SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

The good news, only a sprain and out three to four weeks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=226395&hubname=nhl

Definitely good news there! However, it will allow Kane to gain on points again in the Calder race. Johnny was catching up to him quite a bit! Kane only leads by 5 points now. Oh well, guess the best news is that it's not too serious of an injury! Let's hope for a quick recovery so we can see him on the ice. I'm not scheduled to see him until February! :lol:

I would think that most of the people who understand hockey see the difference between Kane and JT- Penaly kill, time on ice etc.

I wouldn't agree with that. First of all, I do believe stats drives post season awards. Secondly, JT averages about 20 seconds more of ice time than Kane, so it's not like it's a significant difference. They're two different type players. Kane is the playmaker and Johnny's a scorer. Yes, I do think Johnny is more of the complete player, and I think everyone on the Blackhawks recognizes this too, but I don't see the major difference you mention.

I wouldn't agree with that. First of all, I do believe stats drives post season awards. Secondly, JT averages about 20 seconds more of ice time than Kane, so it's not like it's a significant difference. They're two different type players. Kane is the playmaker and Johnny's a scorer. Yes, I do think Johnny is more of the complete player, and I think everyone on the Blackhawks recognizes this too, but I don't see the major difference you mention.

Anyone have any info on how long JT will be out of the lineup?

As a Chicago fan wrote, all you need to know about the value of the two is this: When Chicago takes a bench minor, Kane serves it and Toews kills it.

Whether that's true or not I don't know, but it sure reads well.

As a Chicago fan wrote, all you need to know about the value of the two is this: When Chicago takes a bench minor, Kane serves it and Toews kills it.

Seems like a great strategy to me, IMO.

Then, if you can get control of the puck as Kane is coming out of the box, it could be a big time breakaway setup. If not, you already have a dynamic player on the ice ready and rested.

hf lightning ahl updates

smaby

Matt Smaby's two-month stint with big club has really helped his confidence. Separating Smaby from the pack is his ability to admit mistakes and correct them. If he gets more ice time and improves on penalty killing, he should earn his way back. Smaby has some offensive game; last season, he recorded 16 points, but has just four this season. Expect to seem him in a bigger role in the second half for Norfolk.

Having watched the Blackhawks often on Center Ice this year, I expect the Blackhawks to have a tough month without JT in the lineup. He is Sharp's forward partner on the first PK unit, and has played a large part in Sharp's tearing it up with SHG's so far. Sharp and Kane have not looked as good, nor have they produced much, since JT was hurt.

Don't know if this was already earlier in this thread, but there was a short article in SI about Kane and Toews, I believe the last issue. One of the things that was in the article, a quote by a rival GM, was that Kane will win you a scoring title, but Toews will win you a Stanley Cup.

Don't know if this was already earlier in this thread, but there was a short article in SI about Kane and Toews, I believe the last issue. One of the things that was in the article, a quote by a rival GM, was that Kane will win you a scoring title, but Toews will win you a Stanley Cup.

exactly and thats why i laugh at the argument of who is better and so forth. who cares. the hawks may have set themselves up for a cup run in 2-4 years with these 2 players. you need different styles of players and thats what kane and toews are. they are both great in their own ways and will both be wearing letters for a long time. man the hawks have really sucked but these 2 draft picks along with the badger haks they have ;) they are in great shape..........watch them draft david toews this next summer middle first round :lol:

Zajac scored an unassisted goal tonight for the Devils.

Derian Hatcher also attempted to bite his finger off but only succeeded in splitting the finger. Travis missed the remainder of the 2nd period and needed stitches.

Zajac with another goal tonight against da B's . . . No one's tried to bite him tonight . . . yet.

NHL let Hatcher off with that, with a warning. Said the video didn't show the actual bite. You could pretty much tell from the video, as Travis yanked his hand out of his glove immediately!

Jonny said (in an interview on CSN) that he wanted to go right back in the game but was told to get off the bench and into the lockerroom. If only he could teach that attitude to Martin Havlat.

LOL, :D Havlat is the new Joe Glass of the NHL.