SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I'd have to say Toews is making the jump to the NHL quite nicely....he already has scored goals against:

Frederik Norrenna-2

Marty Turco-1

Chris Osgood-1

Ilya Bryzgalov-1

Evegeni Nabokov-1

Jose Theodore-1

JS Giguere-1

Johan Holmqvist-1

Ray Emery-1

Dan Ellis-1

Chris Mason-1

Tim Thomas-1

JS Aubin-1

maybe not all the BEST goalies, but still....Turcs, Ozzie, Breezy, and Nabs are all good.

I'd have to say Toews is making the jump to the NHL quite nicely....he already has scored goals against:

Frederik Norrenna-2

Marty Turco-1

Chris Osgood-1

Ilya Bryzgalov-1

Evegeni Nabokov-1

Jose Theodore-1

JS Giguere-1

Johan Holmqvist-1

Ray Emery-1

Dan Ellis-1

Chris Mason-1

Tim Thomas-1

JS Aubin-1

maybe not all the BEST goalies, but still....Turcs, Ozzie, Breezy, and Nabs are all good.

i think the defense of teams have something to do with goals as well, great start for jonny

i think the defense of teams have something to do with goals as well, great start for jonny

haha ok , ill go for that :D...but yes, no I know what you mean, but he has beat some good GTers, and has been up against some others that he hasnt beaten. he still has yet to get a 2-goal game, but has 2 (or 3) 3-point games..doing very well.

No Blackhawks game on Center Ice tonight :D

I see Skille is in the lineup, must be up to replace one of the injured forwards.

In the pre-game, Troy Murray said the Hawks had too many Badgers and not enough Sioux on the team.

When answereing email questions from the fans, a question basically asked which #19 wearing former Sioux should have their name on the rafters when the number is retired; Troy joked that his name should be because he won a championship as a Sioux. He laughed and then said that Jonny is going to be one of the best all-around players in the league and will one day be in the Hall of Fame.

Jonathan Toews suffered a knee injury during the first period. The standout center will return to Chicago to have the injury evaluated further, but head coach Denis Savard believes it's a second degree strain to Toews' MCL, saying he could be out "two to four weeks, but we'll find out a little more this week."

I didn't get a chance yesterday to mention that Curtis Murphy can add a Spengler Cup to his resume as Team Canada defeated the Russians 2-1 in the final. The Russian team UFA has a payroll of $50 million US and half the team has starred in the NHL, so they thought they were going to come in and dominate the tournament.

Drew Stafford (and Ryan Miller) made special appearances at the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra's concert on Sunday. They joined Tenor Ronan Tynan in playing traditional Irish music.

Here are some pictures:

1633541.jpg

1633507.jpg

Drew Stafford (and Ryan Miller) made special appearances at the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra's concert on Sunday. They joined Tenor Ronan Tynan in playing traditional Irish music.

It's hard to picture the "Fabian" performer and Ronan Tynan on the same stage. :lol: