SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD says play the Bison!

bison fan north of GF

Hey, ur new ad, Faison, says und should be playing NDSU, its only an hour away, it just makes sense, etc, etc. Now tell your coaches to keep their noses out of it and let the 2 ad's work this out if you want it to happen, you need it worse than we do, but we can both use the cash, right?

Makes perfect sence for the Sioux to play the Bison in Fargo. After all Fargo residents pay state taxes and indirectly support UND athletics. So they should have the opportunity to see a good football team play there even if it's only once every other year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a nice senior design project. :lol:

Good to know the fixation and paranoia at hasn't subsided at NDSU.

There are psychiatrists for that; you know, psychiatrists, people with medical degrees from medical schools like at UND. ;)

I hope there was no copyright violation using that much of that film. Someone might get sued, by a lawyer, from a law school, like at UND.

:sad:

When that psychiatrist prescribes medication for these condition, they would have to get those from a pharmacist, from a pharmacy school, like at NDSU. ;)

When that psychiatrist prescribes medication for these condition, they would have to get those from a pharmacist, from a pharmacy school, like at NDSU. :lol:

I recommend electric shock for NDSU students/graduates. NDSU dropouts, I consider cured.

When that psychiatrist prescribes medication for these condition, they would have to get those from a pharmacist, from a pharmacy school, like at NDSU. :lol:

No No No, you have it all wrong. The psychiatrist(UND Grad) doing the prescribing of the medicine gives orders to the pharmacist(NDSU grad) of what medicine to fill and how much.

So, in actuality, an NDSU grad is taking orders from a UND Grad. Just how it should be. I kid, I kid.

I'm actually glad that both schools have a program that somewhat compliments each other. It works well for everyone.

Tension with UND remains

McFeeley on the "rivalry"....

Those who know better – that UND was and always will be NDSU’s top antagonist and that (gasp!) there are Bison coaches who would like to play the Sioux because of the excitement and attention it would generate, but can’t say so because Joe Chapman would blow a gasket – take these canned responses with a large chunk of salt.

Then Wednesday happens, and enough is enough.

That was the day some folks inside the Bison athletic department got their undergarments in a bundle because this newspaper reported that Fargo North basketball player Jordan May chose, and we quote the headline, “UND over NDSU and several other schools.”

Tension with UND remains

McFeeley on the "rivalry"....

Mcfeely is just trying to get everyone riled up and knows this is an easy way to hit a nerve with hot-heads from both sides. The fact of the matter is there isn't one player on either NDSU or UND's roster that has participated in a game between the two schools. So to alumni and fans maybe it will take more than 5-10 years of not playing each other for another school to be considered a "true" rival.

But, I can guarantee you that if you were to ask an NDSU athlete who thier rival is, they would come back with SDSU 99% of the time. We have had some great games with them and it has picked up a great deal since this move up. Call it manufactured, call it convoluted, call it whatever you want in the stands or on a message board, but to athletes from NDSU and SDSU it's the real deal.

Mcfeely is just trying to get everyone riled up and knows this is an easy way to hit a nerve with hot-heads from both sides. The fact of the matter is there isn't one player on either NDSU or UND's roster that has participated in a game between the two schools. So to alumni and fans maybe it will take more than 5-10 years of not playing each other for another school to be considered a "true" rival.

But, I can guarantee you that if you were to ask an NDSU athlete who thier rival is, they would come back with SDSU 99% of the time. We have had some great games with them and it has picked up a great deal since this move up. Call it manufactured, call it convoluted, call it whatever you want in the stands or on a message board, but to athletes from NDSU and SDSU it's the real deal.

Well it is pretty hard to have a rivalry with someone you have never played! Of course they would say SDSU. That is a product of recent events.

Well it is pretty hard to have a rivalry with someone you have never played! Of course they would say SDSU. That is a product of recent events.

Exactly my point, you can't have a rivalry with someone you have never played. So if we continue to not play each other, all of a sudden we have close to a decade of alums from both sides who have never seen a game played between the two schools.

Exactly my point, you can't have a rivalry with someone you have never played. So if we continue to not play each other, all of a sudden we have close to a decade of alums from both sides who have never seen a game played between the two schools.

