SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

What some good bars in the Twin Cities for Sioux fans to watch the game tomorrow? I'm asking for my brother who, despite having graduated from both UND and Notre Dame, doesn't have ESPNU for this weekend's games and thus making him quite lame. :ohmy:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPL will have to deal with the students twice, because UW is still using their locker room and bench. That's how the Denver game was.

So, the locker room/bench determine which goal you shoot at? Sorry I'm not up on this. If it's Hak's choice, I don't know why he'd want Lammy in front of the students twice, although I'm sure it's not as saturated as reg season games, I was told by the UW ticketing office that they are selling those sections to students/students are requesting those sections.

So, the locker room/bench determine which goal you shoot at? Sorry I'm not up on this. If it's Hak's choice, I don't know why he'd want Lammy in front of the students twice, although I'm sure it's not as saturated as reg season games, I was told by the UW ticketing office that they are selling those sections to students/students are requesting those sections.

Don't know how the locker rooms are set up at the Kohl, but whatever bench you are at, your goal in the 1st and 3rd is the one closest to that bench. At the Ralph, the locker rooms are right off the benches so the goals are pretty much set.

What some good bars in the Twin Cities for Sioux fans to watch the game tomorrow? I'm asking for my brother who, despite having graduated from both UND and Notre Dame, doesn't have ESPNU for this weekend's games and thus making him quite lame. :ohmy:

Tell him to go to any of the Joe Senser's Sports Bar. Depending on where he lives, there is probably one within a 20 minute drive of him. Senser's has been a Fighting Sioux friendly bar for a LONG time. I'm sure with the TV blackout (for those of silly enough to purchase cable) there will be many Sioux fans at all locations. We're planning on meeting a group at the Plymouth location. Here's the website link for him with all locations and directions: http://www.sensers.com/

He'll be well taken care of by the Sioux faithful.

Don't know how the locker rooms are set up at the Kohl, but whatever bench you are at, your goal in the 1st and 3rd is the one closest to that bench. At the Ralph, the locker rooms are right off the benches so the goals are pretty much set.

I think the locker room tunnels are in the corners next to the bench. They skate out of the tunnel and to the bench, not like at the Ralph. I suppose you could switch benches, but let Bucky keep their locker room, but I imagine they'll let them be the home team, as Gwoz did.

Wow. Only 1 WCHA team in the Frozen Four. Hope it's the Sioux. If not, the WCHA will be represented by a team that is one game over .500!!!

But, we just need to beat Bucky and then Miami in the semi-finals, and Notre Dame in the finals :ohmy:

(I'm getting tired of BC and Michigan!!) Although It would be great to end the season with wins over Wisconsin, BC, and Michigan.

Have to respectfully disagree with you. I want Miami and Michigan. Its time for them to face the music. If we end up with your scenario there will be people out there saying we won because...... I also would not mind BC as I would love to stick it to them for payback. But the chance to face the cake eaters from OH is too tempting to pass up.

BD

Sioux obviously need to play with more passion than they did today. 5-5 we were outplayed for most of the game. I have a suspicion the boys will really be ready to go tomorrow! I still do not like Miller on the top line. He is a real weak link there. i realize having Kozek on the third line adds some scoring punch there. I think if Trupp was healthy Kozek would be up top with Trupp taking that spot on the third line.

I was at the Saturday game at the Kohl Center. When the Sioux play at the Kohl during the regular season they skate out of the locker room that Providence skated out of which is the one near the Badger student section. The same area where Finley took it too Bucky! The Badgers locker is on the same side of the rink as the one Providence skated out of execpt on the other end. The Sioux skated out of a locker room located diagonally from the Providence locker on Saturday. I am wondering if the Sioux and Badgers will both skate out of the locker rooms on the same end of the rink from each corner and Lammy will be on the home team end for two periods? It should be this way since the Badgers are the away team. The Badgers need to be treated like the away team even though they are at home.

There were a pretty good number of Sioux fans at the game Saturday. The Kohl is nuts during regular season games and I am always buried in a sea of red hostile Badger fans. I am glad that there will be more Sioux fans than usual at the Kohl for the championship game.

My friend had tickets set up for a Blackhawks' game via a vendor suite at the United Center before the selection committee put the Sioux in Madison. I regretfully had to sell my regional championship tickets after the Sioux game Saturday since I had already committed to the Blackhawks' game. I am going to be watching Toews kick butt against the Blue Jackets from a suite at the United Center and I am hopefully going to be able to watch the Sioux kick butt against the Badgers on a TV in the suite! I would rather be at the Kohl but couldn't let my friend down with the Blackhawks' game. :ohmy:

Hopefully we will win the regional championship game and I will have an excuse to go to Denver to watch them live two more times this year!! :D

Sioux obviously need to play with more passion than they did today. 5-5 we were outplayed for most of the game. I have a suspicion the boys will really be ready to go tomorrow! I still do not like Miller on the top line. He is a real weak link there. i realize having Kozek on the third line adds some scoring punch there. I think if Trupp was healthy Kozek would be up top with Trupp taking that spot on the third line.

CLEARLY. haha.

maybe next week if we win??!!! i'm hopeful, but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

CLEARLY. haha.

maybe next week if we win??!!! i'm hopeful, but that might be wishful thinking on my part.

I don't thimk it is wishful thinking at all. Badgers are a .500 team and the Sioux should win this game regardless of the Bucky crowd. If you want to win a national title you have to rise above and win these types of games. I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Let's just hope the players are sawing logs as we speak!! ha

During tournament play if your the higher seed you are the home team. This should hold true for UND. They will be wearing white and have last change. They might not get the home bench or home net. I don't think that should matter. I would rather have that last change. Correct me if I am wrong, but they could wear the black sweaters if Wisconsin approves it. I think that how its done. Is the Kohl arena set up so the teams come out of the bench area? If so it would be hard to move Wisconsin out of their own locker room.

I don't thimk it is wishful thinking at all. Badgers are a .500 team and the Sioux should win this game regardless of the Bucky crowd. If you want to win a national title you have to rise above and win these types of games. I have a good feeling about tomorrow. Let's just hope the players are sawing logs as we speak!! ha

Totally agree. But I was actually wishing for another shot at Denver. Payback game like vs. Minny at the West regional last year. Now you get an upstart, confident Bucky team at home waving the no respect card. Still with that being said this is a team UND should beat tonight!

Another great day of hockey and no doubt another Sioux victory celebration this evening. Statement game for the Sioux and Sconny Bucky better be ready for 60-minutes of intense hockey. All the facts equate to a Sioux victory and of no surprise another Frozen Four championship season.

Could be a blowout win for the Sioux, but you only need to win by one goal.

Hopefully we get Miami on 4/10!

You mean the Hair Bears? I agree, I'd like to go the Frozen Four and be facing nothing but Cup Cakes from the CCHA.

(Seriously Michigan's the real deal, but I like matching up against the Hair Bears rather than BC again.

Watched every game yesterday. PC, TV...I had them all going. My takeaway is that there are no cupcakes. These teams are good.

First things first, beat Wisconsin. They are going to play tough. We need to establish a physical presence from the drop of the puck and get that first goal to take the Kohl center crowd out of it. They are going to try and frustrate, and they are going to trap and clutch and grab and try and force turnovers. Denver got beat because Denver tried to beat Wisconsin at their own game. Ever since Trotter left, Denver did a Wisconsin impression with the trap and slow down play.

We are definitely more skilled upfront, and the top end guys need to prove it again. The four pass tic tac toe play that the OSH, Duncs and Miller did in the third that just missed might've had one pass too many, but man was it a play.

9 hours to game time!