SiouxSports.com Forum

It's time for a coaching change

egfhosejockey

There's no bashing that needs to be done. MafiaMan is right, so am I. Still no moderators to mop up this mess. I bet if I started throwing down personal attacks on those who are deserving of it I would have the moderators all over me like stink on !@#$. How ironic that they allow it to go on as long as it is a player or a coach. Like has been stated before, this is why good people like PCM and others don't come here anymore.

This is not a mess, yet. When I get to complaining about the temperature of dippin dots at the REA, then we'll have ourselves a mess. If a "good person" is one who only purports opinions in lockstep with your own, then I think it is you, Triouxper, that is taking all this too seriously.

taz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a mess, yet. When I get to complaining about the temperature of dippin dots at the REA, then we'll have ourselves a mess. If a "good person" is one who only purports opinions in lockstep with your own, then I think it is you, Triouxper, that is taking all this too seriously.

taz

It's a well know fact that PCM and myself disagree on many things. Yet I respect his opinion. I was pointing out that he doesn't post here because of crap like this.

It's a well know fact that PCM and myself disagree on many things. Yet I respect his opinion. I was pointing out that he doesn't post here because of crap like this.

I thought he left because of you? :D

Seriously, it's all good. Let folks rag on Hak and the boys and then love 'em again tomorrow. It is the way of the fan.

Regardless, I celebrate the high expectations of Fighting Sioux Fans, and their passion for success. I fear the day UND becomes satisfied with anything less than a regular season title and a national championship.

That's precisely the point I've been trying to make for the past 2-3 years. Anybody who follows this program should rightfully expect to win it all, every year. Call it "arrogance" or "entitlement" or whatever, but I expect our team to win, and win big. Naturally, that's will not always happen, and I, like alot of people here, get pretty pi$$ed if that doesn't happen. However, the passion to win it all is what drives most good teams and their fans. Unlike some folks, I am not satisfied with just getting into the FF. If we don't come home with a banner, I consider the season less-than-successful. That's how I view the world of Sioux hockey, and how I've viewed it for the past 30+ years.

Now, if ya'll excuse me, I'm going to quit "working" and go drown my sorrows at The Bellagio. ???:D

I thought he left because of you? :D

Seriously, it's all good. Let folks rag on Hak and the boys and then love 'em again tomorrow. It is the way of the fan.

I'm sure when they have fan appreciation night the concourse will be empty. Should be easy getting everyone's autograph now. I won't have to stand in line with people that have a bunch of bratty kids that have no clue as to what's going on anyway. I should be in and out of there in twenty minutes this time. We all know that's not reality. All of you fairweather fans will be there taking pictures, shaking hands and gushing over these guys just like always. And, just like always, the guys will be cordial to everyone, even the people who only support them when they are "perfect." But then again how would they know as I'm sure most of you won't be revealing your siouxsports moniker.

triouxper, how are you right? its ur opinion. everyone has one and not everyones is right. My friend PCM left this baord cuz of u and i can now see y. i also can see why you were suspended to. I think one will probably be in the future for you also. go ahead bash me idc. ur prolly jsut some little kid out there.

triouxper, how are you right? its ur opinion. everyone has one and not everyones is right. My friend PCM left this baord cuz of u and i can now see y. i also can see why you were suspended to. I think one will probably be in the future for you also. go ahead bash me idc. ur prolly jsut some little kid out there.

Really? That's not what he told me. I highly doubt you even know him. So you're a moderator now, you determine who will be suspended and who won't, laughable. I'm not the one hammering the coach staff and players, or conding it like some others. Yes, you're right I'm a 38 year old kid, that realizes that people in all walks of life fail. Yes, hockey players are people and sometimes they lose games, that's how life is. I don't have to bash you here, but I will say that if you believe what you wrote you are waaaayyyyyyyy off base. If they want to suspend me for telling you that your thinking is wrong go ahead, this board is a frickin joke anyway.

Constructive criticism is one thing...calling for a coach's head is another. I'm sure Dave Hakstol, along with the players, assistant coaches, etc... will all learn a lesson from last night's debacle.

Say what you want about the team, I'm proud of this: With the outcome of this game decided relatively early, the Sioux did not resort to cheap-shot penalties or penalties out of frustration. The players kept their cool and didn't go out and goon it up over the last period of the game just to let off some steam. They got smoked and they handled it without being foolish.

