SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

and Commy's 2 goals in the last 2 games were sweet. The first one was a shot from the right boards, about 5 feet above the circle, that got through about 3 skaters cleanly somehow. the 2nd (last night) was even nicer. he skated into the zone with the puck and just let a slapshot go, beating Dubbie somehow, even though he was about a foot in front of his crease already.

Commy's second goal was similar to one I witnessed at the Old Ralph...

I just can't remember the opponent. The thing that floored me at the time (before Frazee's foibles) was the fact that Commodore was supposed to just dump it into the zone and skate off for a change. He skated just inside the blue line on the penalty box side of the rink and let a slap shot go towards the net. It skipped over the goaltender's stick blade and in. I just remember it because it was so odd to see Commodore score from just inside the blue line with NO ONE between him and the net. How the goaltender could have missed that ...

Phaneuf's contract is up shortly and I heard somewhere where the flames didn't know if they could give him a big deal and specifically a bigger deal than Iginla's because Jarome is the leader and captain of the team.

Tom Reid made a weird comment during the Wild game about the trade deadline being 35 days away and inferred Iginla may be gone.

Tom Reid made a weird comment during the Wild game about the trade deadline being 35 days away and inferred Iginla may be gone.

In other news, the Wild have decided that Iginla would not fit their system. Too much offensive talent for today. Not enough potential for tomorrow. :D

By the way, Goon, watched some of today's B's game vs. the Canadiens. I don't think the Bruins are very good this year. They looked AWFUL.

By the way, Goon, watched some of today's B's game vs. the Canadiens. I don't think the Bruins are very good this year. They looked AWFUL.

That was because they were playing the Habs. They have lost like 6 or 7 games in a row to them.

Hey all, I just received this card in the mail, been waiting for over a year for Upper Deck to get these out.

I have a question, to me, that doesn't look like Stafford's signature. I even compared it to my other Stafford Sigs that I collected personally, and it doesn't even compare. I've looked on ebay, and all the auctions listed for this card show roughly the same signature. Also, does Buffalo have any jersey's that are Black? There was one listed on ebay that was white and RED!

DrewStaffordSPx.jpg

Hey all, I just received this card in the mail, been waiting for over a year for Upper Deck to get these out.

I have a question, to me, that doesn't look like Stafford's signature. I even compared it to my other Stafford Sigs that I collected personally, and it doesn't even compare. I've looked on ebay, and all the auctions listed for this card show roughly the same signature. Also, does Buffalo have any jersey's that are Black? There was one listed on ebay that was white and RED!

DrewStaffordSPx.jpg

The Jersey that Drew is wearing if their 3rd jersey. I love those ones, they are the classic Sabres jerseys.

Is there red in the fabric, or just on the logo? These patches are just from the fabric.

buffalo_550113.jpg

These are pictures of the Sabres jerseys with the old color scheme. The change back to the blue/yellow/white scheme is fairly recent, within the past two seasons I think.

buffalo_550113.jpg

These are pictures of the Sabres jerseys with the old color scheme. The change back to the blue/yellow/white scheme is fairly recent, within the past two seasons I think.

I like the dark blue with the new logo (3rd jersey) of the current Buffalo jerseys, but I also like the black jersey in the image 31-9 posted.

both very cool. I'd happily accept any of those two jerseys if you want to get rid of them. I'll pay shipping! ??? (can't afford to pay anything else, though :angry: )

PlanetUSA's 20-year-old Lee could be on fast track to NHL

"The thing that impressed me about Brian is, when you come into this league, I think one of the toughest positions to play is defense," Bridgeport coach Jack Capuano said. "Because the forwards are fairly skilled, and they're bigger and stronger, and Brian to me has possessed the confidence and the poise that has been incredible for a young guy.

"And the other thing is his discipline and his decision-making has impressed me as well," Capuano added. "He's very skilled offensively, obviously, and a very good power-play guy. Moves the puck, finds holes and loves to jump into the play."

Been watching the Devils pretty religiously over the last 2 years, and Parise is totally out of sorts right now. He is no where to be found during the games. He still skates around with a lot of energy, but the puck is just not his friend right now.

On another note, watching Zajac this year compared to last year, WOW, what a difference. You can tell he has gotten stronger and is incredibly faster this year than he was previously. I think he has really turned out into a solid 2 way center for the Devils. He's gone on a little run while Parise has been slumping, but I think that is because he seems to be shooting more and not looking to make that 1 extra pass.

Devils are just in a funk right now, and I think they will snap out of it once Parise gets out of his slump.

Parise just put a bone-crushing check on a Ranger! Didn't think he had it in him!!!

It was Rosizval awesome.gif. . . Zachy is obviously anxious to redeem himself in the eyes of his coach after being called out in that article. Plus he hates the Rangers, it's in his blood.

I'll post the link to highlights tonight 'cause everyone should see this.

It was Rosizval awesome.gif. . . Zachy is obviously anxious to redeem himself in the eyes of his coach after being called out in that article. Plus he hates the Rangers, it's in his blood.

I'll post the link to highlights tonight 'cause everyone should see this.

Can you post a link to the article - I didn't see that.

Can you post a link to the article - I didn't see that.

Here's the blog post from the Devils beat writer, which refers to the following articles where

1. Sutter says their best players have to play better.

2. Parise and Zajac agree with their coach's comments

It's not anything too bad, but when your Coach tells the media you need to play better you damn well better play better.