SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

If they were to travel to Forks, I would like to see them in 2011 as we only have three home games lined up so far. "Next year" (2010) we already have five home games lined up.

Personally I don't think they will travel up here since they are/will be an FBS team in 2012 but who knows?

The first year they are FBS, they won't have an automatic SunBelt schedule.

USA Jaguars

USA’s 2009 schedule currently includes contests against an NCAA Division III school, two junior colleges and four prep schools. While the Jaguars will have approximately 40-45 scholarship players in the fall, they will need a minimum of three seasons to reach the NCAA I-A/FBS limit of 85 student-athletes on scholarship since the school can offer no more than 30 in one year from 2008-10.

The Jaguars will be an unclassified NCAA program their first two seasons of competition before beginning a two-year transition to the NCAA I-A/FBS level. USA will count as an NCAA I-AA/FCS school on opponents’ schedules in 2011, but will be considered an NCAA I-A/FBS opponent for schools the next fall. In 2013, the Jags will be eligible for a bowl and the Sun Belt Conference championship for the first time in school history.

As the school builds the program’s schedule leading up to its first season as an NCAA I-A/FBS institution in 2013, the aim is for opponents to be on a relatively equal level as it relates to skill level and number of scholarship players in the program.

I'm a little confused about the 2010 schedule. Earlier in the thread, it was said that we are playing Northeastern St, a Division II school on September 18 of 2010 (which was linked to an article). In the Wiki schedule for 2010, it says we are playing Northwestern State at home that date, which is linked to a thread on Katfans regarding Northwestern States 2010 schedule. Anyone know what's going on with that?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess he thought that going from scheduling 7 non conference games to scheduling 3 non conference games would fix all his problems.

But when we were in transition, we were scheduling home/home with other scholarship programs.

Now we're trying to bring in teams for guarantee games. Tougher sell.

Week old news, but I didn't see it in this thread...

USF/UND Reschedule Football Game

The University of Sioux Falls football team’s non conference matchup with the University of North Dakota later this year has been rescheduled for Oct. 17, 2009 at 1:00 p.m., USF announced today. The Cougars and the Fighting Sioux were originally scheduled to meet at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday Oct. 15. The Oct. 17 game will still be held at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks, N.D.

Congrats to them. They are probably more talented than a lot of DII schools out there. They have a good program. That will be a nice rivalry with them and Augy especially if they get into the NSIC.

I believe they will get into the ever-expanding NSIC. I wonder whether Morningside will follow? Or possibly this will open the door for Minot State?

I believe they will get into the ever-expanding NSIC. I wonder whether Morningside will follow? Or possibly this will open the door for Minot State?

The NSIC would seem the first look. They're 14 right now.

Morningside or Minot would seem to be the logical guesses, followed by Dickinson maybe?

I'd think Morningside would have the better time of it (but UMary would hope for Minot for travel-partner sake).

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted other announcements and nobody's minded so I guess I'll post this here as well. USD just landed a 2012 game at Northwestern.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/...release_id=5122

So it's 2010-Minnesota and Central Florida, 2011-Wisconsin, 2012-Northwestern.

Kind of cool and really ties into our recruiting well. We pull many of our kids from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Chicago, and Florida right now the way it is. These games should only help recruiting those areas in the future.

I've posted other announcements and nobody's minded so I guess I'll post this here as well. USD just landed a 2012 game at Northwestern.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/...release_id=5122

So it's 2010-Minnesota and Central Florida, 2011-Wisconsin, 2012-Northwestern.

Kind of cool and really ties into our recruiting well. We pull many of our kids from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Chicago, and Florida right now the way it is. These games should only help recruiting those areas in the future.

Nice slate of games, I'm envious of the 2011 trip to Madison. If UND could ever get that put together with a couple of hockey games at Kohl Center the same weekend...that would be one for the books.

• 4 weeks later...