SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-BC Game Thread

bigsioux21

Holy crap, Notre Dame up 2-0 in the first few minutes. Sauer looking like the goalie who let in so many against the Sioux last year.

Notre Dame winning would make the BC win more bearable in my opinion. Then a Cinderella NC victory by Notre Dame would seal the deal. :D

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching this, Michigan is clearly the more talented team, in my opinion, but ND is playing with a lot of grit.

I hope ND wins.

Sorry about the L earlier tonight, we South Dakotans were pulling for you. I'm ticked about the two week layoff, I think if the game was last week the Sioux would have been in rythm and the game would have been much different. However, i noticed during the BC/Minny game earlier in the tourney that those BC players could fly, and they did tonight too.

Watching this, Michigan is clearly the more talented team, in my opinion, but ND is playing with a lot of grit.

I hope ND wins.

Sorry about the L earlier tonight, we South Dakotans were pulling for you. I'm ticked about the two week layoff, I think if the game was last week the Sioux would have been in rythm and the game would have been much different. However, i noticed during the BC/Minny game earlier in the tourney that those BC players could fly, and they did tonight too.

I am sure UND night want to take note. Notre Dame is a big team.

Will be sweet to see BC lose to the fighting irish and yeah, Gerbe seems good, but he'll be a washed up player in no time. I thought a sioux victory wouldve been a clean open ice hit on his ass tonight but we couldn'e even pull that off.................

Right! I never go the name of him either and so so so so so sadly, nobody retaliated on that. That was an easy kneeing call and that douche should have been gone.

here is the irony, we complain about the WCHA officials, I know I have but Todd Anderson looked a heck of a lot better than Shegos.

I maybe slightly buzzed but it does appear that he hates UND more than Don Adam. That was a call they have to make. That is a 5 and a game. It still doesn't change the fact that UND got owned.

Greetings from Denver........

Obviously not the outcome that we were looking for. I do see alot of Joe Finley bashing and I think it's unfair to single him out. I said it earlier in the year that I question whether JPL could help deliver a championship for the program. Again, he showed his true colors in not being a big game goaltender. It sucks to be so close to #8.

Whether Hakstol should be absolved is also a question. Granted, he has gotten us to the Frozen Four in four consecutive years. However, even a blind pig finds a cob of corn once (national championship) in awhile and we haven't found that cob of corn with him at the helm. It makes you wonder if he's capable of winning the big one. I do long for the days of Blais because you can almost guarantee that we'd have two more titles under our belt.

Like I said, it sucks to be so close. Especially after seeing Notre Dame knocking off Michigan. I wouldn't have seen much of a chance of Notre Dame knocking us off if we were playing tomorrow night.

We will hear people flame lammy for "losing" this game for us. Not true. Our team played poor, BC played like Gods today. We wouldn't have been here if Lammy hadn't saved our butts in the regional. Tough tough end to the season again. I can't wait for next year!

JPL was not the reason UND lost. He didn't play well but who did. Genoway was absolutely horrible and Finley was not far behind. They had a combined -7 rating for the game. Pathetic! No offense other than a couple minute stretch early in the 1st. The dike broke early and often and then the boys bailed instead of trying to plug the hole! To see no fight as they came out to begin the 2nd was the most disappointing thing of all!

Greetings from Denver........

Obviously not the outcome that we were looking for. I do see alot of Joe Finley bashing and I think it's unfair to single him out. I said it earlier in the year that I question whether JPL could help deliver a championship for the program. Again, he showed his true colors in not being a big game goaltender. It sucks to be so close to #8.

Whether Hakstol should be absolved is also a question. Granted, he has gotten us to the Frozen Four in four consecutive years. However, even a blind pig finds a cob of corn once (national championship) in awhile and we haven't found that cob of corn with him at the helm. It makes you wonder if he's capable of winning the big one. I do long for the days of Blais because you can almost guarantee that we'd have two more titles under our belt.

Like I said, it sucks to be so close. Especially after seeing Notre Dame knocking off Michigan. I wouldn't have seen much of a chance of Notre Dame knocking us off if we were playing tomorrow night.

This is where you again come across as one of the biggest idiots to troll this site. I am here in Denver as well and if we were both at the same game yesterday, there is no way you can pin that game on JPL. He was not good but to single him out as not being a "big game goaltender" shows your ignorance. He got absolutely miminal help in front of him.

Not piling on, honest, but is hakstol the Denny Green of College Hockey?

What good is a great ride if you end up choking at the end every season? At some point you have to ask if he can get the job done.

By the way, I say choke, not out of disrespect, but truth. It's what has happend at the end of each season under Hak.

I don't think the whole team stunk. I don't think they came out flat. I thought they played better than they did in either regional game. (Princeton dominated the Sioux for much of that game, but the Sioux sniped a few and JPL played great.) In this game, the Sioux played them pretty even in the first, but the Sioux shot wide on their best chances, and everything BC put on net went in. It was a goalie's nightmare, similar to the one Sauer had against UND last year.

But after 4-0, they lost their composure. The PP that was so impressive early couldn't get anything going beginning in the second. Part of that was due to Chorney's absence.

I also thought BC dominated play (territorially and in chances) much more in the second period last year than they did at any time this year. Basically, they just scored on nearly all of their good chances this year.

I also don't think the team stinks, or is overloaded with non-skill players. They have a pretty good balance of grit and skill overall.

I was happy the team didn't goon it up out of frustration. Just play hard.

The team is going to be a lot younger next year, and Sioux fans will probably get to save a little money in April 2009 that they usually spend on Frozen Four trips.

No fingers pointed at anyone, but I wonder what effect Brad Berry's absence has had on the team.

Radke would only fight if it made snse. You DO NOT FIGHT in the frozen four, especially in a blow out. Acccept beinf inferior and move on

I did think the guy that gave Miller the two hander across the head then a two elbow check to the face driving him into the boards deserved an attitude adjustment. Aside from that you are 100% right.

Not piling on, honest, but is hakstol the Denny Green of College Hockey?

What good is a great ride if you end up choking at the end every season? At some point you have to ask if he can get the job done.

By the way, I say choke, not out of disrespect, but truth. It's what has happend at the end of each season under Hak.

Nope.

Denny Green's never been to a Super Bowl. Hakstol has been to an NC game.

Plus, Hakstol doesn't make retarded remarks to the media... only retarded finger gestures to Don "I shoulda been fired 3 years ago" Adam.

If (probably when) the Sioux have to change their name, how about the Fighting Italians? Because the last time a group peformed as bad as UND did yesterday, it was the Italian performance in WWII.

Classified ad: Italian rifle for sale. Never fired and only dropped once.