SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Parise puts in #23 on the year, right after Travis gets in a wrestling match with a Hurricane.

EDIT: Zajac gets the first start of the game but couldn't come out on the ice, because he was sent to the locker room after his wrestling match. :lol:

Had to laugh. After Travis got into his wrestling match Doc said something to the effect of "I bet Coach Hakstol, Travis' coach from North Dakota didn't know Travis was a fighter" (or something like that). Guess Doc hasn't gotten the word - ALL the Sioux players and their coach are all GOONS! :lol::D

Ek from Hockey Buzz is reporting it.

This doesn't surprise me.

Ottawa started but wouldn't give him a fair shake. He's not a Toews or Kane or Crosby or whatever who can simply walk into the NHL and simply light it up.

His rep for not having much of a defensive game is also problematic.

Too bad for Bo though. It would have been nice to see a team actually give him a shot for a full season.

This doesn't surprise me.

Ottawa started but wouldn't give him a fair shake. He's not a Toews or Kane or Crosby or whatever who can simply walk into the NHL and simply light it up.

His rep for not having much of a defensive game is also problematic.

Too bad for Bo though. It would have been nice to see a team actually give him a shot for a full season.

how many teams do you have to go through before its not the teams fault anymore and maybe its BO which it is. hes a damn good player but is missing something

how many teams do you have to go through before its not the teams fault anymore and maybe its BO which it is. hes a damn good player but is missing something

Agree. It would be one thing if he was only get the opportunity to play a few games in mid-season, but he's had chances during training camps, like everyone else. Coaches select players who show that they're going to work hard for you throughout a game and a season. Bo has a hell of a shot, but there's a lot more to the game than that.

Parise puts in #23 on the year, right after Travis gets in a wrestling match with a Hurricane.

EDIT: Zajac gets the first start of the game but couldn't come out on the ice, because he was sent to the locker room after his wrestling match. :lol:

Man, I stepped out with like 3 minutes left in regulation and I missed that. Travis should have punched the guy just to get the Gordie Howe.

I hope the highlights have the "hit" a Cane tried to put on Parise in the first. Gleason went in for the big open ice hit but instead he kind of just bounced off of Zach who just stood there.

Man, I stepped out with like 3 minutes left in regulation and I missed that. Travis should have punched the guy just to get the Gordie Howe.

I hope the highlights have the "hit" a Cane tried to put on Parise in the first. Gleason went in for the big open ice hit but instead he kind of just bounced off of Zach who just stood there.

i heard when i was doing my internship with the coyotes that gordie howe only did that 1 time in his career which makes that name of having a goal, assist and a fight kind of funny as i sure many players have done that. interesting note.....

well, with Commy now gone to the Sens as of a couple games ago, I now have only Bayda to rely upon for my Former Sioux on the Canes. good thing he is getting a good chance to stay up right now with all of the injuries and sickness. 3rd line with Scott Walker and Keither Aucoin. they work hard. good line. Bayda has been getting lots of good chances and good looks to the net. other than the goal the other night, he always seems to anxious to get the puck in that he fans or whiffs the shot. had a wide open net in the first and fanned the shot, so Brodeur was able to block it. sad.....

Did anyone see Brian Engblom in the 2nd intermission of the Detroit and Colorado game? He was talking about fighting in hockey, using Toronto and Edmonton (I think those 2) as an example. He was quite animated, and even stood up on the set to demonstrate. The guy next to him thought he was going to bop someone! :lol:

I hope Lucia and Gwoz were watching!

EDIT: I think it was in the 1st intermission.

I doubt it!! The Hawks just may make the playoffs! Although I don't think the Osh can grow one yet either.

i would say we could install a "cant sign a pro contract until you can grow a beard rule" :lol: that would work out ok for us, except i think watkins could have signed after his sophmore year of high school :lol: now that is a playoff beard!

No one seems to know exactly what's wrong with Jordan Parise.

Speculation seems to suggest one of the following:

a. He never really recovered from the concussion.

b. He sustained another concussion.

c. He's left hockey to concentrate on his music career. :lol:

Whatever it is, it doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon. The Baby Devs called up a goalie from the ECHL to fill JPar's roster spot, and normally the Baby-Baby Devs just sign an emergency backup to sit on the bench, but this time they went and traded for another goalie so . . .

No one seems to know exactly what's wrong with Jordan Parise.

Speculation seems to suggest one of the following:

a. He never really recovered from the concussion.

b. He sustained another concussion.

c. He's left hockey to concentrate on his music career. :lol:

Whatever it is, it doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon. The Baby Devs called up a goalie from the ECHL to fill JPar's roster spot, and normally the Baby-Baby Devs just sign an emergency backup to sit on the bench, but this time they went and traded for another goalie so . . .

why didnt they just sign frazee? :lol:

Watched the Blues vs. Chicago game tonight on Vs. (well, 2nd and 3rd periods anyways).

Chicago wasn't sharp at all.

REALLY bad passing. HORRIBLE discipline. Backes got pummeled into the boards from behind by Ruutu.

As good as this Hawks team could be, they aren't there yet.