SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Almost wound up getting the goal...

the 18 games or so he missed is gona cause him not to win rookie of the year which sucks but they have a hell of a 1-2 punch in him and kane for the future. maybe they will add david toews this next draft :D

Okay, so it's not a former Sioux player, hell not even a former WCHA player . . . but the AHL's QC Flames held a jersey auction this weekend and former Michigan player Eric Nystrom recreated the on-ice striptease scene from Slapshot and it's all kinds of awesome (well, if you're female or you really like Slap Shot).

Watch

This is right up there with Matt Rust's interpretation of Glamorous . . . those Michigan hockey players sure can dance.

the 18 games or so he missed is gona cause him not to win rookie of the year which sucks but they have a hell of a 1-2 punch in him and kane for the future. maybe they will add david toews this next draft :D

And, somehow, trade for Oshie, I'm all over that! Hawks need more Sioux and less Badgers

Two assists for Jonny tonight through 2 periods

While he didn't put any points in the scoresheet, David Hale made points with my 4 year old son today. We were on the glass for the Wild-Flames game. Hale saw my son and I with our Sioux hats on. He cracked a big smile, picked up a puck and tossed over to me for my son.

You're probably right, but hopefully voters will realize that Chicago has a much better record with Toews in the lineup.

AZ,

Any chance Jonesy can/will work his way back into the Phoenix line-up?

not unless a injury happens which may be why the coyotes keep him instead of dealing him before the tuesaday deadline. hes a 5-6 d man in the nhl which is fine but right now keioth yandle brings more to the PP so thats why jones isnt playing.

You're probably right, but hopefully voters will realize that Chicago has a much better record with Toews in the lineup.

thats obvious and unless he catches up numbes wise he wont win it. heck he could at his rate since being back. mueller has been so good as well in phx. he, toews and kane are my top 3

While he didn't put any points in the scoresheet, David Hale made points with my 4 year old son today. We were on the glass for the Wild-Flames game. Hale saw my son and I with our Sioux hats on. He cracked a big smile, picked up a puck and tossed over to me for my son.

That is pretty cool!! David rarely has points on the scoresheet! However, I watched the game today and he was solid on D. He is the definition of a defensive defenseman. Correct me if I am wrong but has he scored one goal in his NHL career?? I do not believe so...but props to David for playing regularly on a pretty good team!!

not unless a injury happens which may be why the coyotes keep him instead of dealing him before the tuesaday deadline. hes a 5-6 d man in the nhl which is fine but right now keioth yandle brings more to the PP so thats why jones isnt playing.

Hey AZ Sioux how are the crowds out there in Phoenix?? I watched a game the other night against Dallas which they won and it looked like a pretty sparse crowd. I went to the San Antonio web page to check on Roche and boy he is looking old in his picture....my how time flies!!

I believe if you look at the numbers Toews is averaging the most points per game of any of the Hawks. There are still 20 or so games to be played and I think he has a good shot at the Calder.

Hey AZ Sioux how are the crowds out there in Phoenix?? I watched a game the other night against Dallas which they won and it looked like a pretty sparse crowd. I went to the San Antonio web page to check on Roche and boy he is looking old in his picture....my how time flies!!

crowds are bad maybe 8,9 and 10 thousand on a regular. they fill up for weekends but thats it or vs detroit and so on as its such a transit city 1st off and not a hockey city 2nd. if they win and get to playoffs they will sell it out every game of course but very rarley sell out during regular season. its also far away in glendale so that didnt help for not being a hockey state ya know. tough to sell out here but wayne has the team heading towards the right direction with the youth movement

That is pretty cool!! David rarely has points on the scoresheet! However, I watched the game today and he was solid on D. He is the definition of a defensive defenseman. Correct me if I am wrong but has he scored one goal in his NHL career?? I do not believe so...but props to David for playing regularly on a pretty good team!!

nope...no goals and only 10 assists in 2.5 seasons worth of games (206 games over 3 3/4 seasons) :

NJD 03-04 65GP 0-4-4 +12 75PIMs 45SOG 15:00ATOI

NJD 05-06 38GP 0-4-4 +5 21PIMs 19SOG 12:03ATOI

CGY 06-07 11GP 0-0-0 -2 10PIMs 12SOG 15:47ATOI

NJD 06-07 43GP 0-1-1 +2 26 PIMs 21SOG 9:41ATOI

CGY 07-08 49GP 0-1-1 +1 40PIMs 29SOG 13:57ATOI (thru 63 games)

nope...no goals and only 10 assists in 2.5 seasons worth of games (206 games over 3 3/4 seasons) :

NJD 03-04 65GP 0-4-4 +12 75PIMs 45SOG 15:00ATOI

NJD 05-06 38GP 0-4-4 +5 21PIMs 19SOG 12:03ATOI

CGY 06-07 11GP 0-0-0 -2 10PIMs 12SOG 15:47ATOI

NJD 06-07 43GP 0-1-1 +2 26 PIMs 21SOG 9:41ATOI

CGY 07-08 49GP 0-1-1 +1 40PIMs 29SOG 13:57ATOI (thru 63 games)

I'd heard that he has the record for most games to start a career without scoring a goal. Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard it on a broadcast somewhere.

Danny Richmond of course ;):blush:

;)

i dont think anyone thinks kane is more important to that team. good hockey minds know that but both are very very important to the growth of the hawks. kane is a damn good player who is 18 years old at that and is a great compliment to jonny on the hawks. they are teammates and trying to build that team and im guessing neihter could care who wins that award when the dust settles. one of them will but when you miss 18 games that doesnt help.

;)

i dont think anyone thinks kane is more important to that team. good hockey minds know that but both are very very important to the growth of the hawks. kane is a damn good player who is 18 years old at that and is a great compliment to jonny on the hawks. they are teammates and trying to build that team and im guessing neihter could care who wins that award when the dust settles. one of them will but when you miss 18 games that doesnt help.

Not that it really makes a difference, but P-Kane is 19 also...same age as JT.