SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Game Threads - Scores

AZSIOUX

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I watch the Notre Dame/UNH game, AZSIOUX? Espn360.com? Channelsurfing.net?

WTF? I can't watch it on TV, now I can't watch it on my computer because COMCAST doesn't offer Espn360.com? What the he** am I paying $140 a month for, NOT-tastic?

:D:D:D

Same deal here with Charter. Sucks. Doesn't look like a whole lot of cable companies do. Makes me think this whole limited ESPNU coverage is to sell this ESPN360, kind of like the NFL network.

Same deal here with Charter. Sucks. Doesn't look like a whole lot of cable companies do. Makes me think this whole limited ESPNU coverage is to sell this ESPN360, kind of like the NFL network.

And I flip on ESPN now and ****ING FIGURE SKATING is on. Excuse me while I go puke.

I normally love Midco but today ... not so much.

I have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPN Classic, but not ESPNU. And Midco doesn't do ESPN360.com.

I have Midcontinent Classic Cable (not digital) and you would think that the FSSN Channel (23 in Grand Forks) would have some games on like they have in past years. But no. All they have is that stupid TV Guide crap on over and over again! :D And this afternoon, instead of showing some regional games (like they have in the past), FSN North had the award-winning line-up of Twins pre-season insomnia-cure programming, Poker and some NASCAR stuff (I didn't bother to watch it long enough to figure out what it was called). I know they have the Wild on this evening and I don't expect them to preempt that with the Wild in the playoff chase, but this afternoon would have been a great time to put some NCAA playoff puck on. But no, that would make too much sense! :D

I am sick and tired of the consumer getting a swift kick in the arse by the big media empires. This is what happens with media consolidation and lack of competition. It won't be long before the Frozen Four is available ONLY on ESPNU or ESPN360 or some other obscure cable outfit that is available to only 10% of the United States (CSTV perhaps). And it is only a matter of time before the Super Bowl is available ONLY on NFL Network. But that is another discussion for another time.

End Rant.

As I said:

Of course, as much as I tease, I think I picked SCSU to finally win one, too....

I didn't fall into the majority to pick SCSU to win this afternoon and I am by no means a knowledgable hockey fan. But when I saw SCSU at the Ralph, they were the softest team I had seen this year. I know soft...I see myself in the mirror every day and saw Brittney Spears on the MTV Music Awards!! :D

I have Midcontinent Classic Cable (not digital) and you would think that the FSSN Channel (23 in Grand Forks) would have some games on like they have in past years. But no. All they have is that stupid TV Guide crap on over and over again! :D And this afternoon, instead of showing some regional games (like they have in the past), FSN North had the award-winning line-up of Twins pre-season insomnia-cure programming, Poker and some NASCAR stuff (I didn't bother to watch it long enough to figure out what it was called). I know they have the Wild on this evening and I don't expect them to preempt that with the Wild in the playoff chase, but this afternoon would have been a great time to put some NCAA playoff puck on. But no, that would make too much sense! :D

I am sick and tired of the consumer getting a swift kick in the arse by the big media empires. This is what happens with media consolidation and lack of competition. It won't be long before the Frozen Four is available ONLY on ESPNU or ESPN360 or some other obscure cable outfit that is available to only 10% of the United States (CSTV perhaps). And it is only a matter of time before the Super Bowl is available ONLY on NFL Network. But that is another discussion for another time.

End Rant.

FSN North did not have the opportunity to purchase todays games. The only game today that was available is the UNH vs ND game. It was sold to Altitude. FSN North could have purchased this game but it would have interupted the Wild Game. Blame ESPN and the NCAA for letting them do this kind of stuff!!! Its not like the NCAA is neive to this type of thing with the Big Ten Network issues. :D

BD

FSN North did not have the opportunity to purchase todays games. The only game today that was available is the UNH vs ND game. It was sold to Altitude. FSN North could have purchased this game but it would have interupted the Wild Game. Blame ESPN and the NCAA for letting them do this kind of stuff!!! Its not like the NCAA is neive to this type of thing with the Big Ten Network issues. :D

BD

Thanks for the heads up, I've got altitude with the Driect TV sports pack.

I'm laughing my butt of that St. Clown has kept the streak alive.

End Rant.

BD

Exactly. FSN did not have a chance to get the games and it would not make sense to show the one game that they could get. It is not FSN's fault or Midco's (although you can blame Midco for not getting ESPNU). This is all on ESPN's plate.

Where can I watch the Notre Dame/UNH game, AZSIOUX? Espn360.com? Channelsurfing.net?

WTF? I can't watch it on TV, now I can't watch it on my computer because COMCAST doesn't offer Espn360.com? What the he** am I paying $140 a month for, NOT-tastic?

:D:D:D

The UNH v Dame is on DTV # 644 Altitude. This is one of the many reasons I love DTV and the sports package.

BD

Thanks for the insight into this. Personally, I don't care who is at fault, I am just sick of the consumer getting the short end of the stick on stuff like this. Putting the games on obscure networks that very few people can get is stupid and bad for both consumers and the networks' bottom lines. I think it's time that fans start calling and/or e-mailing the big shots who come up with this crap and tell them what they think (respectfully, but firmly). Or else the Frozen Four will be next.