SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I'm waiting for my gameworn Peoria Porter jersey to come. Sadly he didn't score his first goal in it.

I'd love to go to Chicago and wear my gameworn Porter when the Blues play the 'Hawks!! Three Fighting Sioux alum in my hometown!!! I get all ver clempt at the thought!

Was listening to the Blackhawks podcast and the host and assistant GM were discussing Brian Bickel who is on their AHL affiliate Rochester (the assistant GM wasn't very high on him-said he's inconsistant and doesn't work very hard :lol:). Just curious if anyone knows if he's any relation to Stu Bickel.

Was listening to the Blackhawks podcast and the host and assistant GM were discussing Brian Bickel who is on their AHL affiliate Rochester (the assistant GM wasn't very high on him-said he's inconsistant and doesn't work very hard :lol:). Just curious if anyone knows if he's any relation to Stu Bickel.

No, he isn't. He spells it Bickell. Also he plays for Rockford, not Rochester. :D

Perry Berezan and his son were featured on Hockey Day in Canada from Winkler and they indicated that his son dreams of one day playing in Grand Forks. He looks like he is about twelve or thirteen so a few years away yet.

Yeah....

Not a former player, but his teams playing Drew Stafford's team...Richard Zednik just had a main artery in his neck cut by a teammates skate (Jokinen) in tonight's Sabres/Panthers. Pretty graphic sight...I'm sure they'll talk about it on SportsCenter, but will be interesting to see if they show it. He's in stable condition right now. Buffalo fans with a standing ovation when they got that news. Great site after an awful scene.

Not a former player, but his teams playing Drew Stafford's team...Richard Zetnik just had a main artery in his neck cut by a teammates skate (Jokinen) in tonight's Sabres/Panthers. Pretty graphic sight...I'm sure they'll talk about it on SportsCenter, but will be interesting to see if they show it. He's in stable condition right now. Buffalo fans with a standing ovation when they got that news. Great site after an awful scene.

I came in after the accident and what was so wierd was that for the longest time I thought it was a Buffalo player because the Buffalo players and coaches looked so much more concerned than Florida. Awful thing to happen.

On a side note, Stafford is out 2-3 weeks with a "sprained ankle". Saw the hit that he got hurt on (legal, but HARD hit from Chara) and at least at that point when he was trying to get off the ice it looked more like a knee. I'm sure Stafford's doctors know more about it than I do though.

I came in after the accident and what was so wierd was that for the longest time I thought it was a Buffalo player because the Buffalo players and coaches looked so much more concerned than Florida. Awful thing to happen.

On a side note, Stafford is out 2-3 weeks with a "sprained ankle". Saw the hit that he got hurt on (legal, but HARD hit from Chara) and at least at that point when he was trying to get off the ice it looked more like a knee. I'm sure Stafford's doctors know more about it than I do though.

I saw the hit too, and if it makes you feel better, I thought it was a knee too. :silly:

The entire arena was absolutely quiet after the accident tonight. It was really quite eery. Been watching hockey now for over 25 years now, and that incident was one I've never seen before live, nor ever hope to see again.

Jon had a hell of a night back. Reading some stuff a couple days before he came back, Sutter said he was only going to play him on special teams situations, but played him ALL NIGHT.

His stats from Sunday:

1 assist

Plus 1 for the night

Played 22:43 minutes

2 shots on goal

1 Giveaway

1 Takeaway

15 faceoffs won, 4 faceoffs lost = 79%

Guess he's feeling OK :silly: Yea!!!

Jon had a hell of a night back. Reading some stuff a couple days before he came back, Sutter said he was only going to play him on special teams situations, but played him ALL NIGHT.

His stats from Sunday:

1 assist

Plus 1 for the night

Played 22:43 minutes

2 shots on goal

1 Giveaway

1 Takeaway

15 faceoffs won, 4 faceoffs lost = 79%

Guess he's feeling OK :silly: Yea!!!

Didn't realize Sutter was coaching this team again :lol:

I believe you meant Savard.

Watching the Sabre/Bruin game and Stafford took a hit from Chara and almost had to crawl to the bench. Haven't seen him out there since. Hope it's not too bad.

By the way, anybody know why they boo Chara in Boston. Did he use to play for them? I know he played for Ottowa.

Chara plays for Boston?