Say what you want about the team, I'm proud of this: With the outcome of this game decided relatively early, the Sioux did not resort to cheap-shot penalties or penalties out of frustration. The players kept their cool and didn't go out and goon it up over the last period of the game just to let off some steam. They got smoked and they handled it without being foolish.

Their restraint was impressive, especially given the cheap shots from BC right to the end. First time I've seen the winning team go from scoring at will to all out cheap shots, I was hoping the Sioux would respond at the time, but in retrospect I'm glad they held their cool.

Their restraint was impressive, especially given the cheap shots from BC right to the end. First time I've seen the winning team go from scoring at will to all out cheap shots, I was hoping the Sioux would respond at the time, but in retrospect I'm glad they held their cool.

I agree totally, particularly after the blatant hit on Chorney.

Not really been a fan of Hakstol, but you cant just blame him for yesterday's loss. The team is what it has been since the beginning of the season, and that is inconsistent. Unfortunatley, all of their weakness was exposed in one night and BC played a brilliant game and just handed it too us all night long. The sioux were fortunate to be in the final four, as they had played terrible in there last 6 games, being out shot and out played, but it was the great goal tending that kept us in it.

Finely was a huge liability out there all year, and was largerly responsible for at least 2 if not 3 of the first three goals. Lamoreux as great as he has been, his weaker point was exposed which is that he tends to flail to the ground when under pressure and the BC forwards just waited for him to go to the ice, and all they did was shoot over him. But as for the rest of the team....not a singe sioux player stood out...and the team was extreamly flat and lifeless.

The real dissapointment has to be what was a huge representation of fans at the game....and this is what they will remember. I was at the game, and sat with a large group of folks who drove anyware from 12-15 hours to get to Denver, (myself driving 9 hours).,and we all deserved a much better perfromance. This was a tough game to swallow, because we expect so much out of our team. The question now comes in hand, what is going to be left of this team after we lose about 8-10 players??

Yes Hakstol does deserve some criticism, but not sure if a coaching change is the answer...unless of course Blaise would come back, which in my opionion, would be an interesting scenario.

Constructive criticism is one thing...calling for a coach's head is another. I'm sure Dave Hakstol, along with the players, assistant coaches, etc... will all learn a lesson from last night's debacle.

Interesting point. After three beers, I was calling for it! :)

It's unfortunate that this season also included an extremely rare episode of Hak losing his cool as well as some other post-game player shenanigans on/off ice. Glad this didn't bubble up on national TV during an incredibly frustrating game.

IMHO the txt msg vers of ur posts is TFF! I recommend switching to !_337 $[]D3/-\|<...

\/\/ !-! /-\ "|" []_[][]D []D []_ /-\ Y /-\ ? Y kno\/\/ wher3 | is. []800 - Y /-\ !!

Good gravy, old man!

I'm headed that way myself. Can you recommend a personal scooter? Should I go for a Rascal? PCM's no longer around so....

OH! Do you know the name of a good AARP rep? I'm getting to be the age where I might "accidentally" drive down a bike path and kill some chick on a bike. If I can find a good rep, I can find a good attorney who can blame it on something or another or perhaps I can play the "discrimination on the elderly" card. :)

(this thread is a joke between gfhockey and neoflex adding yet another to the pile of "it's all <player>'s fault" and all.. might as well go off topic)

Yes, I want to extend my personal thank you to jim and and his moderating team. They have done a wonderful job cleaning up the board and making it into a place where fans, coaches, players, recruits and their families and friends can all feel welcome to come here and read it. Outstanding. this is pulitzer prize type stuff here folks.

Yes, I want to extend my personal thank you to jim and and his moderating team. They have done a wonderful job cleaning up the board and making it into a place where fans, coaches, players, recruits and their families and friends can all feel welcome to come here and read it. Outstanding. this is pulitzer prize type stuff here folks.

Cmon, TRIOUXPER, don't be like that. This board is a place for constructive criticism, thoughtful insight, and offering opinions. Don't go down the negative road like some folks here on the board. Maybe the UMDDogz and PCMs of the world will come back once the bandwagon fans are gone.

