SiouxSports.com Forum

It's time for a coaching change

egfhosejockey

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? This is the fourth year in a roll with the same results. So you are o.k. Well I am not. With the talent that they have had, we should have at least on title.

I just felt the wheels of the bandwagon run over something...

This isn't Hakstol's or any of the coach's fault. Genoway has played far and away his worst game of the year. He's been so bad that if this were a normal series he wouldn't play the next night.

What could Hak have done that would've made this any different?

This is a pattern for Hak. BC I feel was ready for this match up. Hak did not have this team playing good hockey for the whole playoffs. Yes player play the game, but the coaches also need to light a fire under butts. I do think Hak has that in him. Some time a little fire and brim stone has never hurt.

Four straight Final 4. Four straight NO TITLES. It about time to look for a change. Hak is not a coach that can lead a team to a title. FIRE THE WHOLE STAFF.

OMG!!!! :D

Most programs would KILL to have 4 Frozen Four trips in 4 years, a Hobey Baker winner and 2 Hobey finalists.

Put down the crack pipe, please.......

Most programs would KILL to have 4 Frozen Four trips in 4 years, a Hobey Baker winner and 2 Hobey finalists.

Fire Hak??? Hmm I would say Lucia or Sandelin has a better chance of losing their job before Hak

I didn't know that Grand Forks had a crack problem?

Fire Hak??? Hmm I would say Lucia or Sandelin has a better chance of losing their job before Hak

And lord knows Lucia has 0 chance of getting fired therefore mikey is trying to say that there is zero chance of Hak getting the axe. Glad to simplify it for you

And lord knows Lucia has 0 chance of getting fired therefore mikey is trying to say that there is zero chance of Hak getting the axe. Glad to simplify it for you

You nailed it on the head, remember when UMD had so much promise a few seasons ago and look what happened. Lucia has suffered worse defeats but I will spare you some dignity cause your doing the same for us right now

There's a 10 minute "cooling off" period after the game for the players and coaches. Maybe we should do the same thing here. Just a suggestion.

I, for one, am ready for next season and the continued winning tradition of Fighting Sioux hockey!!

There's a 10 minute "cooling off" period after the game for the players and coaches. Maybe we should do the same thing here. Just a suggestion.

I, for one, am ready for next season and the continued winning tradition of Fighting Sioux hockey!!

Great idea.

Yes. Until tonight I would disagree. But are you kidding me? Losing to the same team 3 years in row in the same game! Unecceptable! Not only did we get beat, we were imbarrased! You would think that the coach would have the guys a little better prepared than this. The point is that if you were an NHL coach and the same thing happened to your team, you can bet your a$$ that you lost your job. Well, I think the same should be the same for a team that has been in the Frozen Four 4 years in a row as a top team! Time for a coaching change! People say he is 4-0 to the Frozen Four, but the way I view it, he is 0-4 with teams that are supposed to win it.

Yeah most teams. But most teams have not had the teams we have had. Parise, Bochenski, Toews, Oshie, etc. How many more have to go without a championship?

egfhoser - you say that this team had so much talent...this was probably the least talented of all of the recent frozen 4 teams (since '97). Sure Oshie's a stud and Duncan is solid but after that it was pretty much a bunch of average offensive players. The defense and goalie were good but no better really than anything we've had in the past. Nobody scored in the WCHA this year so I think Lamoreux's numbers were pretty inflated although I do think he had a great year. Just because you don't win a chamipionship doesn't mean you should be fired, get real.

Well then you can go without a championship then, and just settle for the Frozen Four and get dissapointed every year

Four straight Final 4. Four straight NO TITLES. It about time to look for a change. Hak is not a coach that can lead a team to a title. FIRE THE WHOLE STAFF.

Settle down. The coaches can onmly help put the players in position. They don't win or lose the games. BTW if Hack and Company did not recruit and coach these guys you wouldn't get to watch them go to the Frozen Four. This thread should be shut down.

BD

egfhoser - you say that this team had so much talent...this was probably the least talented of all of the recent frozen 4 teams (since '97). Sure Oshie's a stud and Duncan is solid but after that it was pretty much a bunch of average offensive players. The defense and goalie were good but no better really than anything we've had in the past. Nobody scored in the WCHA this year so I think Lamoreux's numbers were pretty inflated although I do think he had a great year. Just because you don't win a chamipionship doesn't mean you should be fired, get real.

Agreed.

BD