SiouxSports.com Forum

Ralph Suggestions

WiSioux

So I know that a ton of us can think of ways to better The Ralph "experience" so I thought it would be cool to start a thread where we can suggest some of them. There's the obvious (yet controversial) things such as letting the students stand, etc... but I wanted to see if anyone else had any cool ideas. So feel free to share them!!!

Personally, the thing I'd most like to see is a change in the National Anthem.... There is nothing wrong with the way that it is currently done... it could just be SO much better! Like half the team, all the coaches, and a number of students are Canadian.... why not play O Canada at every home game as well? It would be something that would make us different than all the other schools, and I'm sure it would mean a lot to the Canadians. I'd also like to see the fans get involved and sing along! Hearing the fans sing the anthem sends chills down my spine, I just love it, and think it'd be a great way to start the game. Examples:

O Canada - Edmonton Oilers version

Star Spangled Banner - Anaheim Ducks version

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they do both anthems at all NHL games?

I'm pretty sure they played it at the beginning of the New Years Day outdoor game between the Sabres and the Penguins.

Not sure about regular season games.

I'm all for the anthem being sung by the crowd rather than individuals.

How about the band coming up with new songs, and have something other than "In Heaven There Is No Beer" played after our goals.

I think they should take the glass and netting out at the ends and restore the old chicken wire. Bring back some of the edginess of the old barn and enhance communications with the opponent. Regulations? Use good chicken wire.

Sorry I think the best National Anthem is one at the Chicago Stadium, not only did it pump the crowd and team up, but intimidates the other team. Cheer for your country.

Watch the full video and I guarantee you get pumped

Chicago Stadium Anthem

I also think that there needs to be just one song for the starting lineups instead of two with an awkward pause

Lastly, get a new laser light show its ridiculous we still have the same one just different music after 4 years

I'm for playing O Canada before every game. It gives me goosebumps.

I also want out-of-town scores posted all the time on the video ring. They could take a panel and rotate through other scores so the Ralph doesn't have to give up so much precious ad revenue.

I would like to have the PA announcer SHUT THE HECK UP when the puck is in play! I hate it when he is talking while the game is on. Scott Hennen didn't EVER talk when the puck was in play - not even to announce the goals, penalties, etc...

i agree with the scores of other games on the scroll. also some actual hockey highlights rather than all the ads would be a nice change of pace, but i realize that it is all about the money. i disagree with the majority here on the "o canada" being sung, unless it is against the u of manitoba. i realize we have many canadian players and coaches, but this is a us college hockey league and we play against strictly other us teams (other than the previously mentioned, in exhibition). do you think the whl, ohl or bchl play our national anthem because there are american players on those teams? i have nothing against canada or its citizens, in fact my most enjoyable trip each year is a fishing excursion up south of kenora on lake of the woods, but it is an american league with all american teams being played on american ponds, which is why they play our anthem. i wouldn't be offended if they decided to play the canadian anthem, but just don't see it happening.

Something random I thought of while being cold walking to class.... last season they had a soup lady over by the Olympic rink and she had hot apple cider... that was good! I'd like to see someone else offer hot apple cider since she is gone. But I do like the rotating (by season) option that is served there.

I would like to have the PA announcer SHUT THE HECK UP when the puck is in play! I hate it when he is talking while the game is on. Scott Hennen didn't EVER talk when the puck was in play - not even to announce the goals, penalties, etc...

The problem is that you want to goal announced right away, that I think makes Looker even better than Scott was.

The NHL buildings do it too.