SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

That's an awesome announcement.

I worry about about the Griz not returning the game, as their and other Big Sky schools history suggests (Montana St., Idaho St.). I would think that Faison learned his lesson from Idaho St. last season and commanded a hefty buyout clause. However I don't think North Dakota is in much of a position to be commanding much of anything from Montana.

But I'm optimistic because they have been travelling a little more lately......Cal Poly last year, UC Davis this year, and I think Poly again next year.

I worry about about the Griz not returning the game, as their and other Big Sky schools history suggests (Montana St., Idaho St.). I would think that Faison learned his lesson from Idaho St. last season and commanded a hefty buyout clause. However I don't think North Dakota is in much of a position to be commanding much of anything from Montana.

But I'm optimistic because they have been travelling a little more lately......Cal Poly last year, UC Davis this year, and I think Poly again next year.

Good get - I have a feeling if something comes their way (another home game) the return game may not happen. I'd be fun to look at the contract.

Is it just a home/home?

I know Cal Poly is getting 2 home games and 3 away games with their latest Montana contract

SDSU did a 2 for 1 with Montana before being snubbed on the return trip

If UND got a straight home/home (that Montana fulfills) that is pretty impressive

Even if Montana buys the game out, the game in Montana makes it all worthwhile. They can use the buyout money to help secure another home game. It looks like there is a real possibility of 6 home games next year. . Except it sure would be nice to have more teams in our league. Scheduling would be a lot easier. Hopefully things will work out down the road. Everything about the future seems to be bright. Can't wait.

Is it just a home/home?

I know Cal Poly is getting 2 home games and 3 away games with their latest Montana contract

SDSU did a 2 for 1 with Montana before being snubbed on the return trip

If UND got a straight home/home (that Montana fulfills) that is pretty impressive

As of right now it is being reported as a home/home. Of course we may learn something different later. I just hope that Montana actually makes the trip to Grand Forks.

Kolpack blog. He neglects to mention that Montana is also playing at UC Davis this year, further refuting the idea that they never travel for non-conference games.

Kolpack is almost trying to make fun of the fact that UND signed a home and away with Montana. As I said before, whether the game in Grand Forks ever happens, the game in Montana is fantastic. Kolpack just begrudgingly doesn't seem to want to give Faison or UND credit for doing some very positive things for their schedules.(or at least trying)

Kolpack is almost trying to make fun of the fact that UND signed a home and away with Montana. As I said before, whether the game in Grand Forks ever happens, the game in Montana is fantastic. Kolpack just begrudgingly doesn't seem to want to give Faison or UND credit for doing some very positive things for their schedules.(or at least trying)

He'd claim otherwise, but Kolpack is always shilling for all things NDSU. A family tradition. (See the writings of father Ed.) You'll be waiting a long time to find a positive tone to anything he writes regarding UND. Return game or not, this is all good news for the Sioux.

According to the article in the GFH it looks like we have two FBS games..

The Sioux schedule could be even more demanding next season.

In addition to Montana, UND is tentatively scheduled to play Division I FBS games at Idaho and Northern Illinois.

According to the article in the GFH it looks like we have two FBS games..

The Sioux schedule could be even more demanding next season.

In addition to Montana, UND is tentatively scheduled to play Division I FBS games at Idaho and Northern Illinois.

Nice. Faison has done a good job.

Good game if you can go out there and win, then ND dominates Montana in FB!!!! boy would that P-off the e-grizers :sad:

I hope so.

Big Sky > Summit League/Gateway Conference

also the Summit was #26 in RPI last year the BSC was #24 Summit actually passed the BSC once in the regular season, the BSC is not as strong of a conference as you like to think but your hatred for NDSU causes you to distort the truth.

Also there is no more Gateway conference it is now called the Missouri Valley Football Conference

and last year was the first year in 6 that the BSC was ahead in the Final RPI of the MVFC with a #18 and the MVFC at #21 but the MVFC as a conference had a 3point higher Strength of Schedule

so that argument doesn't stick

Montana is no longer under a major budget crisis, so you should be in good shape for the return game. However, If Montana had truly turned over a new leaf, they would be traveling on the front end for a change. Until they do, the media will continue to talk about buyouts. They played in Poly and are traveling to Davis, so your 2013 game looks pretty solid I'd say. Should be a coulple of great games.

He'd claim otherwise, but Kolpack is always shilling for all things NDSU. A family tradition. (See the writings of father Ed.) You'll be waiting a long time to find a positive tone to anything he writes regarding UND. Return game or not, this is all good news for the Sioux.

Name a gf reporter that's not in the tank for UND? It's a requirement for employment in gf. Fact is Montana has a history of buying out away games. Was there any mention of what the buy out was?

A poster on Bisonville said that Brian Faison was just on KFGO and said that the buy-out clause was $150,000 or $250,000. Anyone hear the broadcast?

I did not hear it, but if true, that would be great news. Makes it almost impossible to financially justify a buyout for Montana. And if even if they can justify it, then we get a huge check for not even playing and eventually could turn it around into one, maybe even two great home game opportunities with some other high-profile programs at The Alerus.

A poster on Bisonville said that Brian Faison was just on KFGO and said that the buy-out clause was $150,000 or $250,000. Anyone hear the broadcast?

From Wayne's World Blog:

UND's home-and-home football contract with Montana calls for a $100,000 buyout. After the home-and-home contract was announced earlier this week, there was some speculation that Montana may not return the game.

I wouldn't take too much comfort in the buyout - It's been stated over at eGriz that the Montana athletic dept. nets over 1/2 million per home game. But you'd get a nice check for the cost of going out there. You have to remember they pay well over $50,000.00 for teams to come into Griz Stadium so writing a 100,000 check wouldn't bother them to much if they got a good home game.

I wouldn't take too much comfort in the buyout - It's been stated over at eGriz that the Montana athletic dept. nets over 1/2 million per home game. But you'd get a nice check for the cost of going out there. You have to remember they pay well over $50,000.00 for teams to come into Griz Stadium so writing a 100,000 check wouldn't bother them to much if they got a good home game.

Negative Nelly. :lol: