTU is pretty bad this year, but at least they swept NMU.

That's why Miami goes into the post season with a ton of hype and falls flat on their face.

Heck, the fact that, from top to bottom, the WCHA is more competitive means that I'll venture a prediction that, unless Miami plays a CHA or AHA team in the NCAAs, SCSU will get an NCAA win before Miami does.

The CCHA is Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, and, on occasion, MSU. There's always a blip made by UNO or tOSU, but that's about it.

Yeah ok, I can agree with that statement. That is a nice way of saying the CCHA is the CupCake Hockey Association. :ohmy:

from brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Bozak to miss rest of regular season

It appears that the Denver Pioneers will be without star forward Tyler Bozak for the rest of the regular season.

Bozak hurt his knee on a knee-to-knee hit with Andrew Sackrison of MSU-Mankato last weekend. Both players were hurt on the play. Bozak, who many people (myself included) picked to be the player of the year in the WCHA, had to have surgery.

According to Denver's site, the target is to have him back for the playoffs.

Bozak is thought to be the most coveted NHL free agent in college hockey.

this is a big time blow for DU, they are very talented as we all know but this kid could have won wcha player of the year if he kept his play up. bozak can flat out play

You seem to have an obsession with the AHA, Goon. You've drawn attention to yourself on the USCHO forums and I couldn't help but respond here.

USAF is legit. They played competitively against Minnesota and Miami in recent tournaments and have a few marquee wins in recent years. As for the AHA, the league is not yet anything close to being a powerhouse in college hockey, but it is still in its developing stages. Canisius, Mercyhurst and my RIT Tigers are three programs on the rise. Interest in college hockey has grown exponentially in Rochester, NY due to RIT's transitional success coupled with the decline of the AHL Amerks. While USAF is currently carrying the flag, I forsee the AHA becoming much more competitive from top-to-bottom in the years to come.

You seem to have an obsession with the AHA, Goon. You've drawn attention to yourself on the USCHO forums and I couldn't help but respond here.

NO, I don't have an obsession with the AHA, I think the league is am utter joke. IF AFA was in the WCHA they probably would be in the middle of the pack. No better than 7th or 8th place. By the way as a former soldier that was in Desert Storm I appreciate what the Air Force did. They saved a lot of American lives, however, their hockey program is over-rated. That silly I not obsessed with your second rate league or Air Force. Duck hunting is an obsession. Beisdes I thought Sioux fans were obsessed with the Gophers. I am pretty sure that I have not drawn any attention do myself. Heck all you have to do is do a google search and you can find me or look at YardBarker.com you will find me there as well. I also am over on Sean Leahy's Going Five hole as well.

I am also NOT the only one that thinks that league is a joke either. I pretty much laid out the facts in why I think that your leauge is a joke in my blog post. Oh by the way Iron Fist we ussually use bigger words than loser, since I have used FACTS on why your league sucks. Look at the numbers your leauge is scraping the bottom of the barrel in the KRACH and the PWR.

I sit here today scratching my head, My favorite football team the Vikings suck and I am hoping the Queens lose today so we can start the fire Brad Childress watch. I am more than miffed of why the Fighting Sioux have played so many games the past 5 years with little or any emotion. Could it be that Hakstol isn't that great of a coach or do we hold the players accountable?

I am more than miffed of why the Fighting Sioux have played so many games the past 5 years with little or any emotion. Could it be that Hakstol isn't that great of a coach or do we hold the players accountable?

I don't hold coaches responsible for the players not playing with emotion. If he puts out a crappy lineup, doesn't develop the players, gets out-coaches, makes bad decisions...then by all means blame Hakstol. But if the Sioux can't put forth a good effort on a regular basis, I put more blame on the players themselves. They are 18-23 year old men, they shouldn't need a coach yelling at them to get them to play with some intensity. Most of them have been playing hockey for the vast majority of their lives, they should know by now that you can't give a 90% effort and still expect to win...even against a uber-crappy MSU team.

Iron Fist:

I think your assessment is spot on and hit the nail on the head. Judging by the response, I think you've hit a nerve.

Iron Fist:

I think your assessment is spot on and hit the nail on the head. Judging by the response, I think you've hit a nerve.

I think Dean made a reappearance. Wow, hit nail on the head huh. I am pretty sure I am not the only one that think the AHA sucks.

I'm not sure if this was posted or not but Jase Weslosky did not make the trip as the goalie for SCSU to the tourney in Florida. Word has it that he might be out for the season with bad grades. I know that was a huge issue this past summer for him too and up until August they weren't even sure he'd start the season. Back up goalie Dunn was the starter for the games this past weekend.

I'm not sure if this was posted or not but Jase Weslosky did not make the trip as the goalie for SCSU to the tourney in Florida. Word has it that he might be out for the season with bad grades. I know that was a huge issue this past summer for him too and up until August they weren't even sure he'd start the season. Back up goalie Dunn was the starter for the games this past weekend.

I heard that as well. That is a huge blow for them. Dunn isn't a bad goalie though.