SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

He might only have a one way contract, I believe he is to be paid 600,000.00 this season. Nice pay check for not doing too much. I read that basically that Milan Lucic is probably holding the spot in the line up that Bochenski could be playing in. Personally I think Bochenski gives the Bruins more options than Lucic who is nothing more than a Goon in my opinion, Lucic was supposed to go back to his junior team but ended up staying with the team... If I was Bochenski I would request a trade a to a team that is in need of offense, There are teams out there that would probably use him. The wrap on Bo is that he can't play defense.

a player who cant even get in a lineup for the bruins requesting a trade, umm sorry... i dont think BO has much say in that matter. now crosby or ovechkin would but not a 19th forward thats scratched every night. who knows where a players games at when he doesnt play. i think he is on a 1 way contract so the bruins could care less as they cant send him down. hopefully they will put him on waivers so he can get a 4th chance somewhere.

He might only have a one way contract, I believe he is to be paid 600,000.00 this season. Nice pay check for not doing too much. I read that basically that Milan Lucic is probably holding the spot in the line up that Bochenski could be playing in. Personally I think Bochenski gives the Bruins more options than Lucic who is nothing more than a Goon in my opinion, Lucic was supposed to go back to his junior team but ended up staying with the team... If I was Bochenski I would request a trade a to a team that is in need of offense, There are teams out there that would probably use him. The wrap on Bo is that he can't play defense.

The Blackhawks could always use more scoring help.

Oh yeah, they already had him & blew it.

Could it be possible that Bochenski is hurt? If so, is there any reason to not put a player on the DL? I've heard some rumblings about a bum ankle.

Nope he's not hurt. The lineup they have is working for them right now so Julien's not going to change it.

From the Coach's own mouth:

Two guys who haven

Yeah, Johnny's goal was awesome. Hello, wcha, ncaa, whoever, please take note. You could see these types of plays at the college level if the games were officiated correctly. In the NHL, skilled players are allowed to be just that. The officials calling the game the way it should be has opened the game up for players like Johnny. I wish our league could get their s&!t together so the quality of the college game could get to that level. Congrats John, keep up the good work.

Yeah, Johnny's goal was awesome. Hello, wcha, ncaa, whoever, please take note. You could see these types of plays at the college level if the games were officiated correctly. In the NHL, skilled players are allowed to be just that. The officials calling the game the way it should be has opened the game up for players like Johnny. I wish our league could get their s&!t together so the quality of the college game could get to that level. Congrats John, keep up the good work.

Couldn't agree more, but it won't happen. A few reasons:

1. Too costly. THey'd have to fire many personnel (including Greg Shepherd) and train in new staff to do it.

2. It would mean McLeod admitting that he was wrong at something. He was wrong about the direction the WCHA officiating was going. He was wrong that hiring Greg Shepherd full time would solve the officiating problem... and so on. Administrators with egos like McLeod's are many things, but they are NEVER wrong (in their eyes anyways).

Couldn't agree more, but it won't happen. A few reasons:

1. Too costly. THey'd have to fire many personnel (including Greg Shepherd) and train in new staff to do it.

2. It would mean McLeod admitting that he was wrong at something. He was wrong about the direction the WCHA officiating was going. He was wrong that hiring Greg Shepherd full time would solve the officiating problem... and so on. Administrators with egos like McLeod's are many things, but they are NEVER wrong (in their eyes anyways).

I know he is commissioner and is going to interact with the head of officials, but when I saw Sheppard, McLeod and Brad Sheppard at the Green Mill after the Michigan St. game last week, I had to wonder if McLeod is blinded by his relationship with Sheppard to the point that he can't actually see the state of officiating in the WCHA. I heard OKeefe and Hennessey say how refreshing it was how fast the game went in Northeastern because the refs had a no nonsense approach to dropping the puck and such. Some of Sheppard's cronies seem to want to be the star of the show, rather than the players. It would be nice if they let guys like Toews be the star of the show by officiating the game correctly.

