SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Going by the "2009 schedule blog official release" as found on anygivensaturday.com, it looks to me like our potential options for a home non-conference FCS game in 2009 are as follows:

Sept. 12

Wagner

Could be a possibility. They are a FCS school. I would take them right now on the schedule for next year.

Wayne Nelson blog. Looking like we may have to wait until October for a home game. :silly:

Ouch, that's a long time to go w/o an opening home game. I hate to say this, but I hope that they can settle with any team right now for the Potato Bowl. Let's hope that it can still happen in Sept.!!! ???

Looks like Wagner no longer has the Sept 12th date open. They've aparantly moved the Bryant game to that slot.

Sam Houston is still open on Sept 12th AFAIK, dumped by Prairie View for New Mexico State. You're going to have to pay them a pretty penny AND make a return trip to Huntsville at your own expense to get them up to Grand Forks this year, much like NDSU did in 07.

Portland State is also open on the 12th, again AFAIK. Probably who NDSU is trying to get though I doubt that either school really wants to play that good of a non-conference FCS program when they both already have tough conference schedules and a BCS program.

That literally leaves it to: Portland State or NDSU v UND for DI games on the 12th.

Portland State already has a strong Big Sky schedule plus they play at Oregon State, but they might be convinced to come out to Fargo or Grand Forks.

Or...maybe NDSU and UND's leaders could just pull their heads out of their a$$es and get the damn NDSU/UND game in Fargo signed and sealed with a 2012 return date for NDSU in Grand Forks?

That literally leaves it to: Portland State or NDSU v UND for DI games on the 12th.

Portland State already has a strong Big Sky schedule plus they play at Oregon State, but they might be convinced to come out to Fargo or Grand Forks.

Or...maybe NDSU and UND's leaders could just pull their heads out of their a$$es and get the damn NDSU/UND game in Fargo signed and sealed with a 2012 return date for NDSU in Grand Forks?

I don't think Gene has any intention of sending an NDSU football team to Grand Forks...ever. Therein lies the problem.

It also looks like Sam Houston will not be coming up to Grand Forks, they're looking at a sub-DI school per: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/show...mp;postcount=39

Hmmm...you wouldn't happen to be referring to the same team that the poster on post #621 of this thread was mentioning would you.

If you insist on spending so much time on our site you could at least read what others have already posted...

You know, I asked this question before and you clammed up for the only time in your life. What the heck is your infatuation with UND sports and what makes you think you know anything about it?

I won't ask again if you have a job, I've come to the conclusion you don't. I won't ask why you got banned from the NDSU site either, it's obvious.

Portland State(football schedule release) is not visiting either GF or Fargo:

2009 Portland State Football Schedule

Sept. 5 @ Oregon State, TBA

Sept. 12, SOUTHERN OREGON, 1:05 p.m.

Sept. 19, @ Montana, 12:05 p.m. PT

Sept. 26, WEBER STATE, 1:05 p.m.

Oct. 3, SACRAMENTO STATE, 1:05 p.m.

Oct. 10, @ Northern Colorado, TBA

Oct. 17, NORTHERN ARIZONA, 1:05 p.m.

Oct. 24, UC DAVIS, 1:05 p.m.

Oct. 31, @ Eastern Washington, TBA

Nov. 7, MONTANA STATE, 1:05 p.m.

Nov. 14, @ Idaho State, TBA

NDSU is pretty much out of options now for an FCS team in Fargo on Sept 12th, assuming that Wagner did in fact move the Bryant game to that date.

UND still has a small possibility to get Sam Houston to Grand Forks if the money is there.

I'm willing to bet that if Faison would give Gene a call and offered something reasonable, this thing could get worked out for this season. Brian, it's up to you.

NDSU is pretty much out of options now for an FCS team in Fargo on Sept 12th, assuming that Wagner did in fact move the Bryant game to that date.

UND still has a small possibility to get Sam Houston to Grand Forks if the money is there.

I'm willing to bet that if Faison would give Gene a call and offered something reasonable, this thing could get worked out for this season. Brian, it's up to you.

I'm going to just keep asking. Your guilt is showing by dodging it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, I asked this question before and you clammed up for the only time in your life. What the heck is your infatuation with UND sports and what makes you think you know anything about it?

I won't ask again if you have a job, I've come to the conclusion you don't. I won't ask why you got banned from the NDSU site either, it's obvious.

Clearly, its up to Joe Chapman.

But let me offer what apparently is a minority opinion here: I welcome your input on SiouxSports. May not always agree, might get exasperated with your stubborn positions, but I appreciate that you've been responsible for generating more SS traffic than anyone recently in what might otherwise be a rather slow period.

Clearly, its up to Joe Chapman.

But let me offer what apparently is a minority opinion here: I welcome your input on SiouxSports. May not always agree, might get exasperated with your stubborn positions, but I appreciate that you've been responsible for generating more SS traffic than anyone recently in what might otherwise be a rather slow period.

No one can ever accuse MplsBison of groupthink. He was one of the few that wanted NDSU in the Summit, and Bisonville fans raged against him for not wanting the Big Sky. Apparently it is true, a prophet is despised (and banned) in his own town (Bisonville). :lol:

No one can ever accuse MplsBison of groupthink. He was one of the few that wanted NDSU in the Summit, and Bisonville fans raged against him for not wanting the Big Sky. Apparently it is true, a prophet is despised (and banned) in his own town (Bisonville). :lol:

If you think he's a prophet he's all your's.

I noticed that Portland State, an established Big Sky team, just filled out their schedule by adding Southern Oregon on Sept 12th. Yes, the same Southern Oregon we have scheduled next year. I guess it isn't so easy to fill out an FCS schedule after all.

Anyone else notice that 3 of the 4 home games listed on the schedule at Fightingsioux.com are evening games? :lol: I think that is a good move.

Also, Northeastern St. has been added to the 2010 schedule as a home game. I've never heard of Northeastern St., but Rocky Hager is the coach of Northeastern. Is that who it is referring to? Anyways, 5 home games already for 2010.

EDIT: I'm guessing it is DII Northeastern St. from the Lonestar Conference.

Anyone else notice that 3 of the 4 home games listed on the schedule at Fightingsioux.com are evening games? :glare: I think that is a good move.

Also, Northeastern St. has been added to the 2010 schedule as a home game. I've never heard of Northeastern St., but Rocky Hager is the coach of Northeastern. Is that who it is referring to? Anyways, 5 home games already for 2010.

EDIT: I'm guessing it is DII Northeastern St. from the Lonestar Conference.

That means next years home schedule may be complete already. Not sure if they will have a sixth home game or not, but it's nice to see at least five...four of them being FCS schools (if you want to call Lamar an FCS school since it's their first year starting up their program).