SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD says play the Bison!

bison fan north of GF

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tool!

2nd that! When NDSU hosts a playoff FB in the Dome or has a men's basketball team that can do something in the postseason, get back to me. SU didn't anything in it's last few years in D2 and one big win here and there in D1 FB or BB doesn't qualify for all the arrogance that I deal with from Bison fans here in Fargo.

2nd that! When NDSU hosts a playoff FB in the Dome or has a men's basketball team that can do something in the postseason, get back to me. SU didn't anything in it's last few years in D2 and one big win here and there in D1 FB or BB doesn't qualify for all the arrogance that I deal with from Bison fans here in Fargo.

NDSU has had top caliber playoff teams in football and would have made a Summit tournament run in Basketball this past year had they been eligible. Our football team has been top caliber in FCS the past two years. For anyone wearing kelley green to knock our football team is nothing short of laughable

I will be sure to send you annual reminders the next five years how your teams have done nothing if the criteria for being good is being in the playoffs. I guess the next 5 years your teams will be nothing. I hope you enjoy it because you certainly deserve it.

Don't you mean 4? The Sioux will be playoff eligible in 2012. That leaves 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 as the non-playoff eligible years. I realize counting isn't one of the strong points of Bison fans, but you'll have to take my word for it when I tell you that it is in fact four years of no playoffs. The fifth year is when you actually become playoff eligible. You'd think with the cows being playoff eligible in this their upcoming fifth season of I-AA you'd have figured that out by now.

DaveK, no intent to be arrogant about it, just want to see this series get going again dont you?? A real good example of arrogance is the hockey threads on here and the front page of this web site, you have to squint to find anything on football or bball.

If it happens it happens, but I certainly won't lose any sleep if it doesn't. NDS-who just aren't nearly as important to us as they would like to think they are. After reading comments like "you need it worse than we do", is it any wonder why I detest that program so much? It's bad enough that their fans are so smug and arrogant, but what makes it worse is that they have nothing to be smug and arrogant about. If the Fargodome had hosted, oh... say 10 playoff games, I would understand. But when they haven't won jack since 1990 they really should keep their mouths shut to avoid making fools of themselves.

:D

Your comment about detesting people like us is a personal attack, shouldnt you be more careful as it is against this sites bylaws I believe. Its because of attitudes like this that the series ended, suck it up and play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your comment about detesting people like us is a personal attack, shouldnt you be more careful as it is against this sites bylaws I believe. Its because of attitudes like this that the series ended, suck it up and play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey bison fan of the north you don't have to come to this site if you want to try and spin Dave's comments on him, or you can continue to come on here, but since your hyper sensitive maybe you had better have a box of kleenex close by.

I think NDSU would have beaten the great teams ever to play the game, hell they beat the Gophers didn't they? Bear Bryant wouldn't have anyone to track down Pete Blinko, Knute Rockne, wouldn't have had an answer for the leg of Mike Dragamonseravich, can you imagine the four hourseman fielding a 62 yard punt, I think not! Joe Paterno is a poor mans Craig Bohl! I agree with the southerners on this particular topic, their football has been about about as relevant as Northern Michigan's hockey team.

Don't you mean 4? The Sioux will be playoff eligible in 2012. That leaves 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 as the non-playoff eligible years. I realize counting isn't one of the strong points of Bison fans, but you'll have to take my word for it when I tell you that it is in fact four years of no playoffs. The fifth year is when you actually become playoff eligible. You'd think with the cows being playoff eligible in this their upcoming fifth season of I-AA you'd have figured that out by now.

Thanks for the correction Dave! That means a lot coming from a guy that doesn't know what football division he is in.

I think the Bison should keep their mouths shut til they win games that count. Your transition period games don't mean sh-t if you aren't in the playoffs so tell you what get the same record as last year and go to the playoffs and actually host one in the dome then come back here and run your mouths. As for saying we need to play the Bison....WHY??? We need to play the Bison like we need to play the Gophers. For what? Are you guys still sore we have the Nickel? Bout time to retire that with the Sitting Bull Trophy :D We will play you guys in the future don't worry about that. We have our transition period to go through and if and I said IF you guys are a I-AA powerhouse in 2012 we will put you on the schedule and renew the rivalry, until then our games don't mean di-k til the period is over (IMO). Just like your games didn't mean sh-t until this upcoming season.

DaveK, no intent to be arrogant about it, just want to see this series get going again dont you?? A real good example of arrogance is the hockey threads on here and the front page of this web site, you have to squint to find anything on football or bball.

Well, since this board is mostly fans of football and hockey, and since it was hockey season that just ended, doesn't that make sense?

Logic, my friend, logic.

:lol:

I think the Bison should keep their mouths shut til they win games that count. Your transition period games don't mean sh-t if you aren't in the playoffs so tell you what get the same record as last year and go to the playoffs and actually host one in the dome then come back here and run your mouths. As for saying we need to play the Bison....WHY??? We need to play the Bison like we need to play the Gophers. For what? Are you guys still sore we have the Nickel? Bout time to retire that with the Sitting Bull Trophy :lol: We will play you guys in the future don't worry about that. We have our transition period to go through and if and I said IF you guys are a I-AA powerhouse in 2012 we will put you on the schedule and renew the rivalry, until then our games don't mean di-k til the period is over (IMO). Just like your games didn't mean sh-t until this upcoming season.

Yea, But I heard the "TEAMMAKERS" bought them championship rings for their "CHAMPIONSHIP" season..... :D

no intent to be arrogant, but as bball has been over since the beginning of March and football has been over since November and hockey season has been over for 1 1/2 weeks....that sorta makes sense.

That being said, I would personally love to see the rivalary started again not because either team needs it more than the other one. I want it back because it was a great rivalary and it was a great thing for our state. Good Luck to NDSU in the playoffs this year...you will make our state proud. But WHEN the two play each other again, sorry but I am going with my boys in the Kelly Green.

no intent to be arrogant, but as bball has been over since the beginning of March and football has been over since November and hockey season has been over for 1 1/2 weeks....that sorta makes sense.

That being said, I would personally love to see the rivalary started again not because either team needs it more than the other one. I want it back because it was a great rivalary and it was a great thing for our state. Good Luck to NDSU in the playoffs this year...you will make our state proud. But WHEN the two play each other again, sorry but I am going with my boys in the Kelly Green.

Now, here is a man with a brain.

Why are you in Fargo if you don't like it? If you moved back to gf you'd be able to deal with REAL arrogance!! :silly: Remember UND will have a easier transition to DI than NDSU - DaveK guaranteed it. How's that working out for you?

Why are you in Fargo if you don't like it? If you moved back to gf you'd be able to deal with REAL arrogance!! :silly: Remember UND will have a easier transition to DI than NDSU - DaveK guaranteed it. How's that working out for you?

Damn, let the Sioux get one season into the transition and not just the exploratory year before we judge how it's goin. Why don't you Moo-U trolls just go away and be insignifficant somewhere else?

Love Fargo! It's the UND grads that practice medicine in Fargo, like myself, that keep you SU grads healthy so that you can to your tractor pulls, kegs parties at your neighbors and dinners out at the Golden Coral!