SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Toews with assists on all 3 Chicago goals last night. He also ended up with 4:36 more ice time than Kane(who had 0 points). You tell me who is more important to that team.

This may have been brought up earlier but an ESPN announcer - I can't remember who it was at the moment - referred to Toews as "The next Bryan Trottier." That's quite a compliment considering Trottier had 1425 points in his career and 6 Stanley Cup rings as a player (4 with the Islanders, 2 with the Penguins) and is in the Hall of Fame! I'm not saying Toews isn't deserving of the praise because he has had quite a season. It's just the start of things to come, watch out for the Blackhawks in a couple years...

On ESPN2, scrolling along the bottom, they list the NHL games on for tonight...they made a mention of the Blackhawks record with and without Toews, which I thought was a nice mention.

Toews has that amazing ability to make everybody around him play so much better.

Will TJ have as much or more impact in the NHL as JT has?

Just a ? to fire out there...I think his work ethic is better than JT's, but pure skill and scoring I give the edge to JT

i don't think "better" is the right word.... it just more in your face...jonny will just make you look silly...tj will run over and then make your partner look silly.... :whistling:

i don't think "better" is the right word.... it just more in your face...jonny will just make you look silly...tj will run over and then make your partner look silly.... :whistling:

who knows. we will have the answer to that for both players in 4-5 years. 2 different styles that are both damn fun to watch

Both guys have unbelievable work ethics, which is why they are as good as they are. I think JT made it look so smooth and easy that it would come off as being just a natural and wouldn't need to work that hard to do it. JT is an unbelievable learner in everything though, as long as he puts his mind to it. Osh is the same way, but like siouxtatoo42 said, TJ is more in-your-face and loves the contact/physical part of the game.

Will TJ have as much or more impact in the NHL as JT has?

Just a ? to fire out there...I think his work ethic is better than JT's, but pure skill and scoring I give the edge to JT

I'm not sure the JT's work ethic is any less than TJ's. I think you just notice TJ's more because he is so in your face with everything he does. (Remember how his freshman year the coaches kept telling him "you can go around them, you don't always have to go through them :whistling: )