SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Parise nets #21 in the first tonight vs. ATL and misses in the shootout.

Travis also failed to win the game for the Devs in the shootout.

JPar appears to be injured again . . . Lowell called up a goalie from Trenton. I'll try and find out his status.

Trade deadline is coming up. You think there's a possibility of Travis getting traded for more of a high scoring center? I know I heard earlier this week that the Devils were looking for a defenseman to quarterback their PP, and a forward, and Dano mentioned that the Devils had a lot of young players to play around with and some room on the salary cap. I don't think they'll trade Travis, and I know they won't trade Zach, but one never knows.

Trade deadline is coming up. You think there's a possibility of Travis getting traded for more of a high scoring center? I know I heard earlier this week that the Devils were looking for a defenseman to quarterback their PP, and a forward, and Dano mentioned that the Devils had a lot of young players to play around with and some room on the salary cap. I don't think they'll trade Travis, and I know they won't trade Zach, but one never knows.

The Devs have 3.6 million in cap room so Lou has said that if they make any moves they will not be blockbuster trades per se. Lou is notorious for not sacrificing the future of the organization in order to win in the present; he always thinks in the long-term, he isn't going to rent a star player at a high cost and have it not work out (Read: rumors of acquiring Sundin or Blake). He is going to "acquire" the best player available for a minimal exchange on his end. That being said, I don't think Lou will make a big trade, meaning giving up our future (Parise/Zajac) or waiving Elias' NTC. I have heard Clarkson's name being thrown around in rumors more than Zajac's and Lou has publicly stated that Parise will not be traded.

In the end I think it's the midget who'll be traded, and possibly also Pelley (though we sent him to Lowell) because basically he's just Madden 2.0 and we can always create another one of those with someone in the system.

The Devs have 3.6 million in cap room so Lou has said that if they make any moves they will not be blockbuster trades per se. Lou is notorious for not sacrificing the future of the organization in order to win in the present; he always thinks in the long-term, he isn't going to rent a star player at a high cost and have it not work out (Read: rumors of acquiring Sundin or Blake). He is going to "acquire" the best player available for a minimal exchange on his end. That being said, I don't think Lou will make a big trade, meaning giving up our future (Parise/Zajac) or waiving Elias' NTC. I have heard Clarkson's name being thrown around in rumors more than Zajac's and Lou has publicly stated that Parise will not be traded.

In the end I think it's the midget who'll be traded, and possibly also Pelley (though we sent him to Lowell) because basically he's just Madden 2.0 and we can always create another one of those with someone in the system.

Trade Gionta! He's having a terrible season. Okay, maybe not terrible, but definitely not up to usual standards. I know he won't trade Zach, and I have a hard time believing he would trade Travis. However, I don't think trading Clarkson would be ideal either, as he's really taken on a role for that team.

Trade Gionta! He's having a terrible season. Okay, maybe not terrible, but definitely not up to usual standards. I know he won't trade Zach, and I have a hard time believing he would trade Travis. However, I don't think trading Clarkson would be ideal either, as he's really taken on a role for that team.

didn't you see Gionta's game last night? He got an amazing rebound goal. If i were lou, i wouldn't even consider trading Brian. It's going to be a tough desicion if he trades anybody, and that's why i'm glad i don't have to make it

There's a report/rumor that Bochenski has been put on waivers

not suprising. he got big minutes with anaheim rigth away and it seems like the same ol story for brandon. good enough to be in the nhl but he must not have it or give enough to stick in a lineup. has he exhausted his ahl time already or is he just a 13th forward that will play when injury happens. someone will pick him up.