SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

I don't mind evening games at all. But I'm rather disappointed that the USF game is on a Thursday night. It just makes it more difficult for those of us who live out of town and have to work the next day. I may have to skip that game. And with only 4 home games, is not worth me renewing my season tickets if I will be missing one of them.

I don't mind evening games at all. But I'm rather disappointed that the USF game is on a Thursday night. It just makes it more difficult for those of us who live out of town and have to work the next day. I may have to skip that game. And with only 4 home games, is not worth me renewing my season tickets if I will be missing one of them.

There will be a 5th home game, guaranteed.

I agree. I do not like Thursday night games whatsoever. UND needs to expand its football fans beyond the Grand Forks area. Thursday night games are not the way to do that.

I guess we'll see after the fall. Personally I liked the Thursday night home opener, but there we a lot of other things that helped that. Like the students coming back the day before. In general I prefer the 1pm start but I'm willing to try both and let the attendence numbers speak for themselves.

I agree about the negatives of playing a mid-season Thursday night game. Although I do like the idea of the Thursday home-opener like we had last year.

I really like the predominant switch to night games in general. The 1:00 start pretty much blows the whole day for anyone who is travelling any great distance. I think the switch to evening games will greatly help attendance, regardless of the opponent.

Does anyone know which school turned UND down for the 12th? Why does that Wayne's blog and UND keep this stuff top secret? As a sports fan I like to know these things, but UND and the Herald treat the program like its an episode of Lost. Little hints to keep coming back. I guess it works, but it still sucks.

The AD needs to get creative and get us a game on the 12th.

Does anyone know which school turned UND down for the 12th? Why does that Wayne's blog and UND keep this stuff top secret? As a sports fan I like to know these things, but UND and the Herald treat the program like its an episode of Lost. Little hints to keep coming back. I guess it works, but it still sucks.

The University of South Alabama announced it's first schedule, which includes a hodge-poadge of schools. In later years when they're officially IA, they have scheduled games with Tennessee, NC State, and Navy. This year, USA wouldn't be a very good game, but it would be creative scheduling.

USA football annouces schedule - one more road date possible

I was told that Wagner was the FCS school that they were in discussions with, as some here have speculated.

Wagner isn't much higher than a DIII school in truth. I wonder if they have any scholarships, even though the NEC limit is somewhere around 30-40.

A lot of these schools are DI bball schools that still want to have a varsity football team, but don't want to pay crap for it. But the NCAA makes them play in FCS because they have DI bball. So you get conferences like the Pioneer, MAAC and NEC that play as cheaply as possible.

Anyone else notice that 3 of the 4 home games listed on the schedule at Fightingsioux.com are evening games? :lol: I think that is a good move.

Also, Northeastern St. has been added to the 2010 schedule as a home game. I've never heard of Northeastern St., but Rocky Hager is the coach of Northeastern. Is that who it is referring to? Anyways, 5 home games already for 2010.

EDIT: I'm guessing it is DII Northeastern St. from the Lonestar Conference.

You would be guessing correctly.... Exciting News Sparks First Day of Football Drills

Director of Athletics, Jeff Konya, also announced today the RiverHawks will add the University of North Dakota to its football schedule in 2010. UND is a Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) member, located

in Grand Forks, N.D. The game is slated for Sept. 18, 2010.

Do we really absolutely positively NEED a home game and a potato bowl? Sure we have always had one and it's a tradition here...but this is a new era and we are transitioning into a new realm of football... What we NEED is a game, period. I personally could care less if we get a potato bowl here or not if the program is doing what it needs to do to be successful at the D1 level, and that means playing anyone we can whether it is a home game or not. I think we might need to be willing to forgo a potato bowl for now....

Do we really absolutely positively NEED a home game and a potato bowl? Sure we have always had one and it's a tradition here...but this is a new era and we are transitioning into a new realm of football... What we NEED is a game, period. I personally could care less if we get a potato bowl here or not if the program is doing what it needs to do to be successful at the D1 level, and that means playing anyone we can whether it is a home game or not. I think we might need to be willing to forgo a potato bowl for now....

A road game in Fargo is something I could certainly live with. A cash game on the road would be even better if there's any to be had, but we already have one of those against TT.

One of the things that was nice in the last 2 years of transition is that NDSU played 2 FBS games each year. Kind've gave the guys a goal to win those games since there was no playoffs.

Going after 1 BCS and 1 mid-major FBS is not a bad way to do it during the transition.