SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

In the same spirit that brought everyone together to fight the flooding, now would be a good time to call a truce to the hostilities between the two schools and get this game scheduled for this year.

Play the game in Fargo, raise the ticket prices with the money going to the flood victims. Have a return game at Grand Forks at the next available opening on the teams schedules.

What has happened in the past is the past, you will never get everyone to see it the same way.

In the same spirit that brought everyone together to fight the flooding, now would be a good time to call a truce to the hostilities between the two schools and get this game scheduled for this year.

Play the game in Fargo, raise the ticket prices with the money going to the flood victims. Have a return game at Grand Forks at the next available opening on the teams schedules.

What has happened in the past is the past, you will never get everyone to see it the same way.

Here here!

Lets hope Chapman will give the OK to Taylor to begin negotiating with Faison.

The ideal in my mind would be a home/home starting in Fargo in 09 and return to GF in 2012. The reasoning there is that we'll be going for 1 BCS game each season and we should have Montana State in Fargo 2010 and will have Geo Sourthern in Fargo 2011.

I heard that UND has another game. Someone said that Waynes World blog on the Herald is saying it is Stony Brook University. I can't open it at work. Can someone check that blog and paste it one here?

Here it is. Decent addition except for the date.

UND finds 11th game - Stony Brook

UND will play an 11-game football schedule in the fall.

UND will play Stony Brook University on Oct. 10 in the Alerus Center. That will be UND's fifth home game. The Sioux will play six road gams.

Stony Brook is a Division I FCS program that plays in the Big South Conference. The New York school finished 5-6 last season.

UND was looking for a Sept. 12 home game that would serve as the Potato Bowl. However, UND's home opener now won't be until Oct. 3 against South Dakota. That also will be UND's homecoming.

In addition, UND's game against Sioux Falls has been pushed back to Oct. 17. Initially, it was scheduled for Oct. 15.

With the addition of Stony Brook, UND will have all of its home games between Oct. 3 and Nov. 7.

Not sure what will happen with the Potato Bowl, which traditionally has been played in early September.

Posted by: Wayne Nelson on 4/01/2009 at 1:24 PM

Very happy that they were able to work out a deal with Stony Brook. Despite the rotten set up for the dates, IMO it is better than A) 4 home games, and B) 3 non-DI opponents. Glad to have a non-conference DI opponent coming to the Alerus.

It would have been nice if Sioux Falls or Southern Oregon could have been pushed up to the Sept. 12 date, but apparently not.

I'm happy to hear this as well. Scheduling is proving to be very tough for a lot of teams right now and getting a FCS team to come to the Alerus is a good deal. Nice work to those in charge of scheduling. Another year of scheduling during this tough probationary period is done. Hopefully it gets a little easier from here on out. Good work Fighting Sioux.

I'm happy to hear this as well. Scheduling is proving to be very tough for a lot of teams right now and getting a FCS team to come to the Alerus is a good deal. Nice work to those in charge of scheduling. Another year of scheduling during this tough probationary period is done. Hopefully it gets a little easier from here on out. Good work Fighting Sioux.

Ditto. Too bad about 9/12, but I'm sure they did everything they could.

It is very nice to see them lock up a respectable FCS team for the home schedule. Initially I didn't like the fact that they have a bye week after the opener against Texas Tech but it could be a blessing before we go on the road for two tough games.

I am glad that our administration did everything they could to get the fans a FCS home game, even if that meant kicking back the start of the home slate a few weeks. Lets give Mr. Schepp and Mr. Faison some credit for making this happen. Like others said, they could have settled for another D2 or NAIA team on Sept 12th.

Spring Game is April 25th!

I agree that it is nice to see another FCS school on the home schedule! Don't know too much about Stony Brook but glad they are willing to come out to Nodak. Does anyone know if it's a part of a home and home agreement?

Not sure about the home and home but it would be great if it was. Put that on the 1010-11 schedule along with possibly a FBS road game and we would be sitting at 10 games with 5 road and 5 home. We would only need to find one more. I'm just happy that we can start discussing scheduling for two seasons from now in this forum and we got a home game above a DII.

According to http://travisliles.com/schedules/2009/bigsouth.html that would mean Stony Brook is only playing 4 home games this year.

That doesn't make much sense for an established, scholarship FCS program. I wonder if one of those other away games was supposed to be a home game?

I just double checked the locations of their OOC games and 4 of the 5 will be on the road to go along with a 3/3 h/a split for their conference games.

Home and home would be awesome, especially if the game at Stony Brook is in September. You could catch a Yankees or Mets game on the weekend and make a real trip of it in NYC.

In the next couple of years it would be great to get a series with Maine or UNH and pair it with a hockey series.

I see in moving the Sioux Falls game to Saturday, they also bumped up the start time to 1:00. Unless there happens to be a hockey game that day, I wish they'd keep it as an evening kickoff.

Perusing through the Schedule Thread in the hockey forum, it looks as if the Sioux-Gopher series at REA falls on this particular weekend! I don't know if that is good or bad for a football game with an NAIA team, but it does mean that there will probably be alot of extra people in town that weekend. Hopefully they make a day of it and attend both games. I know I intend to.

And so far it looks like back-to-back weekends of Football & Hockey on the same day as apparently the hockey team will host Merrimack the same day the FB team hosts Stony Brook. I always look forward to all day Fighting Sioux events.......

What is this stuff about South Alabama? When would we play them and where?

Its can't be for next years schedule it's for the following years. As far as where we would play them who knows. Maybe a home and home could be worked out. I like that they are getting on these things early as the closer you get to seasons starting the harder it is to find teams with open dates. The sooner something gets worked out the better for both schools. It will be one less game to schedule although with all the schools on the east coast its a little easier for North Alabama to find teams than it is for us.

Its can't be for next years schedule it's for the following years. As far as where we would play them who knows. Maybe a home and home could be worked out. I like that they are getting on these things early as the closer you get to seasons starting the harder it is to find teams with open dates. The sooner something gets worked out the better for both schools. It will be one less game to schedule although with all the schools on the east coast its a little easier for North Alabama to find teams than it is for us.

Not sure where USA would fall into the schedule. 2011 USA will count as an FCS school on opponents schedules. 2012 they will count as an FBS school. Typically FBS schools don't travel to FCS schools so I would think if UND scheduled them, it would be an away game. Since they are a start up program transitioning to FBS, perhaps they would travel to UND in 2011 and we would return a game in 2012. Hard to speculate...

Not sure where USA would fall into the schedule. 2011 USA will count as an FCS school on opponents schedules. 2012 they will count as an FBS school. Typically FBS schools don't travel to FCS schools so I would think if UND scheduled them, it would be an away game. Since they are a start up program transitioning to FBS, perhaps they would travel to UND in 2011 and we would return a game in 2012. Hard to speculate...

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Maybe we could get them to travel next year. Only problem is with all of the FCS schools down south and out east they could travel a lot shorter distance for a game. Maybe they would be willing to help out a school in transition though since they are going through it as well. Either way I like to hear about scheduling earlier than the spring before the season starts.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Maybe we could get them to travel next year. Only problem is with all of the FCS schools down south and out east they could travel a lot shorter distance for a game. Maybe they would be willing to help out a school in transition though since they are going through it as well. Either way I like to hear about scheduling earlier than the spring before the season starts.

If they were to travel to Forks, I would like to see them in 2011 as we only have three home games lined up so far. "Next year" (2010) we already have five home games lined up.

Personally I don't think they will travel up here since they are/will be an FBS team in 2012 but who knows?

If they were to travel to Forks, I would like to see them in 2011 as we only have three home games lined up so far. "Next year" (2010) we already have five home games lined up.

Personally I don't think they will travel up here since they are/will be an FBS team in 2012 but who knows?

Oops thats what I meant. Now that the schedule is done I was confusing myself. I was thinking the next year of our schedule we're working on but didn't type that way. Anyways yeah, you get what I half assed said.