SiouxSports.com Forum

It's time for a coaching change

egfhosejockey

I don't have time to read this whole thing but the idea of a coaching change is ludicrous. Albeit, I hav only been a Sioux fan for 7-8 years (since I moved to Grand Forks), but getting to the Frozen Four four years in a row in a single elimination tournament is a helluva accomplishment.

This team is probably one of the lesser talented Sioux teams I have seen, and they still managed to make it to the national semifinals.

You think Duke would fire Coach K if he lost in four consecutive Frozen Fours? Did the Bills fire Marv Levy after the Bills lost a fourth straight Super Bowl?

You can't win it all every year, but it's dang nice to know that come the end of the season you'll have a chance to do so.

Are you sure about this? Aren't you as a fan entitled to much more than the team and coaching staff gave on thursday? After all you spent YOUR hard earned money, and wasted YOUR precious time to watch these guys piss down their legs. There cannot possibly be a rational explanation for it, can there? Some people on this board might try to convince you of that, and convice you they have every right to demand Hak be replaced, and all the players be horse-whipped for it. But not me. Am I disappointed? Probably more than anyone. Do I think they gave it there all? Not by a long shot. But folks, I have watched enough sports, and lived enough life to know that things do not always go the way we want them. There simply is no reason for the venomous postings directed at the staff and players the last couple of days. Someone please close these threads and lets all move on.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Jim, the "blind eye of justice," I hope it works out for you man. What I don't understand is the fact that he allows people to bash Hak and players, and certain individuals to harass others like yourself. But, when people like me go to their defense by bashing someone, then the axe starts swing. There is just no consistency to the enforcement of the loosley termed "rules" here. It all depends on who you are.

Jim does an excellent job, in my opinion. Plus, it's HIS forum, he can do as he pleases. If he want's to write a 4 page essay on why he thinks Taz Boy posts contribute to Global Warming, force format all my text in lavender and change "Taz" to "Sissy" he is more than welcome to do it. In fact, I'm surprised this hasn't happened, but I suspect it has something to do with time and better things to do and such.

Hakstol is a public figure and criticism goes along with the territory. I don't think he needs your defense.

taz sissy, hey, what's happening here???

Jim does an excellent job, in my opinion. Plus, it's HIS forum, he can do as he pleases. If he want's to write a 4 page essay on why he thinks Taz Boy posts contribute to Global Warming, force format all my text in lavender and change "Taz" to "Sissy" he is more than welcome to do it. In fact, I'm surprised this hasn't happened, but I suspect it has something to do with time and better things to do and such.

Hakstol is a public figure and criticism goes along with the territory. I don't think he needs your defense.

Hmmm....

There is a lot of hot air emanating from this forum at times.... Not sure if Taz Boy is the culprit, but I think we certainly can find government funding to study it. :) :)

I don't know if you take the time to read all of the bull$%!# on here.

Dave, you know it, gopher fans know it, bandwagon jumpers are idiots and might as well throw on a dunce hat. Congrats on leading your team to FFx4 its a great honor to make it to this point in the game and i hope you get it done next year.

To the GREASER that started this thread. S.T.F.U.

I am proud of the Team. It is hard to take reading some of the negative comments. I'm staying at the same hotel as the Team and it was heart breaking to see the team leaving to go back to Grand Forks after the game.

I had a chance to talk with Coach Eades this morning and he was very thankful for the support the team has been receiving from the fans in Denver.

Win or lose I will support this team and cheer them on! That is what being a fan is all about. I live in Boston and will be flying home tomorrow with the BC fans and I will be proudly wearing my SIOUX jersey.

Like I said to Coach Eades I am already looking forward to the SIOUX attending the "ICE Breaker" in Boston next season.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!

A few thoughts:

1. I agree that the mods are doing fine - some posts/threads are moronic, but that's part of what you see in public forums, and if you don't like the thread ... DON'T READ (OR POST REPEATEDLY!) IN IT! If I was Jim, I'd ban some of the people bashing him, ad nauseum, for "not doing his job" - it's HIS forum, if you're not happy here, start your own! Personal attacks should NOT be tolerated, I agree. But honestly, how much censorship should the mods be expected (or WANTED) to do?

2. I can't believe this thread has grown to TWELVE PAGES! I honestly took the opening post as a joke! "Fire the whole staff" of the most successful program in the nation is just laughable! With Hak's record here, he could write his own ticket anywhere, but we're lucky that here is where he wants to be, and I hope he stays here until he retires! Maybe the originator was serious, and for those who think likewise, I just shake my head and wonder what color the sky is in your world......

3. I get tired of the bandwagon jumpers, too, but it's a BIG bandwagon, and we're all here to cheer on our favorite team, so "can't we just all get along?" I get more angered at ad hominum attacks between posters than I do at frustrated fans that vent that anger in an occasional post ripping on the team (as long as they don't go overboard - you wanna just come on here and bash the Sioux, then please leave and join GPL!)