Cmon, TRIOUXPER, don't be like that. This board is a place for constructive criticism, thoughtful insight, and offering opinions. Don't go down the negative road like some folks here on the board. Maybe the UMDDogz and PCMs of the world will come back once the bandwagon fans are gone.

I understand that. It's still jims responsibility to police this stuff. I very disappointed how people are taking liberties today without the watchful eye of jim or any of the other moderators.

I wasn't trying to insult you.

Removed the post. My apologies.

I wasn't trying to insult you.

Removed the post. My apologies.

I'm not insulted, I'm disappointed because there is no one here to clean up the mess this board is today. I expected more from the powers that be on this board. Common sense would tell you that the idiots would be out after a loss in a big game like yesterday, yet they left the daycare completely unattended. Guaranteed if I would bash people for bashing coaches/players I would either be suspended or banned for life. Believe, there are people on here who need a time out, and it's not me. I don't mean you RW, you tactfully state your opinion, I didn't intend to make you mad.

I'm more of a lurker on this site than a poster, but thought I might give it a try on this thread. Please be gentle on the bashing....

While I wholeheartedly disagree with the manner in which this thread was started, maybe there is some truth to the title. I'm not saying there is a need for a change in coaching staff, but maybe this team is due for a change in team preparation (especially in the post-season). This loss is certainly not completely the fault of the coaching staff, but they certainly play a role in any team performance, whether good or bad. It seems a little strange to me that we would lose to the exact same team in the exact same game 3 years in a row. This leads me to believe that the team just wasn't prepared to handle BC. Of course this could also stem from the fact that the Sioux were very lucky to even be there in the first place. I can recall a couple of times this season coming home from the Ralph thinking, "How did we ever win that game???" or "JPL saved us again." Those wins to me are not very satisfying, and a championship team they do not make. It all boils down to a mixture of factors--no one person or entity lost yesterday's game for us, but everyone definitely had a hand in it, including the coaching staff.

I would also like to mention that there are a few intelligent posts on this thread, and I don't necessarily think that just because some people happen to have some negative opinions of the Sioux coaching staff or style, that they should automatically be shut up and the thread shut down just because some individuals don't like what they have to say. If this thread had been started in an intelligent, well thought-out manner, I think some great discussions could be had. We don't all have to agree on everything, but of course starting the thread out by saying, "Fire the whole staff," is totally ridiculous.

Flags flying, band playing: Freedom of Speech!!! This isn't China, this isn't Nazi Germany or the former Soviet Union! This is America! And to quote the great Bill Murray, you know what that means? That means that our ancestors were kicked out of every decent country in the world.

Some people need to get a grip. We lost, it was a bad loss. Today we continue with our lives and look forward to the start of the 2008-2009 campaign.

I'm more of a lurker on this site than a poster, but thought I might give it a try on this thread. Please be gentle on the bashing....

While I wholeheartedly disagree with the manner in which this thread was started, maybe there is some truth to the title. I'm not saying there is a need for a change in coaching staff, but maybe this team is due for a change in team preparation (especially in the post-season). This loss is certainly not completely the fault of the coaching staff, but they certainly play a role in any team performance, whether good or bad. It seems a little strange to me that we would lose to the exact same team in the exact same game 3 years in a row. This leads me to believe that the team just wasn't prepared to handle BC. Of course this could also stem from the fact that the Sioux were very lucky to even be there in the first place. I can recall a couple of times this season coming home from the Ralph thinking, "How did we ever win that game???" or "JPL saved us again." Those wins to me are not very satisfying, and a championship team they do not make. It all boils down to a mixture of factors--no one person or entity lost yesterday's game for us, but everyone definitely had a hand in it, including the coaching staff.

I would also like to mention that there are a few intelligent posts on this thread, and I don't necessarily think that just because some people happen to have some negative opinions of the Sioux coaching staff or style, that they should automatically be shut up and the thread shut down just because some individuals don't like what they have to say. If this thread had been started in an intelligent, well thought-out manner, I think some great discussions could be had. We don't all have to agree on everything, but of course starting the thread out by saying, "Fire the whole staff," is totally ridiculous.

I have no problem with a post like this. It's the one's where people say "I'm a fan, I'm mad, and I have every right to say what I want about who I want." Those are the ones thart start all the trouble.