One decade out of how many? 6-7? While yes one decade is a long time, there are still a bunch that do remember the games. Heck, I am not out of school and I remember it so you really can't count this decade as a total loss either. But yes, it needs to get started soon before the time period becomes an issue.

But yet we have so many SU/Bison posters who claim they could careless about UND post so much on a UND/Fighting Sioux/Grand Forks board?? :lol:

I'm not a poster on any SU/Bison/ site because to be honest I really don't care about SU. :sad:

But yet we have so many SU/Bison posters who claim they could careless about UND post so much on a UND/Fighting Sioux/Grand Forks board?? :lol:

I'm not a poster on any SU/Bison/ site because to be honest I really don't care about SU. ;)

My guess would be that the people from Bisonville that also have accounts here are people who attended the school or were a fan of the school when we did play UND and vice versa for Siouxsportsters over on Bisonville. I have never claimed to not care about what goes on at UND, I am from ND and have an interest in both teams. I only cheer for one.

If you are saying that Bison fans having an account and posting on this website somehow proves that we are still "obsessed" or that it proves we are still rivals, I would like to point out I have accounts on SDSU, Minnesota, EGriz, and AGS. I like to contribute to conversations that my frame of reference might give a different perspective. Also I probably have way to much free time on my hands. :sad:

Again, I conceded the fact that many fans still care about the other school. My point was that the players from both sides would probably not name the other as thier rival. I doubt many current Bison players post here very often.

I would bet the number of posts by Bison posters on SDSU, Minnesota and Egriz combined don't approach the number of posts on Siouxsports by Bison posters. Additionally, I would bet that the number of posts on Bisonville regarding UND exceed the number of posts regarding SDSU, Montana and Minnesota combined. I'm not sure about AGS, but would imagine that the posting habits for NDSU fans would be fairly typical there as well.

I would bet the number of posts by Bison posters on SDSU, Minnesota and Egriz combined don't approach the number of posts on Siouxsports by Bison posters. Additionally, I would bet that the number of posts on Bisonville regarding UND exceed the number of posts regarding SDSU, Montana and Minnesota combined. I'm not sure about AGS, but would imagine that the posting habits for NDSU fans would be fairly typical there as well.

All of that may be true, I really dont want to look it up or know if it's possible. But, this doesn't discount my original point that the current players have a rivalry with SDSU not UND. So when NDSU fans say our rival is SDSU I would have to agree with them.

I'm not a poster on any Bison message boards either, and I would hope that all Sioux fans avoid those places. As fun as it is to root against them, why should we grace their message boards with our presence? It only creates the illusion that we care about them as much as they care about us. Let them make fools of themselves on our site, but stay away from theirs.

Because we can spell??? :lol:

ok NDSU fan... I know you guys have done well since making the jump up; however you have got to be stupid to think WE, UND, will not do well. Granite you guys were somewhat competitive your last few years at D2. Look at SDSU, whom beat you last year, they were always in the bottom half of the NCC. The old NCC was a FCS conference, and give us credit where due. They benefited by jumping up because they have more cupcake games now then they did in the NCC. We were better then the two of you when you jumped, and we will transition just as good if not better!

Being successful is mostly dependent on being in a conference within the next 3-4 years. If you come out of the transition as an independent in basketball and the major sports, it will not be good. That will trump wins and losses as the gauge of success. Ndsu is not your measuring stick as many think, it's conference affiliation so you can generate fan interest and dollars for your major sports. Without conference affiliation, it will be difficult to fund programs at DI.

3-4 years is a long time, and I would guess that the dynamic in either the Summit or the Sky would change by then, but the other factor is the 4 year moritorium to the FBS's 11 conferences that is impacting everyone in DI and stagnating movement. Your school has a lot to offer, and I would be surprised if you were an independent in 2012. But that would probably be considered failure by the regime.

Success has very little to do with you good your teams are, unless this is a factor in a conference extending and invitation. If you won very few BB games but got into a conference, you will be claiming success in your transition. If you win a few big games but are an independent in 4 years, it will be hard to claim any real success.