4. Finally, although I was frustrated and terribly disappointed in their final game, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to be a Sioux fan, following the tradition of greatness that we have! And while we'll certainly lose some GREAT talent again this year, we have more GREAT talent coming in, and we'll have another shot at "#8" next year!

Now, back to my "lerker" mode, while I read more positive threads of praise for our boys in green!

SA

A few thoughts:

1. I agree that the mods are doing fine - some posts/threads are moronic, but that's part of what you see in public forums, and if you don't like the thread ... DON'T READ (OR POST REPEATEDLY!) IN IT! If I was Jim, I'd ban some of the people bashing him, ad nauseum, for "not doing his job" - it's HIS forum, if you're not happy here, start your own! Personal attacks should NOT be tolerated, I agree. But honestly, how much censorship should the mods be expected (or WANTED) to do?

2. I can't believe this thread has grown to TWELVE PAGES! I honestly took the opening post as a joke! "Fire the whole staff" of the most successful program in the nation is just laughable! With Hak's record here, he could write his own ticket anywhere, but we're lucky that here is where he wants to be, and I hope he stays here until he retires! Maybe the originator was serious, and for those who think likewise, I just shake my head and wonder what color the sky is in your world......

3. I get tired of the bandwagon jumpers, too, but it's a BIG bandwagon, and we're all here to cheer on our favorite team, so "can't we just all get along?" I get more angered at ad hominum attacks between posters than I do at frustrated fans that vent that anger in an occasional post ripping on the team (as long as they don't go overboard - you wanna just come on here and bash the Sioux, then please leave and join GPL!)

4. Finally, although I was frustrated and terribly disappointed in their final game, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to be a Sioux fan, following the tradition of greatness that we have! And while we'll certainly lose some GREAT talent again this year, we have more GREAT talent coming in, and we'll have another shot at "#8" next year!

Now, back to my "lerker" mode, while I read more positive threads of praise for our boys in green!

SA

Yes, you are right. The problem is not the moderators or jim, but rather with the inconsistency in moderating. I get banned for attacking people yet nothing is done about dean constantly attacking Goon. Not to mention the personal attacks on players and coaches, which you jim, and the moderators are fine with. This is after jim had his big push to clean up the board so it was an environment that fans, players and family and friends would enjoy. Do you think Joe Finley's family likes coming here and reading the "official bash Joe Finley " thread? How about Hak or his family? It's not my rules, they are jim's. He is the one who said he was making more of an effort for it to stop. By your logic, jim should be able to accept my criticism, ad nausema or not. There is a double standard, and it comes down to jim and the moderating team to fix it. Ask PCM next time you see him, I can guarantee you will hear a much different story of why he doesn't post here. I'm sure it will be different than the versions people have shared on here. Like I said before, say what you want about gopher fans, but this !@#$ doesn't happen on gpl. Ram your freedom of speech, blah, blah, blah, down everyone's throats if you want, but with that also comes responsibility. Actually I hope nothing changes, I can't wait until someone has had enough and the lawyers get involved. Then some buttholes are gonna be puckerin' up.

Yes, you are right. The problem is not the moderators or jim, but rather with the inconsistency in moderating. I get banned for attacking people yet nothing is done about dean constantly attacking Goon. Not to mention the personal attacks on players and coaches, which you jim, and the moderators are fine with. This is after jim had his big push to clean up the board so it was an environment that fans, players and family and friends would enjoy. Do you think Joe Finley's family likes coming here and reading the "official bash Joe Finley " thread? How about Hak or his family? It's not my rules, they are jim's. He is the one who said he was making more of an effort for it to stop. By your logic, jim should be able to accept my criticism, ad nausema or not. There is a double standard, and it comes down to jim and the moderating team to fix it. Ask PCM next time you see him, I can guarantee you will hear a much different story of why he doesn't post here. I'm sure it will be different than the versions people have shared on here. Like I said before, say what you want about gopher fans, but this !@#$ doesn't happen on gpl. Ram your freedom of speech, blah, blah, blah, down everyone's throats if you want, but with that also comes responsibility. Actually I hope nothing changes, I can't wait until someone has had enough and the lawyers get involved. Then some buttholes are gonna be puckerin' up.

Well said.

So, if some of you don't agree with this board, its mods, members, admins, etc., leave and start your own.

Well first of all, jim opened this up as a public forum, therefore all are welcome. Second of all, jim was the one who told us he was making a conscious effort to "clean up the board."(which we all know is not happening) Third, we realize you are buddies with him and therefore are above the rules and regulations that others are to follow, thus the double standard. I think you need to take it up with jim, instead of acting like a three year old, but again this is the norm for this forum.