I know he is commissioner and is going to interact with the head of officials, but when I saw Sheppard, McLeod and Brad Sheppard at the Green Mill after the Michigan St. game last week, I had to wonder if McLeod is blinded by his relationship with Sheppard to the point that he can't actually see the state of officiating in the WCHA. I heard OKeefe and Hennessey say how refreshing it was how fast the game went in Northeastern because the refs had a no nonsense approach to dropping the puck and such. Some of Sheppard's cronies seem to want to be the star of the show, rather than the players.

Should have sent them a serving of carrot juice for vision... :silly:

From the Raleigh News and Observer:

Watch for Chad LaRose to return to left wing with Rod Brind'Amour and Justin Williams, with call-up Ryan Bayda getting a look with Cory Stillman and Eric Staal. The Canes really liked Bayda's training camp and would still like to see what he can do.

With 3 big injuries (Erik Cole, Scott Walker, and Andrew Ladd) the Hurricanes had to call up 2 forwards, Keith Aucoin and Ryan Bayda, to fill in the slots.

In other news, Commodore is back in playing form. Looked good against Philly

FORMER SIOUX - UPDATES as much as i could find

NHL

Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils - 2-8=10 pts

Jonathan Toews - Chicago Blackhawks - 2-4=6 pts

Travis Zajac - New Jersey Devils - 3-3-=6 pts

Matt Smaby - Tampa Bay Lightning - 3 GP

Brandon Bochenski - Boston Bruins - 0 GP

Matt Jones - Phoenix Coyotes - 7 GP (playing well)

Drew Stafford - Buffalo Sabres - 1-2=3 pts

Mike Commodore - Carolina Hurricanes - 4 GP (just returned from missing a few games to injury)

Jason Blake - Toronto Maple Leafs - 2-6=8 pts

Ryan Johnson - St. Louis Blues - 1-1=2 pts

Matt Greene - Edmonton Oilers - 1 assist. (top 3 d man)

David Hale - Calgary Flames - 2 GP

AHL

Travis Roche - San Antonio/Phoenix Coyotes - 4 GP, 4 assists

Karl Goehring - Wilkes Barre Scranton -

Chris Porter - Peoria/St. Louis - 6 GP, 2 assists

Andy Schneider - Portland - 3 GP, 1 assist

Brian Lee- Binghamton/Ottawa - 5 GP, 4 assists

Ryan Bayda - Albany/Carolina (just called up) - 4 GP, 1 goal

Colby Genoway - Manitoba - 7 GP, 4-4=8 pts, tied for 8th in league scoring

Jordan Parise - Lowell - 1-1-0 (i think he may have a injury right now)

Brady Murray - Manchester/LA Kings - LA 4 GP, 1 goal, manchester 2 GP

ECHL

Derrick Byfuglien - Pensacola Ice Pilots - 2 GP, 1 assist

Erik Fabian - Pensacola Ice Pilots - 2 GP, 1 assist

CHL

Brad Williamson - Colorado Eagles - 2 GP, 1-2=3 pts

Aaron Schneekloth - Colorado Eagles - 2 GP, 2-2=4 pts

Mike Possin - Austin Ice Bats -

SWISS ELITE

Curtis Murphy - Lugano -

Brad Defauw - Nordsjaelland Cobras

Landon Wilson - Lugano

Nick Naumenko - Ambri-Piotta

David Lundbohm - HC Langenthal - 2 GP, 1-2=3 pts

SWEDEN

Lee Goren - Skelleftea AIK - 11 GP, 4-3=7 pts

Ed Belfour - Leksands -

DEL

Jason Ulmer - Hannover - 14 gp, 4-6=10 pts

Jeff Ulmer - Frankfurt - 15 GP, 6-9=15pts

Jeff Panzer - D

FORMER SIOUX - UPDATES as much as i could find

EIHL-UK

Mike Prpich - Cardiff Devils -

Mike had a little problem with his work visa so he didn't play as anticipated this past week end. It should be ironed out this week and he's expected to play this coming week end.